Pakistani boy makes history by creating 7 Operating Systems

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Paki boy makes history by creating 7 Operating Systems

ABBOTTABAD: After the late Arfa Karim raised the nation's pride by becoming the world's youngest Microsoft Certified Professional, another Pakistani wonder child has made history after creating seven Microsoft and Google certified computer operating systems in a suburb of Abbottabad.

The 14-year-old student, Sikandar Mehmood Baloch, lives in Bilal Town in Abbottabad. Sikandar not only became a certified expert of 107 computer engineering languages at a young age but has also received certificates of his achievements from Microsoft and performed work for Google.

He has also received 25 certificates as acknowledgement of his unique work performed for Google, the biggest search engine in the world.

Sikandar is studying in the 9th grade in a local school and has made many Linux Systems (From VVS1 to VVS7)
and developed an indigenous anti-virus system as well. He created a world record at the age of nine after making his first operating system. He works with many websites and earns over $70 dollars daily.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
:shocked::shocked:

Even kids can make OS today.:hmm:

Congrats Paki boy if this is true.

Leave Jihad and create Codes. :yey:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What the ---- man!! :frusty:

Here is my post on this some weeks back:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...limb-47th-27th-place-2018-a-2.html#post548715

Abbottabad boy makes history by creating 7 operating systems - PakTribune

Abbottabad boy makes history by creating 7 operating systems

I tell you, it is so easy to pull the wool over the Paki awam's eyes!! :frusty: I'm telling you, if I had been born in Pakistan, I would have taken the entire country for a ride.

This fellow probably downloaded some Linux distro from the internet and made some silly changes in the startup JPEG image, like putting his own name etc., at the tender age of 9. And along comes the Paki newsman, lapping it up. :sad:
Some Jaahil Paki gawaars make up stories like this, inventing water cars, and all that bullshit, and people like you fall for it. I am ashamed of this thread, if it has been started in seriousness. Someone please lock this thread for the sake of sanity!

First of all the bloody journalist does not know what an operating system means. And then, each and every word of this article is a bloody lie to begin with. We have seen very often, that Pakis claim great things with a lot of brouhaha in the press, only to find later, that it was all a big hoax.

"Certified expert of 107 computer languages", "indigenous anti-virus system", my ----ing ass. It is about as pindingenous as their missiles, buying some ding-dong missile from North Korea and painting it green. Exactly the same thing here, and the proud parents bring over the local newswallah, who himself has no ----ing clue of computers, and prints everything he is told with loud cries of "mashallah", "jazakallah", "subhanallah". :frusty:

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Whats special .. tweaking with linux kernal and creating different flavours from source code,after learning a certification programs,seems tough ?

Hope This news has some credibility. Otherwise I don't digest Paki News so easily .. Water Car is the Best example!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Read again in second post... I said "If it's true" :dude:

It's not so difficult today to create your own OS by Linux. Kids are getting smarter today.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Arfa Karim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arfa Abdul Karim Randhawa (Urdu: ارفع کریم رندهاوا"Ž, 2 February 1995 – 14 January 2012) was a Pakistani student and computer prodigy, who in 2004 at the age of nine years became Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP),[2] the youngest in the world until 2008.[3][4][5] She was invited by Bill Gates to visit the Microsoft Headquarters in the USA.[6] A science park in Lahore was named after her, the Arfa Software Technology Park.

:shocked:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Whats special .. tweaking with linux kernal and creating different flavours from source code,after learning a certification programs,seems tough ?

Hope This news has some credibility. Otherwise I don't digest Paki News so easily .. Water Car is the Best example!
Read again in second post... I said "If it's true" :dude:

It's not so difficult today to create your own OS by Linux. Kids are getting smarter today.
Please, please, I beg of you. Don't fall for this shit. Some people on DFI were perilously close to believing that water car "djineer", thankfully he was exposed by other intelligent Pakis itself before that.

I want to ask the people who speak of "tweaking the linux kernel", how many of you have done it, or actually tried to do it? And what sort of "tweaking" have you done? Geek magazines and forums like slashdot speak of it like it is "very easy", and yes, it is - for an experienced programmer who puts in months of effort, to do some real tweaking and get close to a few minor differences to create something, which still cannot be called a new distro. Please, please take a look at the source code of any Linux OS, and understand the mind boggling complexity that has gone into create it.

And for the love of God, please don't make statements like "its not so difficult today to create your own OS". :frusty: It is humanly impossible for one person to "create an OS". Andrew Tanenbaum, the author of the world famous book on operating systems, a professor in Helsinki university, created a bare-bones OS based on Unix in 1991, called Minix. It had nothing - just a bare skeleton, and he required months to do it, with the help of his entire university class.

Grabbing hold of Linux CD, changing the JPEG image used by the bootloader, putting your own name in the boot startup optons, does not an OS make! :frusty:

He might have been the "youngest Microsoft professional", but that does not mean the rest of the shit in the article is true! :frusty: Clueless reporters!

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Grabbing hold of Linux CD, changing the JPEG image used by the bootloader, putting your own name in the boot startup optons, does not an OS make!
by tweaking I actually meant what you said above! :D

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
And for the love of God, please don't make statements like "its not so difficult today to create your own OS". :frusty: It is humanly impossible for one person to "create an OS". Andrew Tanenbaum, the author of the world famous book on operating systems, a professor in Helsinki university, created a bare-bones OS based on Unix in 1991, called Minix. It had nothing - just a bare skeleton, and he required months to do it, with the help of his entire university class.

Grabbing hold of Linux CD, changing the JPEG image used by the bootloader, putting your own name in the boot startup optons, does not an OS make! :frusty:

He might have been the "youngest Microsoft professional", but that does not mean the rest of the shit in the article is true! :frusty: Clueless reporters!
+1

I can create 'n' number of Ubuntu forks by simply changing the default wallpaper and then call it my own "OS"

Creation a kernel, and then an app ecosystem is a herculean task. Even BOSSLinux, created by C-DAC is a fork of Debian Linux

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
It is like when the fraud Djineer spoke of "running the car with water" - yes, you can run the car with water if you mix carbide with the water, releasing acetylene gas. Which will then undergo combustion. This does not mean the car runs on water as a fuel.

When any oaf in the world claims to have "created a new OS from scratch", the bugger will have to start with writing the device drivers in assembly, and work all the way to the top from there, all the way to providing a shell, either textual or graphical, for the user to interact with.

Microsoft created an OS, and refined it over the years. HP also created one (HP-UX), Sun also created on (Solaris), and Linus Torvalds started the open-source movement to create Linux, using Minix as a base. All these companies built the kernel on their own, in-house, started from the ground-up. Thousands of freelance programmers worldwide pitched in to create the Linux that we know today, and dozens of companies tweaked it to form their own distros, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, etc. Even with all this, they are not able to dent the home OC market.

This Jaahil Paki reporter and the proud but stupid parents of this kid are murdering computer science with their talk of "creating 7 operating systems", "indigenous anti virus system", "107 computer languages", and so on.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
+1

I can create 'n' number of Ubuntu forks by simply changing the default wallpaper and then call it my own "OS"

Creation a kernel, and then an app ecosystem is a herculean task. Even BOSSLinux, created by C-DAC is a fork of Debian Linux
And people who do that (changing the wallpaper and call it a new "OS") need to be charged with fraud, seriously. They are taking the gullible public for a ride.

Create the ----ing kernel, from the device drivers upwards, and create a ----ing shell with commands, create a goddamn API to write applications on, then we will call it a "new OS".

I can totally sympathize with Pervez Hoodbhoy, when he was talking to that water car fraud in the interview, and hearing that fraud's "gyan" on "free of energy", thermodynamics and quantum mechanics.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Linus Torvalds started the open-source movement to create Linux, using Minix as a base. Thousands of freelance programmers worldwide pitched in to create the Linux that we know today, and dozens of companies tweaked it to form their own distros, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, etc. Even with all this, they are not able to dent the home OC market.
IIRC Richard Stallman started the open source movement to create an Operating System (GNU). They came up with Apps etc but lacked a Kernel.

Then Linus Torvalds came along with his Linux Kernel.....the rest is history

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
IIRC Richard Stallman started the open source movement to create an Operating System (GNU). They came up with Apps etc but lacked a Kernel.

Then Linus Torvalds came along with his Linux Kernel.....the rest is history
Oh yeah, actually it was Stallman who started open source as a movement. The Che Guevara of computing. He was like a firebrand revolutionary. What a name he came up with - GNU (GNU not Unix) - recursion even in the name! :D

The rest is history, but Linux will never break into the user desktop - and "serious servers" still use the "big papa" Unix OS like Solaris or HP-UX. I don't foresee a very bright future for Linux, given that MS has radically improved their stuff, with Windows 7. It actually does most things right!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
wil Indians be just ITeS .. when will we produce IT products for Indian?? :why:
Patience, patience. It will happen, and it will happen in this decade. I guarantee you that.

Maybe not an OS or a language, but lot of application software. We already have lot of startups in the field of business intelligence, which build BI products. We have some financial software, the most famous being Finacle. Gradually, we will move on to more and more things.

This decade will see at least three big-ticket applications coming out of India - of course, this is just a prediction I am pulling out of my Musharraff, but looking at the startups coming up all around, it is highly likely.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
you guys are so much Worried about Pakistan

well this might be something else
even i can change the the Welcome etc pictures of the windows(xp only )

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
you guys are so much Worried about Pakistan

well this might be something else
even i can change the the Welcome etc pictures of the windows(xp only )
Its not "worrying about Pakistan" smartarse, it is banging our heads at the murder of science that your countrymen are undertaking on a monthly basis.

Last month, that water kit chap made a mockery of physics and the laws of thermodynamics in front of the whole world.

And now, I don't know exactly who - whether this boy, his parents, or the idiot journalist - are making a mockery of computer science.

Any fool can change "welcome etc. pictures", but it takes a thick-skinned buffoon to claim that as a "new OS".

People who were supporting that water car and people who are saying that "this boy may have created a new OS" are of the same category. They don't know basic physics and basic computer science respectively.

Please desist from making a mockery of computer science.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles