Pakistan's Latest Offensive in South Waziristan (Rah-i-Nijat) - News & Discussion

tigerhill

Country flag
This is slightly off topic but I thought I'd still ask
Can anyone provide me with the pakistani army casualties in rah i nijat?

Also is there any word on the number of policemen and paramilitary troops killed???

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I think the PA is not allowing any media into the areas and there is no independent count of PA casualties.

Sandrocottas

Tigerhill,

No there have been no casualities on pakistani side.
In fact even those who have died in the past have risen from the grave to fight the taliban for protecting pakistan

Rage

DFI TEAM
Orakzai, South Waziristan clashes kill 13 militants

Saturday, 05 Dec, 2009

At least seven militants were killed in Orakzai and six militants were killed in
South Waziristan, sources said. — File photo

PESHAWAR: Thirteen suspected militants were killed in latest clashes in South Waziristan and Orakzai agencies.

At least seven suspected militants were killed and 11 others were injured as security forces pounded militant hideouts in Orakzai’s Hiljok, Arkhanjo and Mamozai areas, official sources said.

Meanwhile, six suspected militants were killed in clashes with security forces in the Makeen and Ladha areas of South Waziristan. — DawnNews

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Orakzai, South Waziristan clashes kill 13 militants

x-x-x-x

21 militants killed

Thursday, 03 Dec, 2009

MINGORA/KHAR/KOHAT, Dec 2: At least 21 militants were killed as troops continued operations in Malakand, Hangu and Bajaur on Wednesday.

Five militants were killed in a clash with security forces near a marble factory in Palai area of Malakand protected area. The clash followed an attack by militants during a search operation.

In Shangotai area of Matta tehsil, the bodies of one Shah Ji and his son Yaqub were found.

They were reported to have had links with Taliban and were wanted in several militancy-related cases.

According to the ISPR, six militants were arrested in Peer Pati and Qambar.

Security forces also captured 20 suspects in Mingora. Eight militants surrendered in Bar Sor, Charbagh and Garga areas of Matta.

In Hangu, 10 militants were killed in a clash and 128 wanted criminals were arrested during a joint operation by police and the Frontier Constabulary.

The operation was carried out in areas adjacent to Hangu and Orakzai Agency -- Thall, Doaba, Shahu Khel, Kahi, Naryab and Kotki.

District police chief Abdur Rasheed said three bombs with remote control devices, a rocket launcher, two grenades, 19 Kalashnikovs, 18 rifles, 17 shotguns, 24 pistols, 10kgs of hashish and thousands of cartridges had been seized.

He said police had also seized 1,950 bags of sugar and 868 of flour which were being smuggled to Afghanistan.

Planes bombed a number of areas in Warh Mamond and Nawagai tehsils of Bajaur Agency, killing four militants and injuring three others.

DAWN.COM | Front Page | 21 militants killed

x-x-x-x

4 militants killed in Orakzai Agency

Wednesday, 02 Dec, 2009

KOHAT, Dec 1: At least four militants were killed and seven others injured when security forces attacked the headquarters of the proscribed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan in Dabori area of upper Orakzai Agency on Tuesday night.

Several hideouts of the TTP were destroyed in Dabori bazaar and its outskirts when artillery shells fired from the nearby Shahu Khel area in Hangu district slammed into them. According to sources, troops have surrounded the area.

They said troops had taken control of important positions in the lower Orakzai Agency area of Feroze Khel and were now moving deeper into the tribal territory.

Security forces have involved local people in their campaign against militants and dozens of committees have been formed in the villages along the border.

DAWN.COM | National | 4 militants killed in Orakzai Agency

Global Defence

New threads

Articles