Pakistan will be 16th largest economy by 2050: PWC report

Status
Not open for further replies.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Pakistan is coming out of two decades of very slow growth, mismanagement under ultra corrupt govts, security malaise, war at our western borders and a severe energy crisis. Despite all these problems the economy never shrunk and even survived global recession. This is how robust and strong our economy is.

Yes we are plagued by monetary issues and have to borrow from international markets, yet the growth projections and ratings remain positive. Except for Indians, everyone is lauding the progress.
@Neo youve always been polite to me so i will be similarly to you
apparently you post the above before reading todays news fro a Pak newspaper
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1322240/pakistan-borrow-600m-china/

please read this latest and you will see pak will borrow 600 million for 3.1% interest payment and please work that out ....a five yeaer payment even on simple interest will be 100 million or abour 18 %

Honestly Pakistani people are right to say that india will never attack pakistan again but for other reasons ant not that pak has nukes ....the reason is because as member @bose has sad your iron friend will bury pak under 6 ft of loans ( ive slightly modified his orig statement ) ....

@Neo ...honestly , i dont blame you guys in packland .... if i were one of them i would too cling on to every last hope

you are gonna end up being owned by prchina - good Luck ....even your own Geo news and ARY news plus many others are themselves saying so , never mind what indians say

@Krusty@lcafanboy
@nick_indian@Deadshot Para Guy@Google@republic_roi97@Defcon 1 @GhanteshwarSER=21606]@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi[/USER]@vinay535@Darth Malgus USER=14856]@Rushil51[/USER]@rishivashista13
@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi@Imaxxx@Eastman @raheel besharam@Bullet@raja696@LordOfTheUnderworlds

@Amr
@AnkitPurohit@Akshay_Fenix@aditya10r@Akaskkumar@airtel@angeldude13@aditya10r@Abhijat@AncientIndian@anupamsurey@aliyah @@Alien@AravindSanjeev @Achauhan@asingh10@AdityaG@asianobserve@Bahamut @BATTLEFIELD@Berkut@bose@Bornubus@brational@blueblood@Blackwater
@Blood+@bhai-117@Bangalorean@bengalraider
@Bengal_Tiger@biswas_k11 @BharatEkKhoj @BroodFather @cobracommando@Chirag @ChrisJude@Chinmoy@Cadian@DingDong@dhananjay1@ersakthivel@FRYCRY
@G10@Gessler@garg_bharat@guru-dutt @HariSud
@hit&run@hardip@HeinzGud@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @IndianDevil@Indibomber@IndianHawk@Jangaruda
@JayPatel@jackprince@Kshatriya87@kstriya@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99@Mikesingh@mayfair@MetsaMan@Markantony@manutdfan@maomao @NavneetKundu@Neil@NickyG@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@parijataka@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit@PrashantAzazel@rahulsingh@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]@shade@sasum@smestarz @SakalGhareluUstad@Srinivas_K@ShashankSharma@SANITY
@sunnyv@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer@Superdefender@sydsnyper@Sridevi@SREEKAR@Screambowl@Sylex21@square@TacticalFrog@TejasMK3@Theenlightened
@TamilER]@tejaswarior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@TODELU@VIP@VaghaDeva@Vishwarupa@VishalGuts@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why do we allow such misiformation on the forum? pakis are bankcorrupt and no way they will be 16 largest economy.

Their cpec has 50 billion dollar debt on pakis. Even of we reduce the service charge what pakis would take, still they have 20 billion dollar debt on them.

Not a single money is a paki money in cpec, and major share of profit will go to chinese .

Such kind of fake information of good market is a 420 tactic.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

I am otm shank

It will be to great detriment to the global community and world security if Pakistan ever gains an appreciable economy. They already eat grass to build nukes and send terrorists to every forward country on earth. From 9/11 to mumbai to the insanity of their community in the uk ..imagine if they had the financial resources. the world would be in flames and they would hide behind their nuclear suicide bomber burqa

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
@Neo can I have your honest opinion on this:-
Ignore the title of the video, the stuff he says about India and the annoying anchor.

What really surprises me is when he talks about how Pak administration is unable to come up with basic data on stuff like amount of subsidies given in the past month, and how the IMF dictates the economic policies in Pakistan. The panelists seem like professionals, not the usual clowns. Another interesting point was made by the older panelist who says that the government is busy "firefighting" and does not have time and energy to chalk out effective policies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

February 8, 2017

Will grow to move up 8 places, China to remain on top among 32 largest economies. PHOTO: AFP

KARACHI: Pakistan will become the 20th largest economy among 32 peers by 2030 and will further grow to become the 16th largest by 2050, stated a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the world’s largest professional services firms.

The report titled, ‘The Long View: How will the global economic order change by 2050?’ said that emerging markets will dominate the world’s top 10 economies in 2050 with China continuing to lead the pack. It projected GDP for 32 of the largest economies in the world, which together currently account for around 85% of global GDP.

Pakistan and Egypt are set to overtake Italy and Canada by 2040, it said.

Fitch affirms Pakistan at ‘B’; outlook deemed stable

“By 2050, emerging economies such as Mexico and Indonesia are likely to be larger than the UK and France, while Pakistan and Egypt could overtake Italy and Canada (on a purchasing power parity basis). In terms of growth, Vietnam, India and Bangladesh could be the fastest growing economies over the period to 2050, averaging growth of around 5% a year.”

According to the report, by 2030, Pakistan will improve its rank from 24th to 20th and will see a further improvement of four places in the next 20 years, based on projected GDP (at PPP).

India will overtake the US to become the second-largest by 2050, it added.

“China has already overtaken the US to become the world’s largest economy in PPP terms, while India currently stands in third place and is projected to overtake the US by 2040 in PPP terms.

“When looking at GDP measured at market exchange rates, we do not see quite such a radical shift in global economic power, reflecting the lower average price levels in emerging economies.

“But China still emerges as the largest economy in the world before 2030 and India is clearly the third largest in the world by 2050, so there is still a considerable shift in economic power towards Asia in particular whichever measure we use.”

‘Pakistan’s economy will collapse in the next 10 years’

According to the GDP at PPP measure, Canada is currently ranked as the 17th largest economy, but by 2030 the country will slip to the 18th position and by 2050 to the 22nd spot.

Egypt will move to the 15th place with Pakistan at 16th.

Despite the Canadian economy’s diminished status, the country’s GDP will roughly double to $3.1 trillion by 2050 from its current level.

While PwC’s findings show some of the same countries near the top of the list in 13 years, they also have numerous economies slipping or rising massively by 2030.

Read more: economy , Pakistan , PWC
Today this seems like a joke when Pakistan’s rank is going down and now predictions are that by 2030 pakiland will become 51st largest economy from current 45th. Congratulations!

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Okay, this post was from 2016.
Wake me after 2050-2021=29 years
Pakistan’s economy was 313 billion USD before Imrandi Khana became Prime Minister (selected by ISI) before the corona pandemic began Pakistan’s GDP dropped to 275 billion dollars and after pandemic it became 260 billion dollars, lol.

Cheetah007

Country flag
Pakistan’s economy was 313 billion USD before Imrandi Khana became Prime Minister (selected by ISI) before the corona pandemic began Pakistan’s GDP dropped to 275 billion dollars and after pandemic it became 260 billion dollars, lol.
Black economy is also major part as it include drug exports and arm export to black market. They don't have anything for export except their choosay huay aam :p

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Black economy is also major part as it include drug exports and arm export to black market. They don't have anything for export except their choosay huay aam :p
Pakistan has not economic future, they still rely on textiles, what they export in a year, we export twice of it in a month, and it’s going to grow significantly after PLI scheme and various other FTAs, here we promoted startups, innovation and business, and we have visionary leaders which according to ignorant pakis are hindutva fascists and which will take India back to 1990s and will destroy India, lol. We focussed on infra, technology and what not, we only have to formalise our informal sector as much as possible, and focus on rural employment so that they don’t have to migrate to cities to get jobs.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

February 8, 2017

Will grow to move up 8 places, China to remain on top among 32 largest economies. PHOTO: AFP

KARACHI: Pakistan will become the 20th largest economy among 32 peers by 2030 and will further grow to become the 16th largest by 2050, stated a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the world’s largest professional services firms.

The report titled, ‘The Long View: How will the global economic order change by 2050?’ said that emerging markets will dominate the world’s top 10 economies in 2050 with China continuing to lead the pack. It projected GDP for 32 of the largest economies in the world, which together currently account for around 85% of global GDP.

Pakistan and Egypt are set to overtake Italy and Canada by 2040, it said.

Fitch affirms Pakistan at ‘B’; outlook deemed stable

“By 2050, emerging economies such as Mexico and Indonesia are likely to be larger than the UK and France, while Pakistan and Egypt could overtake Italy and Canada (on a purchasing power parity basis). In terms of growth, Vietnam, India and Bangladesh could be the fastest growing economies over the period to 2050, averaging growth of around 5% a year.”

According to the report, by 2030, Pakistan will improve its rank from 24th to 20th and will see a further improvement of four places in the next 20 years, based on projected GDP (at PPP).

India will overtake the US to become the second-largest by 2050, it added.

“China has already overtaken the US to become the world’s largest economy in PPP terms, while India currently stands in third place and is projected to overtake the US by 2040 in PPP terms.

“When looking at GDP measured at market exchange rates, we do not see quite such a radical shift in global economic power, reflecting the lower average price levels in emerging economies.

“But China still emerges as the largest economy in the world before 2030 and India is clearly the third largest in the world by 2050, so there is still a considerable shift in economic power towards Asia in particular whichever measure we use.”

‘Pakistan’s economy will collapse in the next 10 years’

According to the GDP at PPP measure, Canada is currently ranked as the 17th largest economy, but by 2030 the country will slip to the 18th position and by 2050 to the 22nd spot.

Egypt will move to the 15th place with Pakistan at 16th.

Despite the Canadian economy’s diminished status, the country’s GDP will roughly double to $3.1 trillion by 2050 from its current level.

While PwC’s findings show some of the same countries near the top of the list in 13 years, they also have numerous economies slipping or rising massively by 2030.

Read more: economy , Pakistan , PWC
There will be no pakistan by then. Idiotic prediction.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I don't think 15 years was really a very long term projection but yeah for 2050.

During end of last decade, India was growing at double digit probably one which this projected but then came the economic crisis which caused recession.

So, the question depends sustaination of growth. Depends on how much we sustain.
The other thing, I neither think that India had any such high projection in 2007 (10 years ago) nor I'm aware of any such projection by IMF or WB. If you could provide will be appreciated.:)

Projections for India 2030:
BBC: $6.6 trillions by 2030
PWC- $7.5 trillions by 2030
WB & IMF: $10.2 & $10.6 trillions by 2030

Indian Government: $10 trillions by 2026 (Target)
I'm still optimistic about reforms though and hoping for best.;)

Around 80s, we used to have just 52% of GDP per capita of countries like Pakistan, today, we lead by 25%! I don't think it won't be an exaggeration for a fast growing middle income country India to be at least a middle income economy like Mexico or Thailand etc., if not developed.
For total GDP growth, our per capita income growth rate is enough high, upto 6.6%!, only population & fertility rate will.decide future of total GDP.

Thanks, I'm stopping myself here.

Much depends on other factors than GDP growth too. You can predict it in PPP but not exactly in nominal at least.
China was project to reach $5.4 trillions by 2015 but inflation and currency appreciation changed the things completely!
That's why I call East Asian Economies "inflated balloons" when to troll them. India has remained on their growth level otherwise in PPP.
10 bn USD seems realistic but I hope more. We have taken some great grass root action in last few years.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Honestly saying, like always, a dodgy report from UK.:biggrin2:
I don't care about growth rate for Pakistan but India, pretty lower than any other report published.
IMF & WB put us for $10 trillions, only British Think Tanks project it between $6.6 to $7.5 trillions.

Their numbers for India (which have already been outshined by India's new projection), have again remained nearly half against what World Bank & IMF project for Indian Economy.
Sustanied GDP growth even after relatively slow overall Population growth, low fertility puts India's GDP (PPP) per capita from 2 to 3 times of Pakistan or Bangladesh in next 3 decades as per IMF projection, WB doesn't show much weaket either but seems that British are not cozy with it again.:D

Seriously, what India has taken of guys that you guys keep spewing $hit about India?
British forums, media's India bashing was understandable, couldn't you leave reports at least?:facepalm:
I'm not quite sure what your beef is about the UK. Price Waterhouse is a large accountancy firm and business consultancy as far as I know. I do not think there is a slant to their forecasting and while I am not a professional economist or accountant the projections in their forecast do not seem overly pessimistic where India is concerned. If WB or IMF forecast differently I don't think that is surprising. Forecasting more than a few years ahead cannot be done with a high degree of confidence in the accuracy of the forecast.

Banks, in my experience, ask for 3 year projections to lend to business. I sometimes wonder why because it is very rare that sales, profit, cashflow etc are near what was predicted in businesses that are young or new (so changing). The Indian econmy is expected to grow faster than most economies but if you assume 5% per annum GDP growth for 35 years you will get a vastly different GDP to that you will get if you assume 7% per annum GDP growth.

I don't think that any groups of economic forecasters issue their economists with crystal balls. They all have to guess what is likely to happen in the future and the further into the future they try to see, the more their forecasts are likely to diverge substantially.

I wonder if this accounts for a lot of the disparity you mention between WB, IMF and PWC forecasts:

Our model suggests that growth in emerging economies, particularly China but also to a lesser degree India, could moderate after 2020 as they mature. In general, as is consistent with the findings of recent academic research by Larry Summers and Lant Pritchett5, our projections shows a tendency for growth rates to ‘regress to the mean’ in the long run.
https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/issues/the-economy/assets/world-in-2050-february-2015.pdf

Sorry. Did not notice I was replying to something posted years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles