PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

johnj

I meant cheapest mobo which would support, not just cheapest mobo... For motherboard, I am expecting around 30k to spend. Yes, would need high end 1200W or more psu, water cooling, Liquid cooler for processor and all the stuff... Yes, I am looking at X670 for now, will see which best supports in the cheapest price among them.. There are many variants in X670 too.

Threadripper and A100/A6000 is way too high in price, lol. I am not even thinking about that...
30k not a small amount, but a big amount, you can easily afford asus TUF pro or ROG series. wi-fi costs 1500 extra. Asus tuf x670e pro or rog x670e or tuf x670a pro. MSI, Asrock etc next mouth.
Dual cpu - consider x670e chip set , for nvidia look for nvlink

omaebakabaka

I wanted cheapest mobo which would support dual gpu. Processor that I am looking for is 7900/7950x, I dont care about wifi or other stuff...
That depends on overall powersupply and corresponding cooling and then with low profile cards, pci slot distances and so on. You will most likely need to step up in terms of budget or risk failing the rig.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Folks pls suggest laptops in range of 50k-60k
If u can suggest higher range better but with discount so that it falls to 50k-60k as sale is going on flipkart and amazon

johnj

Is there anything good other than acer bcoz my father is not interested in that company for unknown reasons
What issue with acer ?
Asus, HP,, Lenovo - first choice /India
MSI, Acer, Dell - second choie /India
Main brands also having sub brands

HP for professionals
Asus for designers/ gamer
Rest - specific
Apple- best all rounder.

Its depends on you to choose one. What kind of lap you want & why ?
Choose a brand - a cpu - m2 ssd [512gb min]/ 16 gb ram/ gup[if you want] - LED display quality -sound quality -cam quality - keypad quality - ports[usb, hdmi, dp, type c etc] and discount + warranty + software Its easy.

jai jaganath

Country flag
What issue with acer ?

HP for professionals
Rest - specific
Apple- best all rounder.

Choose a brand - a cpu - m2 ssd [512gb min]/ 16 gb ram/ gup[if you want] - LED display quality -sound quality -cam quality - keypad quality - ports[usb, hdmi, dp, type c etc] and discount + warranty + software Its easy.
My father has tried both Acer and hp recently so he wants a new company to try

jai jaganath

Country flag
What issue with acer ?

HP for professionals
Rest - specific
Apple- best all rounder.

I have a doubt should I give preference to ryzen 7 or Nvidia
I am noob so pls excuse if asked something illogical

Physx32

Country flag
For those who are waiting for Zen4 and AM5 :-

1. It won't support DDR4 RAM, your existing RAM will be useless. DDR5s are costly and performance difference is not that much.

2. AM5 will be costly for at least 6 months almost comparable to intel mobos, let's hope otherwise.

3. AMD isn't releasing budget CPUs as of now.

4. Intel also has very good affordable processors.

8k se 10k ka extra kharcha.

Should Zen4 and AM5 be waited ?🤔
I'm personally waiting for Zen 4 and RTX 4000/ AMD RX7000 series GPUs. I plan to build a new PC next year. My current build with i7 7700k and GTX 1070 is getting ancient.

johnj

I have a doubt should I give preference to ryzen 7 or Nvidia
I am noob so pls excuse if asked something illogical
My father has tried both Acer and hp recently so he wants a new company to try
Acer and HP, for business/pro use right ? both are good[standard model] & HP having good service[oem/local]
Nvidia & ryzen 7 = you can choose both in same laptop. ryzen 7 = cpu/apu & Nvidia = gpu.
If you can wait, a year, then you can choose Zen 4 based laptop, or you can current ones.

johnj

I'm personally waiting for Zen 4 and RTX 4000/ AMD RX7000 series GPUs. I plan to build a new PC next year. My current build with i7 7700k and GTX 1070 is getting ancient.
i7 7700k not getting ancient, still good cpu, can handle most of normal tasks, but GTX 1070 very old or ancient.
Zen 4 and nvidia rtx 4070 sound great. [Don't buy AMD if you consider using gpu for more than 3 years].

omaebakabaka

i7 7700k not getting ancient, still good cpu, can handle most of normal tasks, but GTX 1070 very old or ancient.
Zen 4 and nvidia rtx 4070 sound great. [Don't buy AMD if you consider using gpu for more than 3 years].
really depends on what the gpu is for, for those that just browse and watch videos even gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3 works especially desktops. But if its laptop, unless you are playing games or do some editing work, why do you even need discrete card?

johnj

really depends on what the gpu is for, for those that just browse and watch videos even gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3 works especially desktops. But if its laptop, unless you are playing games or do some editing work, why do you even need discrete card?
What are you talking about ? I don't need a gpu to play videos or 4k ones or light 3d games, gpu inside cpu do just fing and better than bottom end cards or gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3.
Need of gpu depend on cpu.
Here I quote to a person who is using gtx 1070, and he is going to buy a new one.
In the case of laptop, its true.
Advice - don't buy gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3 or any bottom end gpus, unless mobo don't have any video o/p port.

omaebakabaka

What are you talking about ? I don't need a gpu to play videos or 4k ones or light 3d games, gpu inside cpu do just fing and better than bottom end cards or gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3.
Need of gpu depend on cpu.
Here I quote to a person who is using gtx 1070, and he is going to buy a new one.
In the case of laptop, its true.
Advice - don't buy gt 600 series with 1 gb gddr3 or any bottom end gpus, unless mobo don't have any video o/p port.
I was more pointing towards people considering discreet gpu's in laptops as there is too much marketing now. If you don't need to drive 3 to 4 monitors at 4k level or playing heavy games or doing editing work, integrated gpu's are generally more than good enough now and will result in cool boards with less fans spinning. Odds are you will hit CPU constraints if you have a laptop that is over 10 years old before anything as modern software is based on optimization of cache on the chip and even if cpu is powerful now, future software may not see benefits just based on clock speed itself as new instructions are added with each gen. Browsers are the example of this....

omaebakabaka

I don't think you can get them anymore unless in used market? Additional coment, If you are linux guys, then you have to consider driver challenges although it got better now with new kernals including nvdia friendly universal driver for basic needs but you would need to struggle with nvdia drivers if you need to get performance better than generic driver.

omaebakabaka

Anyone has any feedback on whether mechanical keyboards made by chinese brands in 2.4g or BT or their driver software is safe?

johnj

I was more pointing towards people considering discreet gpu's in laptops as there is too much marketing now. If you don't need to drive 3 to 4 monitors at 4k level or playing heavy games or doing editing work, integrated gpu's are generally more than good enough now and will result in cool boards with less fans spinning. Odds are you will hit CPU constraints if you have a laptop that is over 10 years old before anything as modern software is based on optimization of cache on the chip and even if cpu is powerful now, future software may not see benefits just based on clock speed itself as new instructions are added with each gen. Browsers are the example of this....
True, with less issues, less money, less electric power needed.

johnj

I don't think you can get them anymore unless in used market? Additional coment, If you are linux guys, then you have to consider driver challenges although it got better now with new kernals including nvdia friendly universal driver for basic needs but you would need to struggle with nvdia drivers if you need to get performance better than generic driver.
Why I need one ?
I'm not using linux for now. Importantly I'm not using a GPU.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Acer and HP, for business/pro use right ? both are good[standard model] & HP having good service[oem/local]
Nvidia & ryzen 7 = you can choose both in same laptop. ryzen 7 = cpu/apu & Nvidia = gpu.
If you can wait, a year, then you can choose Zen 4 based laptop, or you can current ones.
Sirji one last question
Which company has the most no of indigenous content in laptops
Bit off discussion but still

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles