PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
For 400rs there are some USB 3.0 external hard disk cases available on Amazon you can go with those rather than using USB2.0 but for some reason can't copy link here.

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Yes in laptops their is nothing different with HDD you can swap HDD with any laptop. If HDD doesn't have any issues or isn't dying you will not have any issues in booting up.
But you will need to reinstall windows because there will be the driver issues and all. But you can try

Anyways why do you need to swap whole HDD just use the external case.

You can use this software to check the life of the hard drive.

Most of the modern laptops use DDR4 Ram stick it's the standard so if your old laptop have DDR4 ram you can just take them out and use them in the new laptop make sure the new one which you are buying have extra ram slots (most of the laptops have this)
HDD 2.5 is also universal thing so you don't need similar laptop to use it.
Btw i would recommend going with SSD based laptop and use external hard drive.

Depends what is the fault and what is the cost of the update is it even beneficial to spend money on old one
Whats the model of your laptop?
my laptop is dell Inspiron 3521

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Intel vs Amd laptop, result as expected :-

A chauhan

Country flag
Guys, my brother is purchasing Macbook Air 2020 model, can you tell me where can he get best value ? Online or local shop ?🤔

Is Apple's website good for price :-

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Guys, my brother is purchasing Macbook Air 2020 model, can you tell me where can he get best value ? Online or local shop ?🤔

Is Apple's website good for price :-

GO for Offline Stores Croma Vijay Sales Digital Express
GO for Offline Stores Croma Vijay Sales Digital Express. Bundle offers are available from them and various schemes. Tell your Nigga not to just look for brand name but also consider other factors light books are available with good features at lower prices

A chauhan

Country flag
GO for Offline Stores Croma Vijay Sales Digital Express. Bundle offers are available from them and various schemes.
OK will look for it, thanks 🤗

Shredder

Country flag
Need some help with this.

PSUs which are 650-700 watts and cost 4.8K and 5K respectively, brands are Antec VP series and Gigabyte. As per the PSU Tier list, these are rated D, while the Gigabyte one is not listed.

Is it better to buy a Corsair CX550 because of this model's reputation?

For my friend's config who is very tight on the leftover budget meant to purchase a PSU.

(Why are amazon links getting parsed as media?)

Config:
Ryzen 3700X
B550 board
32GB DDR4 3200MHz (8GBx4 slots)
Geforce RTX 2060 Super
1TB x 2 M.2 SSD
4TB x 2 HDD
DVD write drive (lol)
Gigabyte RGB case with 5 fans
CM Hyper Evo 212 cooler
5 x 120 mm fans totally in the cabinet.

RGB K/B and mouse. Might add a Blu-ray writer in future for his video editing needs.

I stand with the CX550, somehow I don't trust Antec and Gigabyte specifically with this series.

Willy3

Country flag
Is laptop going to obsolete in next 4-5 years ? Should I buy a laptop in 2020 to replace my 2012 one ?

Haldilal

Country flag
Is laptop going to obsolete in next 4-5 years ? Should I buy a laptop in 2020 to replace my 2012 one ?
People said same in 2010 what happened.

A chauhan

Country flag
Nope, rather a new generation of highly powerful gaming laptops will begin.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Need some help with this.

PSUs which are 650-700 watts and cost 4.8K and 5K respectively, brands are Antec VP series and Gigabyte. As per the PSU Tier list, these are rated D, while the Gigabyte one is not listed.

Is it better to buy a Corsair CX550 because of this model's reputation?

For my friend's config who is very tight on the leftover budget meant to purchase a PSU.

(Why are amazon links getting parsed as media?)

Config:
Ryzen 3700X
B550 board
32GB DDR4 3200MHz (8GBx4 slots)
Geforce RTX 2060 Super
1TB x 2 M.2 SSD
4TB x 2 HDD
DVD write drive (lol)
Gigabyte RGB case with 5 fans
CM Hyper Evo 212 cooler
5 x 120 mm fans totally in the cabinet.

RGB K/B and mouse. Might add a Blu-ray writer in future for his video editing needs.

I stand with the CX550, somehow I don't trust Antec and Gigabyte specifically with this series.
For the config, i think 550 watts is enough. AMD 3700x is 64 watts will draw 120w at most. RTX 2060 will draw 200-250 W. Other things don't use that much power. Use pc part picker and add these components to get approx watt requirement.

Look for modular power supply for better cable management. It makes sense for user to put 650-700 watts only if planning to upgrade GPU later.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ok..but is it future PC/laptop development going towards mostly keeping games on mind ?
Three types Gaming High scale Business and Students focused.

Willy3

Country flag
People said same in 2010 what happened.
It's actually while playing a game my laptop all the sudden start lagging heavily, even I can't writing a word document properly .

it's not connect to internet for weeks so don't expect sudden virus issues... though I have yet to visit any shop but ppl suggesting that probably my device is in its end cycle.. don't know what to do

Kumata

Country flag
Gaming on laptop is a myth .. the sooner it gets over better it is.. fact is you either need a dedicated gaming console or use a good spec desktop ..off lately , OEM's are pushing these so called gaming laptops to shore up the failing sales... nothing else...

cannonfodder

Country flag
Gaming on laptop is a myth .. the sooner it gets over better it is.. fact is you either need a dedicated gaming console or use a good spec desktop ..off lately , OEM's are pushing these so called gaming laptops to shore up the failing sales... nothing else...
Unless there is way to atleast change/modify gpu, there is no real gaming laptop. I thought e-gpu had a great scope like have an portable laptop then at home just connect external gpu to play games. However the pricing is not cheap needs $200-300 external housing + cost of gpu of your choosing. In all fairness, with upcoming consoles getting 8 cores, lot of CPU hardware with only 4-cores may become absolute in 2 years horizon. So this is not good time to buy gaming laptop in my opinion. Most well built premium laptops are intel which draw lot of power (14nm+++..) and getting heat throttled.

mokoman

Country flag
It's actually while playing a game my laptop all the sudden start lagging heavily, even I can't writing a word document properly .

it's not connect to internet for weeks so don't expect sudden virus issues... though I have yet to visit any shop but ppl suggesting that probably my device is in its end cycle.. don't know what to do
Cant you reinstall windows or factory reset it ?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Nope. Instead PC is becoming obsolete as people are becoming more mobile due to shifting workculture and other factors. The lockdown may have being an impedance to mobility but once it is over laptops will again shine.

Personally I recommend waiting till 2021 for buying the next laptop as the current ones have older GPUs like 1650 and 1050 ti. The sellers are going to exhaust this stock before bringing out the ones with the more advanced grappys.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
there is no gaming laptop,

PC's are still the best bet not just for gaming but also jobs that require serious juice.

PC, Laptop, notepad and smartphone will have their own niches going ahead.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles