PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

cannonfodder

Country flag
If you have time then you should wait for new AMD Generation 3 processor to come out and then buy laptops which have that chip.
8GB is enough for most of the stuff
Zen 3 based desktop processors will launch this Oct-Nov, but same architecture coming to laptop line will take 6-7 months of time. AMD is generally lagging in getting laptop processors out. Zen 2 processors are good though but laptop build quality is not as great as intel.. due to market dominance.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If you have time then you should wait for new AMD Generation 3 processor to come out and then buy laptops which have that chip.
Yeah, once they launch Zen 3 processor new laptops will be launched and 3000 series too will see price cuts, a win-win for all. I am expecting R5 3600 to be @Rs. 14000/-, R5 3600 is a great chip and future proof too for at least 5 years.

Tuco

Country flag
Intel 11th Gen cpu with integrated graphics is already turning heads, in laptop offcourse . For desktop it's AMD. I am waiting for amd gen 5, hopefully we get prize drops through out the offerings, I want to build with ryzen 7 and 30 when I can get my hands on it.

A chauhan

Country flag
Intel 11th Gen cpu with integrated graphics is already turning heads, in laptop offcourse . For desktop it's AMD. I am waiting for amd gen 5, hopefully we get prize drops through out the offerings, I want to build with ryzen 7 and 30 when I can get my hands on it.

Video comment section is lit :rofl:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
When is laptops with AMD gen 3 processor are expected to hit market ???

Also wont laptops with AMD gen3 processor would be costlier allready what i currently see online are costlier

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Also wont laptops with AMD gen3 processor would be costlier allready what i currently see online are costlier
Well it will be i guess in next 4-5 months.
Well they will not be expensive Older series laptops will get fazed out and in the same price range you will see laptops with newer chip.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Not anytime soon. You can barely find any laptop with 4700u and 4800u due to supply constraints and 4x00HS is exclusive to G14.

My dream laptop is Dell XPS 15 with a Ryzen 7 4800HS :whoa: ...but alas I have to choose between a shitty Intel i7 or a comically small G14.:puke:

A chauhan

Country flag
Zen 3 (4rth gen) Ryzen processors launch event (streamed an hour ago) :-

They did not touch 5 Ghz mark 🤔 So for at least 5 months AMD is the new gaming champion for the first time :clap2: Since Intel's 11th gen will come in March.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
They did not touch 5 Ghz mark 🤔 So for at least 5 months AMD is the new gaming champion for the first time :clap2: Since Intel's 11th gen will come in March.
The gains chart they displayed were marginal, they are saying 26% gains but I am a sceptic . Let's wait for the benchmarks by reviewers. I hopped for some price drops 😅.

Tuco

Country flag
I was expecting something path breaking or something like Intel 11 gen with reduced prices hence the disappointment. But over looks good.

A chauhan

Country flag
The gains chart they displayed were marginal, they are saying 26% gains but I am a sceptic . Let's wait for the benchmarks by reviewers. I hopped for some price drops 😅.
Yeah only marginal improvements but if the improvement they claimed are right AMD has defeated intel in gaming for some time.

AMD is gradually increasing prices by each launch and is now on par with Intel. I am also disappointed with the price hike.🙁

Tuco

Country flag
Yeah only marginal improvements but if the improvement they claimed are right AMD has defeated intel in gaming for some time.

AMD is gradually increasing prices by each launch and is now on par with Intel. I am also disappointed with the price hike.🙁
What do you think, I am planning to build with 3700x instead of 5.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Actually most lappys suffer from heating issues and are not compatible for heavy gaming. I would say that unless your lappy is built for gaming and has a proper functioning cooling system avoid heavy duty gaming there. Even my so called gaming lappy turns into a cauldron of fire after 4-5 hours of gaming.

If you are not moving around and want to experience high quality gaming make a dedicated gaming rig. If price is not a factor go for a 4gb 20×× Nvidia card and a decent i7 cpu with 16 gig of ram. You will feel the difference between PC and Lappy gaming but will not have the luxury of moving around with the rig.
Looking back it seems there are no 4gb 20xx cards rather 6gb ones only. However with the 30xx series out I believe a reduced 20xx card(2060 s) would be good.

I feel a 2060 or even a 1660 ti would still hold good for another 3-5 years.

captain steel

Country flag
Looking back it seems there are no 4gb 20xx cards rather 6gb ones only. However with the 30xx series out I believe a reduced 20xx card(2060 s) would be good.

I feel a 2060 or even a 1660 ti would still hold good for another 3-5 years.
is 1660 Super future proof for 1440P gaming or will it drop to High 1080P when new AAA titles come in 2021? Iam thinking about buying expensive Ryzen 7 and would like to save money on GC so that i could upgrade just the GC when something powerful comes out after 2 years....

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
is 1660 Super future proof for 1440P gaming or will it drop to High 1080P when new AAA titles come in 2021? Iam thinking about buying expensive Ryzen 7 and would like to save money on GC so that i could upgrade just the GC when something powerful comes out after 2 years....
It is cheap and that is why I prefer it. Actually no graphics card is future proof and with development in computer graphics everything falls into obsolescence. However for low to mid settings 1080 p, 1660 or its variants 1660s and 1660 ti is decent. If you want ray tracing enabled 4k gaming then you have to ignore these cheap cards and go for the 30xx series or even 20xx series. Otherwise if you prefer gaming in 1080 p 1660 is just fine.

captain steel

Country flag
It is cheap and that is why I prefer it. Actually no graphics card is future proof and with development in computer graphics everything falls into obsolescence. However for low to mid settings 1080 p, 1660 or its variants 1660s and 1660 ti is decent. If you want ray tracing enabled 4k gaming then you have to ignore these cheap cards and go for the 30xx series or even 20xx series. Otherwise if you prefer gaming in 1080 p 1660 is just fine.
That means i would have to shell out at least 120K for a good Gaming and Streaming PC, Thank you so much, Ill Go for RTX 3060 then which is almost equal to RTX 2070....

A chauhan

Country flag
What do you think, I am planning to build with 3700x instead of 5.
Sahi ja rahe ho ... :notbad: Do wait till January, price will drop significantly.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Little fun...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles