Pakistan's naval buildup is quite concerning.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Bro the price is different for usa and india . Here another link
Did you read the damn notification? Do you know what FMS is? Why are you wasting everyon’s time?

Abhay Rajput 02

Did you read the damn notification? Do you know what FMS is? Why are you wasting everyon’s time?
Wasting time , why some of you behave like a child. ? The fms notification you attached includes the sale to many nations not just India genius. You can check all medias in India for that. Lol 467 harpoon for just 657 millions dollars , uncle Sam will never sell weapons this cheap

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Note 2 of these are old Augusta 70s. And the three Augusta 90s are 20+ years old.

Plus France has sanctions on Turkey for these upgrades. While Turkey is putting up a brave face, no way are these getting upgraded without French components. This whole upgrade program is a joke, thanks to Porkis insane foreign office jaahiliyat.

Only 3 Agosta 90s are being upgraded , the Agosta 70s are being retired or on verge of being retired as being too expensive to maintian.

the turkish company is capable of upgrading the submarine and they are sourcing major components from the british firm and even if something is being bought from france it would have been procured by now as the controversy with the french is a very recent one, i really doubt they would need french assistance in this.

having said that they will definitely need some spares to maintain the subs and their excocet missiles so it's going to get expensive or tricky for them to maintain them, but they will definitely hold onto them as they all secretly worship everything western despite all that higher than Himalayas iron brother bullshit, it's not like china gives them their top stuff anyways they also sell them downgraded export crap.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Wasting time , why some of you behave like a child. ? The fms notification you attached includes the sale to many nations not just India genius. You can check all medias in India for that. Lol 467 harpoon for just 657 millions dollars , uncle Sam will never sell weapons this cheap
Man…you are a joker. Just get out of here, madrassa joker.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Only 3 Agosta 90s are being upgraded , the Agosta 70s are being retired or on verge of being retired as being too expensive to maintian.

the turkish company is capable of upgrading the submarine and they are sourcing major components from the british firm and even if something is being bought from france it would have been procured by now as the controversy with the french is a very recent one, i really doubt they would need french assistance in this.

having said that they will definitely need some spares to maintain the subs and their excocet missiles so it's going to get expensive or tricky for them to maintain them, but they will definitely hold onto them as they all secretly worship everything western despite all that higher than Himalayas iron brother bullshit, it's not like china gives them their top stuff anyways they also sell them downgraded export crap.
So, just 3 agosga 90s being “upgraded” without any French support?
plus Turkey operates German diesels and so have no experience with French subs?
And this “upgrade” program is going to be a success?
With Turkish lira having considerably depreciated, any foreign component procurement is going to be mighty expensive. With the pork rupee depreciating even more, pork navy is faded with a hefty repair bill.

Ah, no - this upgrade is greatly at risk. Most likely the porkies are just going to get back a strengthened hull. That’s it.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
So, just 3 agosga 90s being “upgraded” without any French support?
plus Turkey operates German diesels and so have no experience with French subs?
And this “upgrade” program is going to be a success?
With Turkish lira having considerably depreciated, any foreign component procurement is going to be mighty expensive. With the pork rupee depreciating even more, pork navy is faded with a hefty repair bill.

Ah, no - this upgrade is greatly at risk. Most likely the porkies are just going to get back a strengthened hull. That’s it.
Brother the turkish company STM is good and they also have a submarine development programme called Milden going on , don't forget turkey has enjoyed great relations with west its a NATO member after all and have good access to western tech and have developed a good military industrial complex , even better than us in few aspects.

it's not because we can't , it's just they are focussed on it whereas we aren't and we have too many conflicting interests , babudom that slows us down.

STM is fully capable of upgrading the sub and it's mostly a upgrade of the electronics of the subs , which is relatively easy to do.

I also hope it gets stuck or delayed just like their T129 chopper deal but its unlikely.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Brother the turkish company STM is good and they also have a submarine development programme called Milden going on , don't forget turkey has enjoyed great relations with west its a NATO member after all and have good access to western tech and have developed a good military industrial complex , even better than us in few aspects.

it's not because we can't , it's just they are focussed on it whereas we aren't and we have too many conflicting interests , babudom that slows us down.

STM is fully capable of upgrading the sub and it's mostly a upgrade of the electronics of the subs , which is relatively easy to do.

I also hope it gets stuck or delayed just like their T129 chopper deal but its unlikely.
Milden is their aspiration. They are still going in for type 214 diesels from Germany. They are good in some areas like drones but I doubt they have any serious submarine building capabilities. They are just about learning the ropes like we are.
Access to western technology comes with strict end user licensing. They won’t be able to deploy that for third countries. In any case, Scorpenes we are building with active French naval presence are a generation ahead of Agostas and their new 8 huang class submarines from China by 2028 (if it happens) are liable to be sighted by our ASW assets. Plus we may also have some SSNs by then. They are just wasting money. Let them do so.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Don't underestimate Pakistanis. They have better submarines than us even better than our recently commissioned scorpene class with better torpedoes. I know for a fact our ins Kalvari carry old torpedoes with small range, our submarines don't even have AIP. Our p8 is good but at the same time quite downgraded from us p8. There submarines can easily get to our shores without surfacing even once and p8 will be of no help other than sonobuoys and hope to get lucky. Mh60r will be big help. 4 frigate from China with good anti ship missiles. 4 corvettes from turkey which will carry good European weapons . 8 new submarines with aip better than our submarines. In conclusion there frigates will be as good as our own frigate barring p17a class. And there 4 new corvettes and submarines better than ours. They are also getting mpa aircraft.. remember that in 2018 Pakistan has tested babur missile with 500km range from a ship. They have tested the same missile with submarines too. They also have Harpoon missile which we recently bought from USA at the cost of 85 million dollars and I bet we will not get more than 8-10 missile with 1-3 training missiles. Whenever we are close in achieving complete military superiority , Pakistan pushback with better systems than us. What you are witnessing in there naval buildup is the same thing which happen with Pakistani f16 and aim120 missiles and that was in 2008. Only after rafale and 12 years later we achieve complete superiority which will stay until they acquire typhoon or Chinese j20 5-6 years from now. Its quite astonishing that Pakistan with its tiny budget can achieve this much , I mean for crying out loud our capital budget is almost 18 billion dollars this year.
No you were making excuses in our own la la land. I already told you mad isn't that good at high altitudes and how p8 detect submarines . I only attach the link for you to know that . P8 have 2 primary method for detection of submerged submarines , one is sonobuoy and the other radar in its underbelly which detects the disturbance in water in the wake of moving submarine but the deeper the submarine the harder to detect. As I said we don't have that radar and sonobuoy are our best bet against submerged submarines.
Let them buy weapons, the more they buy the more better, I don’t know why do we get panicked by their military size expansion? Their economy is < 1/10th of India’s. While their military has spent freakingly huge numbers for buying weapons, wait for Pakistan to implode, I’m not even joking.

Their military is soooo big compared to their peanut economy that they can‘t sustain a fight for more than a few days.

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Let them buy weapons, the more they buy the more better, I don’t know why do we get panicked by their military size expansion? Their economy is < 1/10th of India’s. While their military has spent freakingly huge numbers for buying weapons, wait for Pakistan to implode, I’m not even joking.

Their military is soooo big compared to their peanut economy that they can‘t sustain a fight for more than a few days.
That is sooo true!!!

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

And who told that the current pak subs are better than indian kalvari.
I MEAN WHICH MATERIAL ARE U SMOKING.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Milden is their aspiration. They are still going in for type 214 diesels from Germany. They are good in some areas like drones but I doubt they have any serious submarine building capabilities. They are just about learning the ropes like we are.
Access to western technology comes with strict end user licensing. They won’t be able to deploy that for third countries. In any case, Scorpenes we are building with active French naval presence are a generation ahead of Agostas and their new 8 huang class submarines from China by 2028 (if it happens) are liable to be sighted by our ASW assets. Plus we may also have some SSNs by then. They are just wasting money. Let them do so.
The Milden project is half-way into development and porkies will definitely pick a few ones its ready, yes they are also learning the ropes but that requires a base which they have developed in the form of building naval and civilian ships.

We are buying support ships from them remember?? they have used their contacts effectively and thanks to german largesse mainly due to retard merkel they have had good access to basic technology and have developed quite a robust MIC.

Which is not a good sign for us at all and this is going to be a problem for us in the longer run , they will definitely support the porkies and supply them with weapons so its important we develop our MIC at rapid pace as well.

Anyways the upgrade of agosta 90s will be done like i said its not a major update mostly electronics but will definitely give it a new lease of life , but its still a old design nothing our anti submarine assets can't handle but a worthwhile addition nonetheless.

there is a saying in RAW circles , AS SPIES YOU DEAL IN DECEPTION , BUT YOU NEVER DEAL IN SELF DECEPTION.

let's not underestimate our foe like they do , lets identify them correctly so we can counter it effectively down the line when we need to.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And who told that the current pak subs are better than indian kalvari.
I MEAN WHICH MATERIAL ARE U SMOKING.
Chinese subs with AIP and all seems cool, their propulsion is not as fuelefficient as Kalvari class. I am happy that they are buying sooo much. Their military size is literally more than half of India’s in almost everything, while their economy is less than 1/10th of India and if this is not enough, their debt and other finances are pretty fucked up, let them buy as much as they can. This will help us in 2 ways, they buy too much selling Hindoo Yahoodi kha jayenge chooran, their money which sould be spent on Human Resourse and Nation Building Development is being spent on weapons which will harm their future prospects of economic development, plus if a war happens then they will have to maintain more weapons, buy more ammunition for those weapons, and spend a lot more on spare parts and spend much much more on anything you need to sustain a war. Pakistan can’t.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Chinese subs with AIP and all seems cool, their propulsion is not as fuelefficient as Kalvari class. I am happy that they are buying sooo much. Their military size is literally more than half of India’s in almost everything, while their economy is less than 1/10th of India and if this is not enough, their debt and other finances are pretty fucked up, let them buy as much as they can. This will help us in 2 ways, they buy too much selling Hindoo Yahoodi kha jayenge chooran, their money which sould be spent on Human Resourse and Nation Building Development is being spent on weapons which will harm their future prospects of economic development, plus if a war happens then they will have to maintain more weapons, buy more ammunition for those weapons, and spend a lot more on spare parts and spend much much more on anything you need to sustain a war. Pakistan can’t.
just a small correction they are not buying anything from china , everything is being financed by china upfront , they may have to pay it down the line that's the only reason they can buy and keep their large military even the JF-17 is being largely financed by the chinese , but knowing the chinese they would ask for a strategic port or piece of land when the porkies wont be bale to pay for it.

Abhay Rajput 02

Pakistan only exist because of support from Arab and western countries. And now China . Pakistan is a whore for the highest bidder. There military has companies thats how they afford military modernization. They are going for a ride with the Chinese now and will soon become a colony of China. That's the problem . Leasing of port to Chinese will create huge problems for Indian navy. Other than that Pakistan at best do some cheap stunts nothing more than that.

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan only exist because of support from Arab and western countries. And now China . Pakistan is a whore for the highest bidder. There military has companies thats how they afford military modernization. They are going for a ride with the Chinese now and will soon become a colony of China. That's the problem . Leasing of port to Chinese will create huge problems for Indian navy. Other than that Pakistan at best do some cheap stunts nothing more than that.
So true. I think more than pak we should focus on camkadar(china) 🦇

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles