Pakistani actress Humaima Malik in Indian movie

Blackwater

Pakistani model and actress Humaima Malik first shot to fame in India when she admitted to dating Wasim Akram (who later denied those claims, followed by Humaima saying they were only 'friends'). Now, of course, after having walked the ramp here and made multiple visits, she's working in an Indian film.

She's been in Jaipur for a while now, shooting for her Bollywood debut, a film based on a Gujarat gangster's life that's being directed by Soham Shah. The movie also features actors like Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi and Paresh Rawal. Soham, who reached Jaipur with his entire crew about a fortnight ago, has a 50-day schedule in Rajasthan.

Says Humaima, "I've been waiting to act in a Bollywood movie and finally, it seems like my dream is coming true. Sanjay Dutt is a legend and a very senior artiste, it's a great opportunity for me to share screen space with him. I've seen Soham's work in the past; he is a young person who has made some good movies. Soham saw my Pakistani movie Bol and narrated this script to me. They wanted an actress with a strong personality who could do justice to the role. I always like to do movies that are meaningful and powerful. So far, the title of the movie is tentative, but they are looking at names like Sher or Munjaah. Himesh Reshammiya has composed some lovely music for the movie. Matlab bahut ala music hai!"

And what's the movie about? Humaima explains, "The movie is based on a real life story from Gujarat. My role is very similar to Shabana Azmi's in Godmother. I play a typical Gujarati village girl who wears colourful chania cholis. That's so unlike my role in Bol; mera aisa role tha jisme main ek maulvi ki daughter hoon who never even gets threading done. She can't even remove the dupatta from her head. So in this movie, I look totally different wearing cholis and ghaghras with tikkas on my forehead. I also had to learn how to speak Gujarati because I had to have that typical Gujarati accent in my dialogues. Thank God mujhe puri puri Gujarati nahi bolni hogi film mein, I just have to get the accent right."

Humaima would have been in Jaipur even earlier, but was delayed due to an injury.

"Unfortunately, a foot injury made me cancel my first trip. The day I arrived in Mumbai, I had to do a trial round for my outfits. Jab main apne outfits ka trial kar rahi thi, wahan par ek chai ki trolley thi aur woh gir gayi mere pairon par. The wound was so deep that I had to get stitches. Aur ab bahut garmi hain yahan... Shukra hai there are no burqas that I have to wear in the movie otherwise jaan nikal jaati! I have 45 changes and my outfits have been designed by Binal, who is also Soham's wife."

If her Bollywood career takes off, will she give up acting in Pakistani movies? She replies, "Why would I? I can never give up acting in Pakistani films. I will go wherever my talent takes me. I will set no boundaries. This year has been brilliant for me and I have been receiving many awards and much appreciation for my acting skills. I feel super and hope for more success in the future too."

How would she compare herself with other Pakistani actors who are working in Bollywood movies? "Yaar, artiste artiste hota hai, chahe Pakistani ho ya Indian. If I think about competition, then I can never work. I think everybody is good and bad in their own way. So I don't think there is any competition as such."

And what about that controversial 'friendship' with Wasim Akram? She says, "Wasim and I are still very good friends. I feel he has been the best coach ever in the game of cricket (coaching IPL's Team Kolkata). I was very keen to watch the IPL final and had also spoken to Wasim, but was stuck with my own work and couldn't make it... IPL bhi toh phir dobara aayega. Hamare players nahin hain iss saal toh koi tension nahin hai. I'd love to see Pakistani players playing in the next IPL season."

Pak actress’ Bolly dream come true - The Times of India

Blackwater

what to do? Indian actress has high rate ,These pakis comes in few thousand rupees, cheap stuff:director::eyebrows::heh::yo::noidea:

bhramos

Country flag
we need to ban Pak actors from bolywood.
they earn money and fame here..
and bark about India when they return back..

Shredder

Country flag
Effin hell look at all that makeup, such an ugly plasticity look :laugh:
Dream come true huh? Work in your own film industry woman, we don't need another Laila Khan.

Blackwater

RAW should keep an eye on these paki actors working in Mumbai.

You never know ISI who can take advantage of recent trend of paki actors working in bollywood:scared2::scared2::scared2:

sukhish

he is only here for acting, what's wrong. she will get paid for her acting. I have no problem with actor/actress working in the indian films. why do people see everything from the taliban prism. is the whole pakistan a taliban. if somebody is born in pakistan, who's fault is it. we should be firm on fundamentalism and
cultural exahcnges should be promoted. just because somebody belongs to pakistan does not make him ineligible of acting.

Blackwater

he is only here for acting, what's wrong. she will get paid for her acting. I have no problem with actor/actress working in the indian films. why do people see everything from the taliban prism. is the whole pakistan a taliban. if somebody is born in pakistan, who's fault is it. we should be firm on fundamentalism and
cultural exahcnges should be promoted. just because somebody belongs to pakistan does not make him ineligible of acting.
you decide he or she??? :laugh::laugh:culture exchange and map exchange are 2 different things:lol::lol:

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Dont we have actress in India, there are lot of young models & girls who are struggling to get work. Why this industry is not supporting them, bolly wood is full of paki & is run by paki mafia.

Aman kis asha is taking toll on India security.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
she is wasim akram's girlfriend or something ?

arkem8

Country flag
Dont we have actress in India, there are lot of young models & girls who are struggling to get work. Why this industry is not supporting them, bolly wood is full of paki & is run by paki mafia.

Aman kis asha is taking toll on India security.
She slept with the right guy/guys.... you don't get breaks in bollywood for free unless you are the beti of a powerful dynasty.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles