Palestinians accuse Israel of destroying prospects for two-state solution

Son of Govinda

Palestinians accuse Israel of destroying prospects for two-state solution with new settlements - The Washington Post

UNITED NATIONS — The Palestinians accused Israel on Monday of systematically destroying prospects for a two-state solution to their decades-long conflict with its continuing campaign of settlement building.

Palestinian U.N. observer Riyad Mansour sent a protest letter to the U.N. secretary-general, Security Council and General Assembly two days before the Quartet of Mideast mediators — the U.S., U.N., European Union and Russia — meets in Washington to discuss the long-stalled peace process.

Mansour said Israel's "illegal and destructive plans" to build new settlements underscore "the dubious nature" of its claims of readiness to negotiate a peace deal.

Israeli-Palestinian talks remain frozen over Palestinian demands that Israel stop building on lands they claim, and agree to negotiate borders based on lines Israel held before capturing the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem in 1967.

Israel rejects those conditions and has defied international pressure to freeze settlement construction. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists that negotiations resume without what he has portrayed as preconditions.

"The main obstacle to peace is not settlements," Karean Peretz, spokeswoman for Israel's U.N. Mission, said Monday. "It is the so-called 'claim of return' and the Palestinians leadership's refusal to return to the negotiating table. We need direct negotiations, not more provocations at the U.N."

The Palestinians have long demanded that Palestinian refugees and their descendants, who now number in the millions, be allowed to return to Israel. The Israeli government insists that the country must be recognized as the Jewish homeland, which would require the Palestinians to accept that most refugees will be denied the "right of return" to what is now Israel.

The Quartet has called for a resumption of Israeli-Palestinian negotiations with the goal of a peace agreement by the end of 2012. But in late February, U.N. political chief B. Lynn Pascoe told the Security Council that exploratory low-level talks in Amman, Jordan between the Israelis and Palestinians had stalled and prospects for resuming direct negotiations "remain dim."

Nonetheless, the Quartet on March 12 again urged the Israelis and Palestinians to return to negotiations and reach an agreement no later than the end of the year.

The Quartet's top representatives — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov — are scheduled to discuss the latest Mideast situation at Blair House in Washington on Wednesday morning on the sidelines of a meeting of foreign ministers of the eight major industrialized nations.

In his letter, Mansour said Israel "continues its systematic destruction of the two-state solution with its continuing illegal settlement campaign" which he said is "being deliberately waged in an attempt to seize more Palestinian land and entrench its control over the Palestinian territory."

Mansour appealed to the international community and especially to the Security Council "to condemn Israel's illegal settlement activities" and take urgent measures to pressure Israel to immediately halt new construction.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

pack leader

Professional
boo hooo
too ----ing late in the game you should have accepted the deal as offered in 2000
now the situation is different Jewish population growth and immigration is strong
we have gas money and a vibrant hi tech sector
Arabs stats are busy killing each other
Palestinians will get nothing but a kick in the rear :taunt1:

Son of Govinda

boo hooo
too ----ing late in the game you should have accepted the deal as offered in 2000
now the situation is different Jewish population growth and immigration is strong
we have gas money and a vibrant hi tech sector
Arabs stats are busy killing each other
Palestinians will get nothing but a kick in the rear :taunt1:
I'm sorry why are you on this forum if you are an Israeli? This forum is for Indians, and those related to India.

Son of Govinda

i am a long time member here and yes i am an Israeli
what is your problem
Don't come on any Indian forum and spew your pro-Zionist nonsense, and wonder why someone questions why you are here at all.

As far as I'm concerned you've already led me to believe your just here to spread deliberate confusion and hate amongst people.

pack leader

Professional
Don't come on any Indian forum and spew your pro-Zionist nonsense, and wonder why someone questions why you are here at all.

As far as I'm concerned you've already led me to believe your just here to spread deliberate confusion and hate amongst people.
don't talk about things you have no idea about
i am a proud Zionist
only in jihadi circles is Zionist a curse word
i wonder are you Pakistani false flager or a home grown Indian jihadi

Son of Govinda

i am a proud Zionist
Pure Born Hindu with two pure Hindu names... I expected as much from you.

Every time one of you Zionist child-murdering get called out you accuse the other person of being Muslim... boy did I see that coming.

Son of Govinda

i am a proud Zionist
Anyways this is an objective discussion for Indians, I won't allow your bias on this thread so piss off.

Son of Govinda

you are not the mod you have no right to tell me what to do
is your argument so weak it cant stand up to some valid criticizem

you jihads are coward only strong against women and children and on the internet
I have every right to tell you to piss off. You aren't Indian, you have no connection to India, and you are spewing propaganda on a thread that was meant to stay completely objective amongst Indians only.

I don't give a flying ---- about what you think about arabs or Muslims because guess what... YOU AREN'T INDIAN!

pack leader

Professional
I have every right to tell you to piss off. You aren't Indian, you have no connection to India,
you don't know me yet you have the balls to make stupid assumptions about me and my connection with India
i am a defense contractor and i worked in India many times
never have i meet such arrogant stupid people like you in my time in this beautiful land

Son of Govinda

you don't know me yet you have the balls to make stupid assumptions about me and my connection with India
i am a defense contractor and i worked in India many times
never have i meet such arrogant stupid people like you in my time in this beautiful land
I honestly could care less.... we have a lot of guests in our homeland, that doesn't make them Indian either.

If you're going to post on an Indian forum do so in a respectful manner, which means don't hijack someone's thread by saying completely infuriating nonsense.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Hey Pack leader dont even respond to this Son of Govinda ( S O G )

And continue to kick the A$$ of these bloody Palestinians

Palestinians DO NOT even recognise the RIGHT of Israel to EXIST as a Sovereign country

Typical Islamic Mentality First conquer somebody's Land and then it becomes Islamic Land

Just as it happened in Kashmir

pack leader

Professional
Pure Born Hindu with two pure Hindu names... I expected as much from you.

Every time one of you Zionist child-murdering pigs get called out you accuse the other person of being Muslim... boy did I see that coming.
now i get it your one off whose hippy type morons that believes in peace and love and all that jazz
learn some history life is a competition and only the strong survive
you don't like it shot yourself and ride the world from your defected gens

pankaj nema

Country flag
For those who DO NOT KNOW There are 25 % MUSLIMS Inside Israel living as Israeli citizens
ie 25 % of Israeli population is Muslim

How much more GENEROSITY do Muslims expect from Israel

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
we should take this lesson from Israel for our kashmir issue.

we should get some pundits' settlement in kashmir ( we should have done long time back).

it a pity now and our strategic blunder that we are now unable to hoist our "tri colour" there.
Our fault is that we have dickless, spineless 'old' people at the top. We do not have young energetic blood who make decisions. Ours is not a meritocracy and as long as reservation etc etc remain we will never progress.
Next.
The logic used by Israelis in laying claim to the land is that 'Canaan' was promised by yahowah for the israelis according to the torah. And they derive legality from the fact that when the British just decided to carve out a nation out of Palestinian lands for Israelis and populated it with several millions of israelis from who lived in various parts of the world. Note that before this yahodas (Jews), Muslims and Nasranis (Christians) lived in relative peace in these lands.
Unfortunately for Palestinians the 'powers' of the world were behind Israel. And Israel is very aggressive in it's tactics, which is also the reason for it's successes. So the future of Palestinian people is really effed up and thanks to the British a problem has been created where non existed.

I would recommend everyone to see the following documentary. It's an excellent award winning documentary
OCCUPATION 101

It's 1.5 hrs long. Save it from Youtube and watch when you have the time

Last edited by a moderator:

pankaj nema

Country flag
Israel PULLED out ALL its citizens and settlements from GAZA

What did it get in return Only Rocket Attacks

Palestinians must be resettled in the 57 OIC ie Islamic countries

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I'm sorry why are you on this forum if you are an Israeli? This forum is for Indians, and those related to India.
Then your article is misplaced too. Is Palestine in India?

And btw, it is an Indian forum that encourages international participation.

And PL is a defense professional, please show some respect.(Its a defense forum afterall)

Son of Govinda

now i get it your one off whose hippy type morons that believes in peace and love and all that jazz
learn some history life is a competition and only the strong survive
you don't like it shot yourself and ride the world from your defected gens
Now you're insulting me and using ad-hominems....

You really don't know how to act like a guest do you? That's exactly what you are here a guest.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles