Palin tells India she is wary of China

Country flag
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...ndia-she-is-wary-of-China/UPI-77771300638158/

NEW DELHI, March 20 (UPI) -- Sarah Palin told an audience in India she was still thinking about a run for U.S. president, and expressed wariness over China's military and economic prowess.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate, now-prominent GOP star, told an upscale audience in New Delhi that she was in no rush to launch a campaign for the 2012 presidential nomination.

"I want to find out who else is going to put their name forward in service," she told the audience, which the Washington Post said included business and political leaders as well as Bollywood film stars.

The former Alaska governor also candidly responded to questions about U.S. relations with China, the Post said. Palin said she was concerned with an over-reliance on China in economic matters and with the steady build-up of its military capabilities.

"You don't see a tangible outside threat "¦ to that country," Palin said. "Is that just for a defensive posture? How can that be? Stockpiling ballistic missiles, submarines, ultra-modern fighter aircraft

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...ry-of-China/UPI-77771300638158/#ixzz1HCDUXSSQ

cw2005

I like Palin because she is a politician and she does not hide her hypocrisy like other politicians do. She said this just for the pleasure of the Indians and she knows it.

When she said

"You don't see a tangible outside threat "¦ to China"

with full understanding that China is having problem with Taiwan (backed by US), Japan for territory argument, Vietnam in the south, Indian cross the mountain and even Russia in the north, not to mention USA playing war game at China's front door.

One may even asked since "USA doesn't has a tangible outside threat", why USA maintain the strongest military ability in the earth.

Last edited:

amoy

I like Sarah too. During one of her campaigns for presidency, she brought her whole family onto the stage including a daughter with premarital pregancy, and her boyfriend. She said she was a proud 'would-be' grandma, adding they'd get married. That gave her a human touch championing "family values".

She has my vote (*__*)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I would like to know why she is speaking in India? No one there going to vote for her.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Palin is an idiot. She just tried to play to the gallery. The lady is worse than Bush when it comes of gaffes.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
is there a dearth of global leaders that the india today conclave decided to call sarah palin?also why was syed ali shah gilani invited for the concert and no kashmiri pandit representative?

SHASH2K2

Palin not yet sure of contesting US presidential polls

Clearly hinting at the rise of India and the United States rather than China, former Republican Vice-President nominee Sarah Palin on Saturday said that the 'world's largest democracies and not the world's autocracies' would rise in the 21st century.

Palin also expressed concern over China's massive military build-up, wondering whether it was defensive. She was delivering the dinner keynote address 'My vision of America' at the 10th India Today Conclave in Delhi.

Palin added that it was time for a woman president in the United States. However, she has not made up her mind on running for the 2012 presidential elections. "There's still time to deliberate on that," she said, replying to a question from India Today Editor-in-chief Aroon Purie.

Palin's statement comes at a time when it is being speculated that she may not run for the next US presidential campaign.

Palin painted a picture of the shared destinies of India and the United States which had a common interest in the peaceful rise of China and the safety of the sea lanes of communication in the Indian Ocean. Both nations, she said, were victims of terrorism.

"More decisiveness, less dithering," said Palin when asked what her response to the Libyan crisis would have been if she were the US President. There were several options short of sending troops into Libya. These options included enforcing the no-fly zone.

Guests at the packed Conclave address were treated to a glimpse of the gutsy vice-presidential nominee sometimes labelled a 'Mama Bear' and a 'Hockey Mom' during the course of her 2008 presidential campaign, which she had fought with John McCain.

Palin insisted that Russia could be seen from Alaska. "You can't rely on the mainstream media to set records straight," Palin said of what she has called the 'lamestream media'.

"I will put my foot down to ensure that people will have the right information," Palin said, insisting that Republicans had the fighting instinct of sheep when it came to taking on the media.

In the course of her speech, she took on another of her bugbears: big government that was standing in the way of ordinary citizens. "My faith is not in big government but in people," she said.

Repeatedly speaking of the 'ordinary men and women' of America, Palin spoke of tapping the 'optimistic enterprising spirit' of America to bail itself out of the $14 trillion debt.

Palin who coined the phrase 'drill baby drill' during the 2008 elections said it was a 'false Utopian fairy tale that you don't need to drill for energy needs'. The present green technologies were not mature enough and Alaska's abundant oil and gas reserves would serve as the bridge to the future.

"Energy, job creation and national security are linked," Palin said, emphasising on the need to liberate America from the clutches of oil-rich dictatorships that held the country's energy needs to ransom.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
wow in her address of a little over 32mins she talked about china for half a minute and that became a headline for upi!!!

strange are the ways of the media world, creating sensationalism out of nothing at all!

she talked at length about herself, her home alaska, her work back home, economy, indo-us relations and not a mention at all ......... talk about beating ToI in terms of sensationalism

SHASH2K2

wow in her address of a little over 32mins she talked about china for half a minute and that became a headline for upi!!!

strange are the ways of the media world, creating sensationalism out of nothing at all!

she talked at length about herself, her home alaska, her work back home, economy, indo-us relations and not a mention at all ......... talk about beating ToI in terms of sensationalism

Completely agree . Thats why I posted her complete address. People need to be careful of media sensationalism .

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Completely agree . Thats why I posted her complete address. People need to be careful of media sensationalism .
seriously and these people can literally tarnish someone's image at a flick of a minute by when that article would have been read and false opinions formed and i am sure not everyone who gets a chance to listen to that speech would listen to it but scan through that article and move ahead and there goes the poor lady who hardly muttered any thing of the sort as depicted right up there.

imagine certain vested interests pushing for a war between nations by playing around with the media and public sentiments like this.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
She is an idiot and knows nothing and is controlled by others (behind the scenes) and they tell her what to say and when to say it.

SHASH2K2

She is an idiot and knows nothing and is controlled by others (behind the scenes) and they tell her what to say and when to say it.
what did she say that you are saying this about her. whatever you read in first post is not at all what she said. Just go through what TR posted if not just watch the videos.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
what did she say that you are saying this about her. whatever you read in first post is not at all what she said. Just go through what TR posted if not just watch the videos.
im not talking about this incident but in general. in one interview she was claiming what high morals the founding fathers of usa had and how she admired each and every one of them but when interviewer asked her to name one she wasn't able to. then she says north korea is ally of usa, that she can see moscow from her window....i could go on and on.

whenever she will give an interview on her own she will make an ass of herself....hand her a scripted letter to read and she will woo all the ignorants!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
im not talking about this incident but in general. in one interview she was claiming what high morals the founding fathers of usa had and how she admired each and every one of them but when interviewer asked her to name one she wasn't able to. then she says north korea is ally of usa, that she can see moscow from her window....i could go on and on.

whenever she will give an interview on her own she will make an ass of herself....hand her a scripted letter to read and she will woo all the ignorants!
lol arun poorie made her look out for india from her kitchen window, if not that then certainly deep in her heart, though i agree the substance of her speech was the usual rhetoric one hears from all these americans, .......... free society, shared values, common interests, democracy, strategic partnership and what not and none of them on that pretext make much sense when one looks at their allies across the world and their way of dealing with international issues which is full of hippocracy. just the usual soothing of senses and they think they have won us over, i hope not!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
lol arun poorie made her look out for india from her kitchen window, if not that then certainly deep in her heart, though i agree the substance of her speech was the usual rhetoric one hears from all these americans, .......... free society, shared values, common interests, democracy, strategic partnership and what not and none of them on that pretext make much sense when one looks at their allies across the world and their way of dealing with international issues which is full of hippocracy. just the usual soothing of senses and they think they have won us over, i hope not!
Well they wont win over the people who know what they are and know there track record...only those who are illiterate and ignorant which is most of our politicians! luckily the armed forces are quite intelligent over our politicians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles