Pakistani Taliban training Frenchmen

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
French Shooting Suspect Says He'll Surrender

TOULOUSE, France—A 24-year old Frenchman claiming links with al Qaeda and suspected of carrying out a string of attacks, including gunning down four people at a Jewish school on Monday, has told police he will surrender this afternoon, French Interior Minister Claude Guéant said Wednesday, saying the authorities are determined to arrest the suspect alive.

A police official said the suspected gunman's name is Mohammed Merah, who is of Algerian descent.

Read Further:

French Shooting Suspect Says He'll Surrender - WSJ.com

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
People were thinking it was a Neo-Nazi. This is going to be really bad for the Islamic community here.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Once again the Islamic society will be buffeted in the backlash of indignation.

Blackwater

Did he get training in pakistan . Iam sure he did
yes yes yes i was right he indeed went to pakistan.i was right. My god what a sixth sense i got .:thumb::thumb:

Gunman admits was on 'mission' in France attacks: minister

The besieged gunman suspected in a series of shootings in France has said that he received orders from Al-Qaeda for the attack but refused a suicide mission, the interior minister said Wednesday.

"He explained how he received instructions from Al-Qaeda during his stay in Pakistan, how he had even been suggested to carry out a suicide mission but refused, but accepted to carry out a general mission to commit an attack in France," Claude Gueant told TF1 television.:hippo::hippo::hippo::hippo::devious::devious:

Dunya News: World:-Gunman admits was on 'mission' in France attacks: min...

pmaitra

Toulouse gunman killed by sniper

Key points
  • The gunman alleged to have killed seven people in the French city of Toulouse has been killed by snipers after a 32-hour siege.
  • Authorities say Mohammed Merah killed a teacher and three children at a Jewish school and three soldiers - and filmed the murders.
  • The man has claimed affiliation to al-Qaeda and said he acted to "avenge Palestinian children". He also fought with the Taliban in Afghanistan, authorities say.

See video at the link.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
My hats off to the RAID sniper, one shot one kill.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How do these bloody news channels like fox survive?
How does NBC survive?

The American Spectator : Ed Schultz and MSNBC's Sewer of Hate

The President of NBC was in trouble.

Rumors had surfaced of drinking binges at the Beverly Hills Hotel. When his boss showed up at NBC's Burbank studios, the NBC president looked disheveled, unsteady, the pits.

The straw that broke the camel's back was Mexico.

At an NBC affiliate gathering, the network president's condition, evident throughout, became the talk of the meeting. Things got worse when the man returned to NBC's New York headquarters in Rockefeller Center. The drinking continued -- and suddenly, the string had run out.

Summoned to his boss's office in a moment of sobriety, the meeting was both brief and brusque.

The President of NBC -- a popular and well-respected man in the television industry -- was fired. Out. Done.

pmaitra

I agree with Mr. Ewald.

I am by no means a fan of Fox News, but this image hardly proves that this thing was actually shown by Fox. Especially because there are too many errors and it raises suspicions that it has been photoshopped to disgrace Fox.

Just my humble opinion.

Blackwater

biggest worry is he also went to pakistan for instructions and training.

Mullah ki daud masjid tak or terrorist ki pakistan tak

parijataka

Country flag
Well, if not anything else Pakistan sure leads the rest of the world in terror exports!

Pakistani Taliban now training Frenchmen?

Pakistan: Dozens of French Muslims are training with the Taliban in northwestern Pakistan, raising fears of future attacks following the shooting deaths of seven people in southern France allegedly by a man who spent time in the region, Pakistani intelligence officials said today.

Authorities are investigating whether Mohamed Merah, the Frenchman of Algerian descent who is suspected of killing three Jewish schoolchildren, a rabbi and three French
paratroopers in Toulouse this month, was among the training group, the officials said.

Reuters

Merah was killed in a dramatic gunfight with police on Thursday after a 32-hour standoff at his Toulouse apartment.

The 23-year-old former auto body worker travelled twice to Afghanistan in 2010 and to Pakistan in 2011, and said he trained with al-Qaeda in the Pakistani militant stronghold of
Waziristan.

Approximately 85 Frenchmen have been training with the Pakistani Taliban in the North Waziristan tribal area for the past three years, according to the intelligence officials, who
spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media. Most of the men have dual nationality with France and North African countries.

The Frenchmen operate under the name Jihad-e-Islami and are being trained to use explosives and other weapons at camps near the town of Miran Shah and in the Datta Khel area, the officials said. They are led by a French commander who goes by the name Abu Tarek. Five of the men returned to France in January 2011 to find new recruits, according to the officials. It's unclear whether Merah was among that group.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles