Pak's illegally modified missiles a new threat for India: Report

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Thank you Ratus Sir for your clarification,

Pakistan is in obligation to Inform India before a missile test, so does India, I hope India had focused its satellite towards the missile test and is well aware of the progress, The interesting point is that US is beginning to realise Pakistan's real intention to use US weapons, and where all its aids on WoT are actually being diverted to instead of using them to fight terrorism.

US definitely needs to review its policy towards Pakistan.

Country flag
chines and pakistani are playing tag team against us.......... we need to be very careful..... north korea and iran will be their cronies........

now it appears that pakistan is giving all access to chines to their american weapons systems.
In reality it is 3 against 1; USA,China ad Pak against India. So why aren't we testing MEGATON nukes yet????

Country flag

Pakistan is in obligation to Inform India before a missile test, so does India, I hope India had focused its satellite towards the missile test and is well aware of the progress, The interesting point is that US is beginning to realise Pakistan's real intention to use US weapons, and where all its aids on WoT are actually being diverted to instead of using them to fight terrorism.

they reviewed and they tripled aid.

advaita

in reality it is 3 gainst 1 USA,China and Pak against India.
I have my reasons to doubt that US is alligned with Pakistanis & Chinese.
In fact the only conclusion I have arrived at is that US is motivated by its self interests. And so is India, Russia, Iranians and many more. Though some tactical coop between these cannot be ruled out. The only coop that is going on is covert and between the two all weather friends.

In fact, this denial of support by US is actually what gets under the Pakistani skin, this way history is merely repeating itself.

If this report is true then I think there is cause for concern since the air launched version could become a major headache for the north and north-western Indian cities.
I am guessing it but the modifications should not be such that cannot be reversed in time for the visit of US inspectors. That is the reason why the Americans are not going to be very exicted about any inspection visits. Harpoons were a strategic decision of Reagan Admn and the trouble that it could cause after 15-20 years is not something that Reaganites could have forseen.

Indians have got to step up their efforts to buildup its missiles capability. Hope it is being done.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
they reviewed and they tripled aid.
You are right LF, but maybe such statements may become the beginning of an alternative schools of thoughts in the US defense planners desk, and efforts of the pro-Indian supporters in the US congress.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Kindly Look around before simply posting threads, it would be a lot easier that way for us. Not only that, keep out One Liners and sarcasm out. Discuss to the point!

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Every weapon given to Pakistan for the so called war on terrorism will be used against India. So there is nothing to get surprised. US have a habit of making selective leaks to media depending upon its need. I don’t think Pakistan has the capability to make changes to the harpoon. Yes I do agree they might have done it with Chinese help.

Harpoon uses a sea-skimming cruise trajectory so how can it be modified for land attack. If it is modified than it trajectory must have been changed and so its range. So we can say it is a new missile.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I feel we need to worry more about the Babur Cruise Missile than the harpoons at this point. I am sure the Paks are mass producing the Baburs! Its a good missile, and the best in their hands now I feel. After all, its a Tomahawk!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

This applies only to ballistic missiles. Both can test cruise missiles and other short range missiles without notifying each other.

NSG_Blackcats

I feel we need to worry more about the Babur Cruise Missile than the harpoons at this point. I am sure the Paks are mass producing the Baburs! Its a good missile, and the best in their hands now I feel. After all, its a Tomahawk!
I have my doubt about Babur. Babur has a larger range than Brahmos (though Babur is sub sonic). But Brahmos has been tested for more than 23 times. How many times Babur has been test fired?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I have my doubt about Babur. Babur has a larger range than Brahmos (though Babur is sub sonic). But Brahmos has been tested for more than 23 times. How many times Babur has been test fired?
The Pakistani Ideology of test firing is different from the Indian system, Just because it hasnt been test fired many times, doesnt make it less lethal.

Babur and Brahmos cant be compared at this point, they are totally different, not only in range but also operationality. Its easier to take out Babur using Planes and SAMs, but not that easy with Brahmos. Lots more like that.

I wouldnt play down the Babur effect, its Real, very real. Besides, the Chinese are there to help them out too.

Country flag
I have my reasons to doubt that US is alligned with Pakistanis & Chinese.
In fact the only conclusion I have arrived at is that US is motivated by its self interests. And so is India, Russia, Iranians and many more. Though some tactical coop between these cannot be ruled out. The only coop that is going on is covert and between the two all weather friends.

In fact, this denial of support by US is actually what gets under the Pakistani skin, this way history is merely repeating itself.

If this report is true then I think there is cause for concern since the air launched version could become a major headache for the north and north-western Indian cities.
I am guessing it but the modifications should not be such that cannot be reversed in time for the visit of US inspectors. That is the reason why the Americans are not going to be very exicted about any inspection visits. Harpoons were a strategic decision of Reagan Admn and the trouble that it could cause after 15-20 years is not something that Reaganites could have forseen.

Indians have got to step up their efforts to buildup its missiles capability. Hope it is being done.
What was the denial?? USA gave these haropoons FREE to pakistan and they modified them which goes against the conditions I am sure USA made with them. While we have to BUY weapons from USA and complete end user agreements with USA to ensure we will not tinker with them, things that are fully paid and owned, you get for free and tinker no punishement is the message i think everyone gets. I am sure most weapons given to Pakistan are sent to the Chinese but i guess USA has no problems with that.

Country flag
You are right LF, but maybe such statements may become the beginning of an alternative schools of thoughts in the US defense planners desk, and efforts of the pro-Indian supporters in the US congress.
Payeng fixing things that are done after the fact always end in failures.

Country flag
Every weapon given to Pakistan for the so called war on terrorism will be used against India. So there is nothing to get surprised. US have a habit of making selective leaks to media depending upon its need. I don’t think Pakistan has the capability to make changes to the harpoon. Yes I do agree they might have done it with Chinese help.

Harpoon uses a sea-skimming cruise trajectory so how can it be modified for land attack. If it is modified than it trajectory must have been changed and so its range. So we can say it is a new missile.
if it is a low flying sea skimming missile i am sure it has not become a high flying mountain hopping missile and i see no modification that can change it into one.

Country flag
I agree ahmed, even if modified this missile is nothing special.

Ratus Ratus

Professional
USA gave these haropoons FREE to pakistan
Actually they were sold to pakistan.

they modified them which goes against the conditions I am sure USA made with them.
I have not seen the proof that the harpoon misiles have been modified.
Where exactly is the proof this did actually occur.
So far it is but speculation.

NSG_Blackcats

The Pakistani Ideology of test firing is different from the Indian system, Just because it hasnt been test fired many times, doesnt make it less lethal.

Babur and Brahmos cant be compared at this point, they are totally different, not only in range but also operationality. Its easier to take out Babur using Planes and SAMs, but not that easy with Brahmos. Lots more like that.

I wouldnt play down the Babur effect, its Real, very real. Besides, the Chinese are there to help them out too.
I do agree with you. I was not taking about Babur being lethal or not. But anyway they got the missiles which are already test fired by the Chinese.

I am not playing down the threat of Babur. My only point was the more we test, the missile will be more perfect and accurate.

Country flag
Actually they were sold to pakistan.

I have not seen the proof that the harpoon misiles have been modified.
Where exactly is the proof this did actually occur.
So far it is but speculation.
you are right rat, these were paid by US aid which means free. Even with proof of modification what will the missile become ???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles