Pakistani military aviation news.

A.V.

News and views about PAF, its tactics and procurements.

NOTE:-REFRAIN FROM FLAMING,TROLLING,NAME-CALLING AND PERSONAL INSULTS THREAD IS STRICTLY MODERATED

A.V.

Google Earth Exposes Secret U.S. Drones at Pakistan Base

The U.S. was secretly flying unmanned drones from the Shamsi airbase in Pakistan's southwestern province of Baluchistan as early as 2006, according to an image of the base from Google Earth, the Times of London reported Thursday.

The image -- that is no longer on the site but which was obtained by The News, Pakistan's English language daily newspaper -- shows what appear to be three Predator drones outside a hangar at the end of the runway.

The Times also obtained a copy of the image, whose coordinates confirm that it is the Shamsi airfield, also known as Bandari, about 200 miles southwest of the Pakistani city of Quetta

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I saw some Pakistani members in a Pak forum say they are Reapers and Not Predators. But whatever, I feel the Pak Govt is hand in gloves with the US govt for these attacks, because where the Pak Army cant attack, the Drones can. I heard Zardari asking US to give them predators who they can do it! Now will the US? No is my guess!

ZOOM

Founding Member
I think host of this particuler forum has done some injustic by dedicating entire archive to Pakistan based Military news. We won't have much to discuss rather then having flame war. My Justification behind this sentence, the country which has hailed under testing aircraft JF-17 Thunder as inducted into the service without realizing bit about wheather is it really ready to fulfill even basic operational requirement, let alone thinking about fighting with enemy. At the same time, we will going to waste this invaluable space for unproductive discussing as our discussion won't gona yield any productie results

Country flag
pakistani government has ok'd the drone attacks, they are just pretending to not know to prevent the inevitable taliban retaliation.

A.V.

i think host of this particuler forum has done some injustic by dedicating entire archive to pakistan based military news. We won't have much to discuss rather then having flame war. My justification behind this sentence, the country which has hailed under testing aircraft jf-17 thunder as inducted into the service without realizing bit about wheather is it really ready to fulfill even basic operational requirement, let alone thinking about fighting with enemy. At the same time, we will going to waste this invaluable space for unproductive discussing as our discussion won't gona yield any productie results

sir with due respect we are not the decision makers. We do not strive to achieve any result rather only engage in fruitful discussions with people possesing different ideas and thoughts than ours.
Thnx.

Rage

DFI TEAM
PAF plane crash near Islamabad kills two

Thursday, 05 Mar, 2009

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistan Air Force plane crashed during a training flight Thursday, killing the pilot and a cadet, the military said.

The aircraft came down in Tala Gang, a town northwest of the capital Islamabad after developing a technical fault, according to AFP.

‘The Mushak trainer aircraft was on a routine training mission when it crashed in Tala Gang town,’ killing the pilot and cadet, the air force said.

There was no loss of civilian life and no damage to property on the ground.

An inquiry has been ordered into the crash, the military said.

Pakistan's air force has a fleet of French-built Mirages, F-16s from the United States and a large number of Chinese-built fighters.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect.../paf-plane-crash-near-islamabad-kills-two-szh

Triton

Founding Member
'PAF was on red alert to counter any surgical strikes by IAF'

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan had put its air force on "red alert" and devised an "air strategy plan" to launch "offensive operations " to counter any
possible surgical strikes by India during the heightened Indo-Pak tensions in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, a top military officer said.

The new chief of Pakistan Air Force (PAF), Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman who assumed charge last week, said he had drawn up the "air strategy plan" when the threat of possible surgical strikes was "about to cross the threshold".

In the space of hours, the PAF was on red alert and capable of launching offensive operations, he said.

"When the surgical strikes' threat was about to cross the threshold, I devised an air strategy plan and unfolded it to the then (PAF chief Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed) and within four-five hours, the whole PAF was on red alert status and present everywhere to defend and launch offensive operations," a statement issued by PAF quoted Suleman as saying.

Addressing PAF personnel at an airbase at Sargodha in Punjab province, Suleman said the PAF "played a vital role in averting an imminent war" in the aftermath of the 26/11 attacks.

The new Air Force chief was on an inaugural visit to the airbase in Sargodha after assuming his post.

Suleman told pilots to maintain the highest level of standards for various aspects of air operations. He said the top-most priority of his vision for the force "will remain operational preparedness of the PAF".

"Today, the PAF is passing through a transit phase. We will be handling and operating old and new weapon systems of various capabilities (and) you are required to maintain these assets for their optimum performance," he said.

The programme for induction of new systems is on track and there will be focus on modern training techniques and flight safety, he said.

Meanwhile, Air Marshal Hifazat Ullah Khan has been appointed vice chief of the PAF. Commissioned as a pilot in October 1974, he has served in various squadrons. Khan has also served as air attache in Saudi Arabia.

VayuSena1

Professional
PAF plane crash near Islamabad kills two

Thursday, 05 Mar, 2009

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistan Air Force plane crashed during a training flight Thursday, killing the pilot and a cadet, the military said.

The aircraft came down in Tala Gang, a town northwest of the capital Islamabad after developing a technical fault, according to AFP.

‘The Mushak trainer aircraft was on a routine training mission when it crashed in Tala Gang town,’ killing the pilot and cadet, the air force said.

There was no loss of civilian life and no damage to property on the ground.

An inquiry has been ordered into the crash, the military said.

Pakistan's air force has a fleet of French-built Mirages, F-16s from the United States and a large number of Chinese-built fighters.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect.../paf-plane-crash-near-islamabad-kills-two-szh
I am astounded that they started releasing the news of their military failures and aircraft crashes to the outside world. Till date, I have seen them only berating about their military capabilities and threats to Indian government of a strike "like never seen before".

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles