Pakistani Public Opinion

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Here is Public opinion as measured by Pew Global Attitudes Project

http://pewglobal.org/reports/pdf/265.pdf

Go through the PDF and post the survey details that you want to discuss about.

Let me start..

The Threat of India as felt by Pakistanis is much more than the threat they feel from Taliban. Very surprising to me. No wonder they are being brainwashed thoroughly.

Though people want good relations with India. I wonder how they want start about this. By stopping sponsoring of terrorism??

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
No wonder they are being brainwashed thoroughly.
LOL okay but we r defeating talibans and u occupaid our east part and made it bdesh :) now tell me who is a bigger threat

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Musalmanji, The Bangladeshis were Oppressed by your own Military and they revolted! we never occupied the terrirtory! We must have given them arms to support their quest for freedom! We didnt unleash suicide bombers on W Pakistan!!! We won the war fair and square.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I agree regarding Bangladeshi being oppressed. But ur helping them was more like " Hoob-Hussain mai nahi bogaz i Muawiyah"

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The medieval mentality of punishing people is disgusting. But it is good to see that they support girl education.

Support for Severe Laws
One of the ironies in the survey is the extent to which Pakistanis embrace some of the severe laws associated with the Taliban and al Qaeda, even as they reject Islamic extremism and these extremist groups. The new poll finds broad support for harsh punishments: 78% favor death for those who leave Islam; 80% favor whippings and cutting off hands for crimes like theft and robbery; and 83% favor stoning adulterers.

Pakistani public opinion departs significantly from the Taliban on the issues of girls’ education. As many as 87% of Pakistanis believe it is equally important for boys and girls to be educated. The poll also finds that support for suicide bombing that targets civilians in defense of Islam remains very low. Only 5% of Pakistani Muslims believe these kinds of attacks can often or sometimes be justified; as recently as 2004 roughly four-in-ten (41%) held this view. Fully 87% now say such attacks can never be justified – the highest percentage among the Muslim publics included in the 2009 survey.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
87% said its equal for both yaar.
regarding punishmnt they r in quran. Frankly without proper judical system any punishment is bad

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I agree regarding Bangladeshi being oppressed. But ur helping them was more like " Hoob-Hussain mai nahi bogaz i Muawiyah"
True, India fished in Troubled waters Sirji, But you must remember that at that time It was a requirement for India due to a lot of Issues. But we never supported the kind of activities Pakistan supported in P.O.K training the so called freedom fighters and sending them to India.

Equally, Kargil can be called as a Betrayal, right when bus service, and peace talks were On! Wasnt it? But I say, we should move on, and stop the blaming and killing. But its easier said than done!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
LOL okay but we r defeating talibans and u occupaid our east part and made it bdesh :) now tell me who is a bigger threat
Defeating taliban is most important for you otherwise it will be a existential threat to Pakistan. Even you current president Zardari and former president Musharraf recently said the same thing - 'India is not a threat to Pakistan but Taliban is". But the people think otherwise. :dazed:

I know how good your Urdu press is at brainwashing people.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Lets not bring in the Brainwashing part guys, It will go into a sling fest with both of us accussing each others media!

Our Indian media is no better than pakistani media, but the thing is that Indian media has matured more than the Pak media and has got some great media outlets. Maybe its because they started off late. So Please, no accusations :)

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Defeating taliban is most important for you otherwise it will be a existential threat to Pakistan. Even you current president Zardari and former president Musharraf recently said the same thing - 'India is not a threat to Pakistan but Taliban is". But the people think otherwise. :dazed:

I know how good your Urdu press is at brainwashing people.
Taliban do not threat our existance they threat our way of life.

I know i know you Indians know more about our life and press then we living here :) Ab khush

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
87% said its equal for both yaar.
regarding punishmnt they r in quran. Frankly without proper judical system any punishment is bad
You didn't see properly, what I wrote.

The medieval mentality of punishing people is disgusting. But it is good to see that they support girl education.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
How they feel about their National and Economic Conditions. It is worst so far. I wonder, what triggered it?. War on Terror or Global recession or a combination of both.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
How they feel about their National and Economic Conditions. It is worst so far. I wonder, what triggered it?. War on Terror or Global recession or a combination of both.

Its coz of the circular debt between the energy companies due to raise in oil prices last year

Pintu

I think you are right dd, global recession may be the primary reason , I have read that remittance inflow were affected for recession.

Regards

sky

i can not understand why so many people in pakistan 78p/c would wont the death penalty for those who left islam.i am a hindu and very open minded with my views,if some one fails to practice their religion or converts to an other religion thats there right as free people .muslims are very keen for people to convert to islam but would like to kill those who left.how very backward of them,i must admit as i get older i wonder if there is a god or not........

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I think you are right dd, global recession may be the primary reason , I have read that remittance inflow were affected for recession.

Regards
Actually, remittances have increased more than before owing to bad conditions in Pakistan and the need to support families in dire conditions.

Global recession has halted their exports and also security conditions made the FDI inflows close to nil.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
i can not understand why so many people in pakistan 78p/c would wont the death penalty for those who left islam.i am a hindu and very open minded with my views,if some one fails to practice their religion or converts to an other religion thats there right as free people .muslims are very keen for people to convert to islam but would like to kill those who left.how very backward of them,i must admit as i get older i wonder if there is a god or not........
:) 22% also do not understand. I am also not convinced on this issue. The reason for that is that in Pakistan ppl love Islam but have no knowledge of it what so ever.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Actually, remittances have increased more than before owing to bad conditions in Pakistan and the need to support families in dire conditions.

Global recession has halted their exports and also security conditions made the FDI inflows close to nil.
No seriously artificial energy crisis is the culprit

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles