PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
i revived my main PC some months back (have an HTPC or Home Theatre PC too, which i built last year; made that too gaming-ready, but not as powerful). previously, it was just eating dust since long. i had got it assembled as a *gaming PC* back in 2011. since then, i have changed only its GPU, that too, in March this year. earlier GPU was MSI N580GTX Lightning III. poor chap, remained HIGHLY under-utilised and then got sold off by me. all-in-all, my PC remains highly, highly under-utilised; have got 3 consoles to game on too and usually they eat away whatever amount of quality-time i could wriggle out of my schedule and could have spent with my main PC :D. anyway, my PC config is as follows:

CPU - intel core i7-2600k
Cooler - CM Hyper 212 ('X' or not, dont recall)
RAM - Gskill.Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3
GPU - Zotac GTX 1060 6GB mini
Sound Card - Asus Xonar DX
PSU - Corsair TX850
Cabinet - CM HAF X (with NZXT Sentry 2 cabinet fan-controller panel)
Monitor - BenQ G2420HD
Speakers - Edifier DA5000 Pro
Printer - Canon MP287 AIO
Storage - Zotac 240GB premium edition SSD; a 2TB seagate HDD + several more non-connected HDDs (internal + external)
Mice - Steelseries Rival 100 RGB; Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboards - Mantistek mechanical RGB; Logitech G510S
Headphones - Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma (have to sell); Audio-Technica ATH-M50x; Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5; Logitech G930; Steelseries 7H

and a couple of xbox controllers, a flying sim stick......

some pics of a few for a li'l 'show-off' :D .......

WP_20170910_21_21_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20170910_21_20_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20170910_21_21_48_Pro.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
question time!

i recently discovered that the front output port of my xonar dx sound card doesnt seem to be working. tested my speakers (edifier da5000 pro) on motherboard's sound output ports using realtek's software, the front speakers do give out sound as normal. however on xonar dx, no sound from the fronts. tested using asus's own software as well as the unixonar one. any possibility of repair here? or any more troubleshooting methods that can be applied?

secondly, i have been mulling selling these speakers off and getting a used, basic HTiB. in that case, getting something like xonar d2x should make sense, isnt it?

somebuddeh, pls advise.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
question time!

i recently discovered that the front output port of my xonar dx sound card doesnt seem to be working. tested my speakers (edifier da5000 pro) on motherboard's sound output ports using realtek's software, the front speakers do give out sound as normal. however on xonar dx, no sound from the fronts. tested using asus's own software as well as the unixonar one. any possibility of repair here? or any more troubleshooting methods that can be applied?

secondly, i have been mulling selling these speakers off and getting a used, basic HTiB. in that case, getting something like xonar d2x should make sense, isnt it?

somebuddeh, pls advise.
Uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Boot from a Linux live CD/USB and test the sound card there? If not it might be kaput.

No idea about HTiB, I use headphones :biggrin2:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Boot from a Linux live CD/USB and test the sound card there? If not it might be kaput.

did the drivers-overhaul, to no effect (official drivers as well as third-party). will look for someone who could possibly troubleshoot/repair the card and then i would sell it off. already talked to a fellow who's selling a xonar d2x, so most probably will buy that in the meantime (will be an upgrade too).

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
question time!

somebuddeh, pls advise.
1. Have you properly connected Front panel cables to Xonar DG card internally ? (least possibility of mistake)
2. Do you have loose connection there ?
3. Have you tried to update Xonar Driver (if updates come) ?
4. Have you removed the card (and front panel cables) and reinstalled it after cleaning ?
5. Try to see if your BIOS has some settings relating to this.
6. Peruse your sound card's software settings.

You have already tried the driver reinstall method, so if nothing of the aforesaid works then it's most probably a hardware problem, some component has/have malfunctioned and there is nothing which can be done.

A chauhan

Country flag

HTiBs come with a useless thing - Blue ray player, and in India blue ray discs are uncommon if I am not wrong.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
1. Have you properly connected Front panel cables to Xonar DG card internally ? (least possibility of mistake)
'internally' means? have them connected as they are meant to be.

2. Do you have loose connection there ?
no. have the cable(s) plugged in & out several times now.

3. Have you tried to update Xonar Driver (if updates come) ?
yes, installed the latest ones (beta release); the uni xonar drivers too.

4. Have you removed the card (and front panel cables) and reinstalled it after cleaning ?
yes. though cleaned the card's pci connector and the pci port with just a paint brush. inspected the card visually. found no signs of anything having gone bust on the PCB at first look.

5. Try to see if your BIOS has some settings relating to this.
probably not. but will check. however, likeliness is thin, as other speakers of the system are working fine; only the fronts refuse to speak, even though the xonar GUI shows in its audiogram that a sound-signal has been generated by the card.

6. Peruse your sound card's software settings.
had done.

looks like will have to search for some technician to help me with this.

also, the upgrade-bug has already bitten me, so now looking for a higher-segment card that would complement an AVR well.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
HTiBs come with a useless thing - Blue ray player, and in India blue ray discs are uncommon if I am not wrong.
not that uncommon after all. also, usually the HTiBs that come with the BD player are the simulated surround ones, for eg, from Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, etc., which don't come with an AVR. the ones with AVR, don't have BD players in the bundle, like from Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Sony, etc.

A chauhan

Country flag
'internally' means? have them connected as they are meant to be.
I also meant the same.

probably not. but will check. however, likeliness is thin, as other speakers of the system are working fine; only the fronts refuse to speak, even though the xonar GUI shows in its audiogram that a sound-signal has been generated by the card.
Seems like an output component has malfunctioned IMO.

also, the upgrade-bug has already bitten me, so now looking for a higher-segment card that would complement an AVR well.
Buying an upgrade is always the most tempting and perfect solution. :wink:

lol! we were discussing PC stuff in the AV thread, and now AV stuff in the PC hardware thread. :rofl:
When we use PCs with AVRs and HTs or HtiBs then the boundary line between the threads becomes very thin or dashed :biggrin2:

archie

Country flag
Build in Progress

Ryzen 1700
16 GB Gskill 3200 Cl 14 (8*2)
Radeon 7750 (from Old build due to be replaced probably R580 (Damn Miners) or Vega 11 later this Year)
Asus X370 Prime
Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard & x5 Mouse

Sorry will Shift to New Thread

A chauhan

Country flag
does anybody want to buy Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with USB pass (carbon)?! mint condition. 3 weeks old. full warranty. spotted a good deal on it. for 4k.
@A chauhan @aditya10r @SajeevJino etc.
Kya kahun, I am not getting enough time to even boot and sit before my PC:yawn:, no plans to buy a mechanical keyboard as of now. I have been diagnosed with Eosinophilia so I am on a full month's course of medicines :yawn:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Kya kahun, I am not getting enough time to even boot and sit before my PC:yawn:, no plans to buy a mechanical keyboard as of now. I have been diagnosed with Eosinophilia so I am on a full month's course of medicines :yawn:
same here.
and i too had got that irritating ailment some months back. still infected with a less severe bout now with changing season. many around me are afflicted. so take care and get well soon.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
My PC is all rigged up.

==============================================================

archie

Country flag
does anybody want to buy Logitech G413 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with USB pass (carbon)?! mint condition. 3 weeks old. full warranty. spotted a good deal on it. for 4k.

Is it still available? ********************** 30 char

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles