Pakistan's Army General Given Life Sentence On Spying Charges

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Following a closed-door military trial, army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa endorsed the sentences on the three for "espionage (and) leaking sensitive information to foreign agencies in detriment to national security," the statement said.
World | Reuters | Updated: May 30, 2019 22:58 IST

Pakistan's army has its own laws and courts. (Representational)

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan's army has sentenced a general to life imprisonment for spying and ordered the death penalty for a brigadier and a civilian officer convicted in the same case, a military statement said on Thursday.

Following a closed-door military trial, army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa endorsed the sentences on the three for "espionage (and) leaking sensitive information to foreign agencies in detriment to national security," the statement said.

Retired Lieutenant General Javed Iqbal was jailed for a life term, meaning he will serve 14 years in prison under Pakistani law. Retired Brigadier Raja Rizwan was sentenced to death alongside Wasim Akram, a civilian doctor employed by an army organisation.

The army did not give further details about the information that was allegedly leaked by the three men or say to whom it was disclosed. It was not clear if the two military officers had already retired from service before the case against them began.

COMMENT
Pakistan's army has its own laws and courts, and military officers accused of wrongdoing are always tried behind closed doors. Rulings can only be challenged or reviews in accordance with military procedures.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think this is a sign of chaos. Paki army executing CIA assets is pretty extreme.

Is Paki army afraid of CIA passing info to India???

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
i like this timing....
Baba mentions attack at tarbela.....then this spying charges...then Islamabad police misbehaving with indian high commission at iftar party.....very nice....did they leak info to india?

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
i like this timing....
Baba mentions attack at tarbela.....then this spying charges...then Islamabad police misbehaving with indian high commission at iftar party.....very nice....did they leak info to india?
Baba is a BSer and all his info is fake. These morons can get MBDA to integrate the meteors on our Mirages and then whack the porkis but idiots want them to be fitted on the mkis which do not have a european radar and thus refused by the vendors.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Baba is a BSer and all his info is fake. These morons can get MBDA to integrate the meteors on our Mirages and then whack the porkis but idiots want them to be fitted on the mkis which do not have a european radar and thus refused by the vendors.
i don't spam or post anything about any theory on this forum before confirming its authentication....i am talking about me* here.....

garg_bharat

Country flag
Did Baba talk about meteor? No.
Baba is psy-op. And first rule of psy-op is to mix truth with lies. The purpose of psy-op is to force the enemy to react, and thus gain useful information.

Russia would love to try out its air-air missiles in India-Pakistan battlefield. This is the most realistic battlefield for such a test.

So rest assured that Russian missiles can do their magic before any meteors are fired from Su-30.

Let's talk about Tarbela. Maybe nothing happened there. But this "news" was preceded by news of a 60km range guided bomb and deployment of Akash batteries on the border. So you can do a 2+2=5 thing.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles