PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
5900x prices have dropped to 33-36k rs., It can run on B550 mobos worth 15k as well. 😁

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
😅I wanna curse so bad rn
Seems like you have just assembled your pc. AMD is cutting prices of 5000 series so that sales can recover since it had dropped after 7000 series launch and there is a threat of 13th gen intel launch next week. Prices may further drop even for 7000 series 😅 good times ahead...

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Seems like you have just assembled your pc. AMD is cutting prices of 5000 series so that sales can recover since it had dropped after 7000 series launch and there is a threat of 13th gen intel launch next week. Prices may further drop even for 7000 series 😅 good times ahead...
Yeah assembled last year bought mine for 42 if I remember correctly

NutCracker

Country flag
No one in this thread has talked about Indian brand of DDR4 RAM..

so don't forget to check out Dolgix - made in India ( only memory chips imported I guess). competitive pricing compare to Crucial . I bought second stick for my laptop and its running like charm.

Warranty review unkown RAMs die rarely.

archie

Country flag
No one in this thread has talked about Indian brand of DDR4 RAM..

so don't forget to check out Dolgix - made in India ( only memory chips imported I guess). competitive pricing compare to Crucial . I bought second stick for my laptop and its running like charm.

Warranty review unkown RAMs die rarely.
Warranty is one. Compatibility, Speed and CAS Ram Timing is another.

We do not have chip fabs yet in India. Maybe PCB might be made in India..

Physx32

Country flag
My newly built PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 13600k
Mobo: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 Wifi DDR4
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16GBx2, 3600 MHz CL16
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
Storage: XPG S70 Blade 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD.
PSU: Corsair RM850e
Cooler: Lian Li Galahad 240
Chassis: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh

I actually wanted to use DDR5, but good quality 6000 MHz, CL36 sticks are out of stock everywhere. But DDR4 will be fine for me. Some pics:
DSC_4777.jpg

Cheran

Country flag
My newly built PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 13600k
Mobo: MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 Wifi DDR4
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16GBx2, 3600 MHz CL16
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
Storage: XPG S70 Blade 1TB PCIe Gen 4 SSD.
PSU: Corsair RM850e
Cooler: Lian Li Galahad 240
Chassis: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh

I actually wanted to use DDR5, but good quality 6000 MHz, CL36 sticks are out of stock everywhere. But DDR4 will be fine for me. Some pics:
View attachment 181327

Whats the price of this build? (Including OS)

If anyone else has taken a new PC, please post config. & price

AnantS

Country flag
avoid compact laptops with powerful gpus. heat cooks all. big laptops have clearances for cooling and aren't tightly packed. The trend of blindly following macbook of making thinnest laptops aren't great if you are running laptops for longer duration. Dells too crumble after 5 years. Latest thin dell laptops have heating issues.

Sometimes I think what consumers really need is Powerful Desktop CPU. And Cheap laptop through which you log into CPU when you need performance and respite from Chair. For simple tasks and portability- Laptops should suffice.

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Whats the price of this build? (Including OS)

If anyone else has taken a new PC, please post config. & price
Including os? Brush never pay for windows plz unless ur a company windows does not give a fuck if u pirate it or not

AnantS

Country flag
Including os? Brush never pay for windows plz unless ur a company windows does not give a fuck if u pirate it or not
all pirated windows have loopholes/backdoors for plenty spyware, malware and viruses. Avoid them. Want to avoid paying M$ - get Linux - though linux has its own learning curve and using its interface and products out of box if you are just plain user - dont give same exp as MacOS or Windows.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
all pirated windows have loopholes/backdoors for plenty spyware, malware and viruses. Avoid them. Want to avoid paying M$ - get Linux - though linux has its own learning curve and using its interface and products out of box if you are just plain user - dont give same exp as MacOS or Windows.
I think he is saying about an unlicensed windows, not pirated
you could always get an activation key

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Use official windows iso and activate it using mas from GitHub no backdoor no malware no nothing

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
avoid compact laptops with powerful gpus. heat cooks all. big laptops have clearances for cooling and aren't tightly packed. The trend of blindly following macbook of making thinnest laptops aren't great if you are running laptops for longer duration. Dells too crumble after 5 years. Latest thin dell laptops have heating issues.

Sometimes I think what consumers really need is Powerful Desktop CPU. And Cheap laptop through which you log into CPU when you need performance and respite from Chair. For simple tasks and portability- Laptops should suffice.
Desktops >>>>>>> than laptops by a large margin

laptops are pretty much limited to office work now a days
Modern CPU and GPU produce extra ordinary amount of heat to be packed into small space and perform well..

DingDong

Country flag
Desktops >>>>>>> than laptops by a large margin

laptops are pretty much limited to office work now a days
Modern CPU and GPU produce extra ordinary amount of heat to be packed into small space and perform well..
True that, my current laptop is a gaming laptop (i7 8750H, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti) from late 2018 and it's performance is similar to my desktop PC from 2015 (i7 6700, 8GB RAM). I am planning to keep it for at least 3 more years until Intel's new architecture and the DDR5 technology matures.

Previous year, I built a new desktop system around i7 13700K, 32 GB RAM and the difference in productivity is enormous. I save lot of time during compilation of large programs (I am into system development). Programs run up to 5 times faster, everything feels smoother and responsive. The motherboard has got native WIFI and Bluetooth support.

One of the major advantages of the desktop PC is that I can cherry pick and upgrade/replace specific components. e.g. I am not going to upgrade my Power Supply unit and Cabinet for the next 10 years. Desktop PC also provides flexible interfacing and faster storage options.

The next item on my wish list is RTX 4060 for casual gaming.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
True that, my current laptop is a gaming laptop (i7 8750H, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti) from late 2018 and it's performance is similar to my desktop PC from 2015 (i7 6700, 8GB RAM). I am planning to keep it for at least 3 more years until Intel's new architecture and the DDR5 technology matures.

Previous year, I built a new desktop system around i7 13700K, 32 GB RAM and the difference in productivity is enormous. I save lot of time during compilation of large programs (I am into system development). Programs run up to 5 times faster, everything feels smoother and responsive. The motherboard has got native WIFI and Bluetooth support.

One of the major advantages of the desktop PC is that I can cherry pick and upgrade/replace specific components. e.g. I am not going to upgrade my Power Supply unit and Cabinet for the next 10 years. Desktop PC also provides flexible interfacing and faster storage options.

The next item on my wish list is RTX 4060 for casual gaming.
mine is 8 years old.

Can still run most games at good FPS.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD R9 390 graphics card

Will run it for couple more years and build a new one.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Windows is so cheap now a days and comes with free upgrades.
Not sure why anyone needs unlicensed or pirated!
90% of my kaalej PCs still run unlicensed

most of the revenue loss of microsoft can be traced back to Indian colleges

AnantS

Country flag
Use official windows iso and activate it using mas from GitHub no backdoor no malware no nothing
All I see is there using path to be downloaded from https://massgrave.dev/get | iex. Are you sure what all scripts they execute are safe? Already there attempt to evade AV is a red flag for me. If you are using your system for making purchases online and storing classified personal identification documents - avoid them

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles