Pakistan's naval buildup is quite concerning.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Don't underestimate Pakistanis. They have better submarines than us even better than our recently commissioned scorpene class with better torpedoes. I know for a fact our ins Kalvari carry old torpedoes with small range, our submarines don't even have AIP. Our p8 is good but at the same time quite downgraded from us p8. There submarines can easily get to our shores without surfacing even once and p8 will be of no help other than sonobuoys and hope to get lucky. Mh60r will be big help. 4 frigate from China with good anti ship missiles. 4 corvettes from turkey which will carry good European weapons . 8 new submarines with aip better than our submarines. In conclusion there frigates will be as good as our own frigate barring p17a class. And there 4 new corvettes and submarines better than ours. They are also getting mpa aircraft.. remember that in 2018 Pakistan has tested babur missile with 500km range from a ship. They have tested the same missile with submarines too. They also have Harpoon missile which we recently bought from USA at the cost of 85 million dollars and I bet we will not get more than 8-10 missile with 1-3 training missiles. Whenever we are close in achieving complete military superiority , Pakistan pushback with better systems than us. What you are witnessing in there naval buildup is the same thing which happen with Pakistani f16 and aim120 missiles and that was in 2008. Only after rafale and 12 years later we achieve complete superiority which will stay until they acquire typhoon or Chinese j20 5-6 years from now. Its quite astonishing that Pakistan with its tiny budget can achieve this much , I mean for crying out loud our capital budget is almost 18 billion dollars this year.
There submarines are not better than ours , its not a Apples to Oranges Comparison , it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to complex systems like submarines.

AIP is not the end all or be all , in-fact its quite a old system now , new gen subs are going to rely on Lithium Ion batteries rather than AIP , with the battery tech getting better everyday in-fact IN has started the process of acquiring Lithium Ion battery to retro fit on our older subs , they are truly silent.

Also you have to look at the weapons load-out and Sonar suite of the submarine as well , that's why they are upgrading their older subs through turkey as the combat capabilities are quite old, their Agosta 90 cannot fire any SLCM except Excocet no matter how much they lie , they may have nuclear SLCM capabilities when they get the chinese subs of which none have been delivered yet even though contract has ben signed in 2016 , its been more than 5 years now.

Also IN operates P8I Neptunes they have MAD or Magnetic Anomaly Detectors it was a ISE along with various Dorniers and IL38 that have the capability to detect the magnetic signatures of submarine hulls , they don't just rely on sonobuoys that's on top of the various underground passive SOSUS like sensors that are already deployed in short we have a strong Anti Submarine game and are slowly building our sub capability.

Personally I am fine with that , we don't need big destroyers in Large number , i would prefer a large Submarine force full of SSN,SSBN and SSK rather than ACs and Destroyers leave that to uncle sam ,we should model our Navy as Anti Navy like Soviet style navy.

Hope that explains you sound really misinformed are you sure you are Abhay Rajput not Abrar Rajput from LaWhore?

Last edited:

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't underestimate Pakistanis. They have better submarines than us even better than our recently commissioned scorpene class with better torpedoes. I know for a fact our ins Kalvari carry old torpedoes with small range, our submarines don't even have AIP. Our p8 is good but at the same time quite downgraded from us p8. There submarines can easily get to our shores without surfacing even once and p8 will be of no help other than sonobuoys and hope to get lucky. Mh60r will be big help. 4 frigate from China with good anti ship missiles. 4 corvettes from turkey which will carry good European weapons . 8 new submarines with aip better than our submarines. In conclusion there frigates will be as good as our own frigate barring p17a class. And there 4 new corvettes and submarines better than ours. They are also getting mpa aircraft.. remember that in 2018 Pakistan has tested babur missile with 500km range from a ship. They have tested the same missile with submarines too. They also have Harpoon missile which we recently bought from USA at the cost of 85 million dollars and I bet we will not get more than 8-10 missile with 1-3 training missiles. Whenever we are close in achieving complete military superiority , Pakistan pushback with better systems than us. What you are witnessing in there naval buildup is the same thing which happen with Pakistani f16 and aim120 missiles and that was in 2008. Only after rafale and 12 years later we achieve complete superiority which will stay until they acquire typhoon or Chinese j20 5-6 years from now. Its quite astonishing that Pakistan with its tiny budget can achieve this much , I mean for crying out loud our capital budget is almost 18 billion dollars this year.
Do you imply that Pakistan Navy Agosta class submarines are better than our Scorpenes.? Care to elaborate..?

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
500 - 700 km .. Not really sure.. Anyway.. I don't think they are any good.. as Pakistan does not have the assets to complete the kill chain for long range targeting.. and parts of the kill chain themselves will be very vulnerable to destruction by Indian military..
See man the earth is round. So due the curvature of earth the radar cannot detect ship at long ranges. So you cannot fire a active radar homing missile at ship at 700km.

images (7).jpeg

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Our p8 is good but at the same time quite downgraded from us p8. There submarines can easily get to our shores without surfacing even once and p8 will be of no help other than sonobuoys and hope to get lucky. Mh60r will be big help.
Buoys?
P-8(India) had a AN/ASQ-508A advanced integrated magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) onboard
No ASW aircrafts except the Americans themselves are superior to P-8I in Indian Ocean region let alone pakis

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Yes but there submarine capability is better than ours . There submarines comes with aip and better torpedoes. They are also upgrading antiship missiles which will match our Brahmos er range of 450km.
Whatcha smokin' pal?

Tactical Doge

Country flag

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Just a quick Update on this ASW "purchase" supposedly the source has denied that porkistan did not purchase except 3 choppers were donated to the beggars which seems more likely , as their aviation corps is full of peace-meal donated stuff , they have hardly bought any chopper in numbers nothing but peace-meal donated stuff or token purchases lol:rofl:
Screenshot_2021-08-04-09-17-24-424_com.android.chrome.jpg

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Just a quick Update on this ASW "purchase" supposedly the source has denied that porkistan did not purchase except 3 choppers were donated to the beggars which seems more likely , as their aviation corps is full of peace-meal donated stuff , they have hardly bought any chopper in numbers nothing but peace-meal donated stuff or token purchases lol:rofl:
View attachment 103338
Porkies will take anything for free.

Abhay Rajput 02

Buoys?
P-8(India) had a AN/ASQ-508A advanced integrated magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) onboard
No ASW aircrafts except the Americans themselves are superior to P-8I in Indian Ocean region let alone pakis
Yes the same American p8 doesn't carry mad. As long as submarine is submerged p8 will have a hard time detecting it. And Pakistan submarines can easily travel to Indian shores without surfacing even once

Tactical Doge

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles