Partition & Reunification

What do you all Feel about Indo-Pak Unification?

• Agree to the Unification

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Oppose the Unification

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • Not Decided on it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just dont care!

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Dinesh_Kumar

Many people want reunification b/w India and Pakistan. However such a stand will bring more trouble. Better to develop what is already in our hands properly, rather than taking new challenges.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
no way.i can't live with those brainwashed bakis. :tongue:

wolfpackx1

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not generalising Hindus as narrow-minded, but rather Hindus who attach taboos to Muslims, look at them with contempt and paranoia, actively discriminate against them (in jobs, elections, etc.), and who even to call them "pakistanis", as Narrow minded. If you think such Hindus don't exist, and that Muslims in India don't have to keep up with a harsh majority, you're obviously not living in this country/never lived here.
When people celebrate when pakistan wins vs India in India.Then yes they are called Pakistanis, you should know that coming from hyderabad as i am from.CRPF is always stationed at Old city for a reason.Why don't such incidents occur in Secunderabad? why only Old city?of course i will be paranoid if people go up blowing bombs in name of religion.Tell me how is precaution part of Paranoia?Why do muslims get strip searched in Airports when they see a muslim name in West?Is west paranoid ?no just cautious.

Btw,Pakistan was made on the wishes of Muslim League who
1)Said they Cannot live under hindus ruling the country.
2)They cannot live in peace beside hindus.
We gave up large part of the country for that demand?why do you want to bring them back if they broke off in the first place citing reasons as unable to live in peace with us.
Why should we bring in more and make them 40% are we that insane?

Your Comparison of East and West Germany is a fallacy,East and West Germans were both Christians in first place that is what made the transition and reunification easy, as they have a same religious identity?Where is the binding factor between India and pakistan other than it was part of India sometime ago, we don't even share the same religious identity,which was why pakistan was created in first place.

Last edited:

nrupatunga

Re: Unification of India and Pakistan

^^^ Why have you opened this thread in this sub-forum?? Any particular reason?? This is OT to this forum-topic. This sub-forum is only for tracking internal political situation in India and not to discuss some "sickular" fantasy orgasmic wishlist.

MODS: please do the needful.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Let's face it, globalization is a reality. The world has become a village now, people are exposed to each other. Cultures mingle, people move from country to country in search of jobs etc. There is only world economy. Integration is inevitable.

In this context, is it possible that India and Pakistan could become unified in the near future? Wouldn't it be in the best interests of both nations? It will send a message to the world that we're not a bickering people, that we have enough maturity to handle things in a non-violent, diplomatic fashion.
And what's in it for India? Why should we take in those people and do them a favour? We will only lose. We don't want terrorism and bomb blasts and violence and "blasphemy killings" on our streets.

Pakis can stew in their own juice.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

Let's face it, globalization is a reality. The world has become a village now, people are exposed to each other. Cultures mingle, people move from country to country in search of jobs etc. There is only world economy. Integration is inevitable.

In this context, is it possible that India and Pakistan could become unified in the near future? Wouldn't it be in the best interests of both nations? It will send a message to the world that we're not a bickering people, that we have enough maturity to handle things in a non-violent, diplomatic fashion.
We could have done it with someone else, but Pakistan? Sorry that is just suicidal.
It is a big farce that India-Pak are one people socio-culturally. Specially with the path that Pakistan has gone on to, after Independence a re-union is simply impossible.

In distant future, there may be some way to co-operate with a mellowed Pakistan. But I don't see anything more than that happening.

Regards,
Virendra

sgarg

It is possible only if people of Pakistan accept India's political structure - multi-religious multi-ethnic people living together. Pakistan has some weird goals of ethnic purity and religious purity which is not possible with India.

Rubaroo

Country flag
Pakistan today is exactly what Maulana Abul Kalam Azad had predicted way back before it's creation:

Abul Kalam Azad stated that the creation of a Pakistan would only benefit upper class Muslims who would come to monopolize the economy of the separate state; he warned that if it would be created, it would be controlled by international powers, "and with the passage of time this control will become tight"
Small group of Ashraf muslims hold sway on the majority Arzals and always taking bidding from international powers.

I support unification of the land. Pakistan isn't an idenitity, it's not an ethnicity nor a race. It doesn't represent anything. Pakistan is just a mistake that can be fixed by some daring leaderships who know what their duty is and don't have second thoughts when performing the same. Because Pakistan, on its own, can never become a fully functional state. It will be an impediment to India's economic and military growth as long as it exists. It will always play into China's and US's hands. I say unite the land. If Pakis are unable to integrate, give them internal autonomy for sometime but keep the border and security fully under Indian administration.

DocK

Country flag
I voted negative before I read the replies and I have still not changed my views.

It is believed that many people in India during 50s and some in early 60 secretly or not so secretly wished to possibly break and reunite Pakistan. The only institution standing in Pakistan was Pakistani Army which had by then tasted power.

I believe that radicalising Paki population was basically a poison pill created by Pak Army to prevent such a event post 1965 loss in line with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to retain control. What they didn't count on was it coming back to bite their ass.

Now to the much talked about Hypothetically Indian reunion.

1. Supposing that Bunnies do a wholesale FUBAR of Pak Army that the public of Pak gets rid of army and it's puppets. China is equally banged to tell Pak and Bunnies to bang themselves, retreating to Beijing.
2. Mass movement in Pak people for their Indian Father to call them back. Which a Akhand Bharat supporting Indian PM agrees to.
3. Best case scenario would be where India forms an Indian Federation under which we take control of Pak Defence and Pak Finance.
4. Force Pak to re-evaluate their curriculum and force Madarsas to either upgrade to new school syllabus or shut down.
5. Force Pak to acknowledge that rabid islamisation has not been of any use but was rather a impedance.
6. No matter what, don't open borders till atleast 2 generations have passed with a secular syllabus and islamic brain washing strictt removed.
7. In the meantime, India can start industries over there using their labour and resources with our capital and technical expertise. Allow easier movement for medical and educational needs. This will improve Indian good will in a gradual process while we prevent rabid Islamists from wrecking havoc across India.

shade

Country flag
I voted negative before I read the replies and I have still not changed my views.

It is believed that many people in India during 50s and some in early 60 secretly or not so secretly wished to possibly break and reunite Pakistan. The only institution standing in Pakistan was Pakistani Army which had by then tasted power.

I believe that radicalising Paki population was basically a poison pill created by Pak Army to prevent such a event post 1965 loss in line with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to retain control. What they didn't count on was it coming back to bite their ass.

Now to the much talked about Hypothetically Indian reunion.

1. Supposing that Bunnies do a wholesale FUBAR of Pak Army that the public of Pak gets rid of army and it's puppets. China is equally banged to tell Pak and Bunnies to bang themselves, retreating to Beijing.
2. Mass movement in Pak people for their Indian Father to call them back. Which a Akhand Bharat supporting Indian PM agrees to.
3. Best case scenario would be where India forms an Indian Federation under which we take control of Pak Defence and Pak Finance.
4. Force Pak to re-evaluate their curriculum and force Madarsas to either upgrade to new school syllabus or shut down.
5. Force Pak to acknowledge that rabid islamisation has not been of any use but was rather a impedance.
6. No matter what, don't open borders till atleast 2 generations have passed with a secular syllabus and islamic brain washing strictt removed.
7. In the meantime, India can start industries over there using their labour and resources with our capital and technical expertise. Allow easier movement for medical and educational needs. This will improve Indian good will in a gradual process while we prevent rabid Islamists from wrecking havoc across India.
You can't control some ~150 million rabid sullas who have been taught from birth to hate a blackie yindoo kuffar country.
Too much water has flown under the bridge for this to be possible, It would be possible in 1947 itself, but that itself would be a long and bloody war with indeterminate outcome.

If we have to contain them I recommend salami slicing their territory, starting with PoK, not moving to grab all at once, but capturing some districts/valleys/hills, consolidating our gains, and in the next 2-3 years launching some operation again.

besides we have enough sullas here, first we must find a solution to de-Mominize( Like what was done to the Soviet Central Asians or the Turks under Ataturk and Military rule ) them and then look towards any long term schemes to find a Final Solution to the Pakistani problem.

DocK

Country flag
You can't control some ~150 million rabid sullas who have been taught from birth to hate a blackie yindoo kuffar country.
Too much water has flown under the bridge for this to be possible, It would be possible in 1947 itself, but that itself would be a long and bloody war with indeterminate outcome.

If we have to contain them I recommend salami slicing their territory, starting with PoK, not moving to grab all at once, but capturing some districts/valleys/hills, consolidating our gains, and in the next 2-3 years launching some operation again.

besides we have enough sullas here, first we must find a solution to de-Mominize( Like what was done to the Soviet Central Asians or the Turks under Ataturk and Military rule ) them and then look towards any long term schemes to find a Final Solution to the Pakistani problem.
Exactly my point.

I don't agree to reunion.

If HYPOTHETICALLY Pakis want to then we should control their finance, defence and education. Strictly de-islamise it and reunion can be considered After 2 generations have passed through a secular curriculum. Till then No Open Border policy is possible.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Reunification is a joke! :crazy:

How do you think we could live with those medieval clowns? They may be here physically in this era but their brains are still stuck with 7th century mentality, that even the Arabs abandoned years ago in favour of modernization.

If they revert en masse to our faith systems, restore the ancient spirituality that we all share here, then there is a good chance of a possible reunification.

But that has about as much chance as me gaining Superman's powers and dismantling the PLA single-handedly in the upcoming war.:rofl:

MonaLazy

Reunification is guaranteed to happen one way or the other. The thousand year war in Europe gave rise to EU over time. Leadership on both sides has enough time - till about 2947 at the very least!

It may not be political reunification, but borders will become sufficiently meaningless.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Instead of complete unification India shld aim for breaking Pakistan into three or four parts and making them satelite nations. Much like a Greater India. That would make the Paki nukes and millitary redundant and we shld dismantle the whole thing. Secondly, we shld aim to assimilate Bhutan in the next two decades. With a belligerent China, its in the interest of Bhutan to join the Indian republic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles