Pakistan's naval buildup is quite concerning.

Poseidon

Country flag
I know that I will get some flak for saying this but this buildup of sorts of Pakistan Navy is quite concerning.

This is what Pak Navy chief said today->>

> 4 x Type-054AP frigates under construction (delivery 2021-23)
> 4 x MILGEM ships under construction (del 2023-25)
> 1 x Jinnah-class Frigate construction (del 2026-27)
> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.
> Deal for 6 heavier tonnage corvettes to be concluded soon.
> 8 x Hangor-class subs under construction (del 2022-28)
> 1 x Yuan-class sub being acquired from China for training purposes.
> 1 more Modernised ATR-72 ASW aircraft to join soon (total 3 such planes)
> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded.
> P-282+ ballistic missiles for ship and land-attack from ship launch pads under development
> MALE UAV contract concluded.

I am thus 200% sure that this buildup is being funded/bankrolled by China to keep India's focus on Pakistan as Pakistan with a defence capital budget of less than $2.5 billion cannot afford such naval buildup.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
I know that I will get some flak for saying this but this buildup of sorts of Pakistan Navy is quite concerning.

> PNS Tabook and PNS Haybat corvettes to join soon.
> 10 jet-powered MP aircraft for ASW role to be acquired as a replacement of P-3C Orions. Deal for 1 is concluded.
> P-282+ ballistic missiles for ship and land-attack from ship launch pads under development

I am thus 200% sure that this buildup is being funded/bankrolled by China to keep India's focus on Pakistan as Pakistan with a defence capital budget of less than $2.5 billion cannot afford such naval buildup.
What is the total capital expenditure for this projects, that is quite a serious upgrade to their naval fleet in next 5 years.

Poseidon

Country flag
In has over 120 warships either undergoing trials, or under-construction, or planned, and will be commissioning around 6-12 warships each year for the next decade.
It is the submarine part which mainly concerns me.
If P-75I is delayed then in 2028 they will have 8 new SSKs with cruise missiles along with 3 old upgraded A-90B (plus one possible 2nd hand Yuan) whereas we will have six new Scorpenes and around 10 upgraded older subs along with 1 leased SSN.
I don't think indigenous SSNs will be commissioned by then.

Illusive

Country flag
India has over 120 new warships either undergoing trials, or under-construction, or planned, and will be commissioning around 6-12 warships each year for the next decade.
They would have the capability to counter the blockade with that many ships. Naval buildup is quite expensive and we can't just counter that by building more ships. The amount of submarines is more than a headache for IN. The fact is they shouldn't be able to have this kind of technological leap, not with their economy.

Such rapid inductions clearly puts us in backfoot if we are to blockade them.

Deadtrap

Country flag

> Two Damen made corvettes to join soon.

Can you please share the link to the Pak CNS interview

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The counter to this is obviously having Vietnam, Taiwan and Philippines, Indonesia buildup in SCS, something to look at for quad.
Other than China Turkey and Malaysia are also helping PAK Navy.
As always Pak Navy despite its low budget manages to be Kawab me haddi.
Kudos to them, they have learned the art of doing much with little.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Again this is not just limited to Navy but Air Force as well.
First FC 31 will land in Pakistan before 2030 I can Guarantee you this.
Meanwhile they are upgrading JF 17 block 1 and 2, AESA, Laser Pod and Long Range BVRAAM everything u can think of will come sooner or later.

They are building new air fields with Hardened bunkers despite having no lack of it. What do u think this means?

Illusive

Country flag
Other than China Turkey and Malaysia are also helping PAK Navy.
As always Pak Navy despite its low budget manages to be Kawab me haddi.
Kudos to them, they have learned the art of doing much with little.
They just have to be able to counter or be able have minimum basic deterrence either in numbers or have technological parity. Just enough to have second thoughts in our military HQ.

Baaki sab falling over backwards and spreading their legs for Arabs, Chinese or now Turks is to have them as insurance have some sort of backing incase of invasion.

Economy is might they also realized it, thats why CPEC. In their own dreams they think they can kick China out in future when the need comes but for now, spread the legs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles