Pakistan will be 16th largest economy by 2050: PWC report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthf

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

Easy there mate, no need to be angry. We are simply having a conversation here.

These "projections" as you stated depends on the way things are (your words). Do you still see that happening?

As for population, I can safely assume that you didn't read the article. My friend, total fertility rate of 2.1 is called the replacement rate, i.e. newer births will replace their parents and not add to the population.

In India's case it is 2.3 because of higher IMR. Eventually and by that I hope by the middle of the next decade, UP & Bihar too will join the rest of India. So I don't know how you came up with 1.7 billion.

Tarun Kumar

Pakistan is once again begging china for loan and they will be 16th largest economy. What a joke

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Pakistan is a sinking ship. All want to loot pakistan. Pakistan army is forefront of looting Pakistan. Kiyani has More than 100 MN USD in his accounts and Zaheel alloted himself a very big piece of land in posh area near Lahore. If somebody tries to open his mouth, he will be eliminated. These looters are Pakistani Heros. Whole pakistan lifted chor Zaheel on their head and depicted him as a savior of pakistan. The same monster who make public area bombed and get baluch girls abducted for rape camp. Pakistan army is a version of ISIS. Inspite of these realities, they dream of among the top economies without realizing that to be among the top economy, you need hard work and proper systems in place working in synchronization for years. I heard Pakistani media discussion that Pakistan even import tomato, Ginger and potatoes from India. A country with so many rivers flowing from its soil is even dependent on neighbors for agriculture. Anyone can imagine the degradation that has taken place of this nation called Pakistan. All must admire the optimism of Pakistanis that in such a condition, they can dream of becoming a leading economy.

Neo

Pakistan is once again begging china for loan and they will be 16th largest economy. What a joke
If borrowing is begging in your books, what does it make you?

------------------------------------------------------

India largest recipient of loans from World Bank for 70 years, says lending report
hiddenJan, 13 2016

By Chaitanya Mallapur

India is the largest recipient of loans from the World Bank, amounting to $102.1 billion, between 1945 and 2015 (as on July 21, 2015), according to the Bank’s lending report.

Representational image. Reuters

While the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), a part of the World Bank group, has lent $52.7 billion, the International Development Association (IDA), a multilateral concessional lender of World Bank, has loaned $49.4 billion to India over the last 70 years.

The Ministry of Finance tabled an updated figure of $103 billion (IBRD—$53 billion and IDA—$50 billion) in a reply to the Lok Sabha (Parliament’s lower house) last month.

India’s loans from the World Bank stand at $104 billion (IBRD—$54 billion and IDA—$50 billion) as on December 31, 2015. Of this, the World Bank has disbursed $73 billion, with India repaying $37 billion.

India is followed by Brazil ($58.8 billion), China ($55.6 billion), Mexico ($54 billion) and Indonesia ($50.5 billion).

The World Bank has been lending funds to India for rural and urban development projects related to transport, water and irrigation, health, power and agriculture.

-----------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, I have seen more rational posts from you with great intellectual input. I hate to see you troll with cheap shots.

Tarun Kumar

Lol. Typical Pakistani with zero intellectual capacity. Read ur own article carefully. Son pakistan has recently requested for 500million USD loan from China on top of USD 2 billion loan it has to beef up its Forex reserves. That is very different from India taking loan from world bank for say infra projects. The former means that if Pakistan were a householder it cannot even pay its day to day bills and needs China's help and latter is like India being a householder taking loan for higher education. Loans for power plants and infra is very different from loans to balance your current account. If you need forex loan to cover your BOP, it means u are basically bankrupt.

Tarun Kumar

And I am not even counting the billions in loan that paki land has taken from IMF under stabilization program which will have to be paid back.

Neo

You witnessed the same problem in early nineties and almost defaulted. Its nothing unique.

Pakistan is coming out of two decades of very slow growth, mismanagement under ultra corrupt govts, security malaise, war at our western borders and a severe energy crisis. Despite all these problems the economy never shrunk and even survived global recession. This is how robust and strong our economy is.

Yes we are plagued by monetary issues and have to borrow from international markets, yet the growth projections and ratings remain positive. Except for Indians, everyone is lauding the progress.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

India largest recipient of loans from World Bank for 70 years, says lending report
hiddenJan, 13 2016

By Chaitanya Mallapur

India is the largest recipient of loans from the World Bank, amounting to $102.1 billion, between 1945 and 2015 (as on July 21, 2015), according to the Bank’s lending report.

While the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), a part of the World Bank group, has lent $52.7 billion, the International Development Association (IDA), a multilateral concessional lender of World Bank, has loaned $49.4 billion to India over the last 70 years.

The Ministry of Finance tabled an updated figure of $103 billion (IBRD—$53 billion and IDA—$50 billion) in a reply to the Lok Sabha (Parliament’s lower house) last month.

India’s loans from the World Bank stand at $104 billion (IBRD—$54 billion and IDA—$50 billion) as on December 31, 2015. Of this, the World Bank has disbursed $73 billion, with India repaying $37 billion.

India is followed by Brazil ($58.8 billion), China ($55.6 billion), Mexico ($54 billion) and Indonesia ($50.5 billion).

The World Bank has been lending funds to India for rural and urban development projects related to transport, water and irrigation, health, power and agriculture.

On a serious note, I have seen more rational posts from you with great intellectual input. I hate to see you troll with cheap shots.
Borrowing is begging for some guys who can't repay the interests and actual amount.
We pay in time every time.
World bank lends us because they know we can pay back without any hiccups and delays..that's way they gives more loans.
You said borrowing is begging right....even your all weather friend is at no.3 that doesn't mean china doesn't have money.....loans are weighed on trustworthy.

IndianHawk

Country flag

hiddenJan, 13 2016

By Chaitanya Mallapur

These world Bank loans come with negligible interest rates . Almost free.
Getting loans from world Bank is considered a lottery:bounce:

How much interest is china charging . If it's upwards 2% you know you are in trouble:biggrin2:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Edit: Off course, just 0.6-0.7% for three decades, Indian Population has matured but do you know that India's per capita income growth rate has remained above 6%?
6% is fast enough to realize what we want to be even with zero population growth rate.
Only way to halt it is a sharp fall in population or plus India being an upper middle income country like Thailand or Malaysia.
Both aren't going to happen anytime soon.

I am ready to bet that we'll be most populated country on planet in 10 years.

Cuz population growth rate is 1.16%! That's all.
Now, use medium fertility variant to calculate population!
[QUOTE="sthf, post: 1266807, member: 22213"][USER=16197]@Indx TechStyle

Please read the facts at hand instead of fairy tale projections.

http://blogs.economictimes.indiatim...idend-is-underway-with-collapse-in-fertility/[/QUOTE]Eat your own words! Did you even bother to read to your own link instead of calling everything a fairy tail projection?
1.7 (or 1.6 if exactly happens whatever in report is cited) in 35 years from 2015, gets an average increment of 0.6-0.7% every year. It's simply replacement level (at least for a middle incomr country).:haha:
Do you have any idea which pop decline China has undergone? It goes negative.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis...on_(United_Nations,_medium_fertility_variant)
You can use any other source you want but Indian Population won't go below 1.6 billion for 2050 anywhere.
Its a marginal increase for a lower middle income economy but it is. At least for sustaining higher per capita income growth rate than countries growing at same speed as that of India.

Plus, regarding your expectations, economic grows because middle class consumes,
Now,
  1. I don't guess Indian Middle Class & consumption has declined ever, far from decline, it's expanding rapidly.
  2. Let's assume your assertion that rich or upper middle families have stabilized their population but even then middle class is expanding, simply new people are getting into league (nor stats lie, that's why poverty ratio declined by 8% in 2 years).
Plus what made you guess that only Indian Population is slowing? (I'm able to show you worse cases in China, Japan, Russia & Europe, replacing whose economies, we're dreaming off!)
Seriously, India has sustained a very nice per capita income growth for last 25 years and can do more.
I have no reason to feel insecurity about growth outlook for at least 30 years.

hiddenJan, 13 2016

By Chaitanya Mallapur

$58 billions? Seriously, its nuts for Indian Economy.
Pakistan with just 12% of Indian Economy takes similar sized loans from PRC and other sources.[/user]

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
These world Bank loans come with negligible interest rates . Almost free.
Getting loans from world Bank is considered a lottery:bounce:

How much interest is china charging . If it's upwards 2% you know you are in trouble:biggrin2:
Interest for world bank loans varies in lot of scenarios....
Interest rates starts from 0.75 to 2% of max.
We getting most of loans at interest rates from 0.9-1.25%...
Why most of projects takes loan because domestic interest rate for projects is 14%.....

bose

Country flag
You witnessed the same problem in early nineties and almost defaulted. Its nothing unique.

Pakistan is coming out of two decades of very slow growth, mismanagement under ultra corrupt govts, security malaise, war at our western borders and a severe energy crisis. Despite all these problems the economy never shrunk and even survived global recession. This is how robust and strong our economy is.

Yes we are plagued by monetary issues and have to borrow from international markets, yet the growth projections and ratings remain positive. Except for Indians, everyone is lauding the progress.
Pakistan is fully buried under the debt, currently it is around PRK 18 Trillion... With CPEC Pakistani will drown further with Chinese good destroying the local industry permanently...

thethinker

Country flag
Pakistan's thriving bacchabazi industry to get a boost.

Experts from that industry who have made their mark abroad soon will return home and establish bacchabazi centers for all nanhe Abduls.

A proud moment for all Pakis!

Members of UK ‘sex gang’ face deportation to Pakistan

http://www.dawn.com/news/1313930/members-of-uk-sex-gang-face-deportation-to-pakistan

LONDON: Four men convicted of grooming girls for sex in a case that fuelled racial tensions in Britain face deportation to Pakistan after a judge upheld a government decision on Thursday to strip them of British citizenship.

The ruling by an immigration tribunal clears the way for the men, all of Pakistani nationality, to be removed from Britain. They acquired British citizenship by naturalisation.

mahesh

Country flag
yaa, india takes loan but pakistan begs for money as aid. In afghan war US was demanded more than 15 BILLION USD as aid just for the support, which is non payable and no interest. 15 Billion dollars as just aid not loan, and there is more of these begging with china and arab countries. (apart from a humongous concessions given on F-16 and so on)
from long time USA been asking for so long and putting pressure on pakistan, to tell weather they are Friend or Foe in the Fight against Terrorism too. recently trump been pressing this button too hard.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

We Indians will be happy if we see the money being utilised to answer the intellectual bankruptcy prevalent in Pakistan. We hope you will use that money to better educate your people about history, science and technology, culture, sociology and most importantly, the purpose of humanity. Once you do that, your views on world issues will be much aligned with major world powers (responsible powers like India). That way, you will not create issues like terrorism, Kashmir etc for petty gains. You will not drive yourselves into a corner thinking that the world is against you.

The idea of Pakistan (the two-nation theory) has failed. The challenge before Pakistan today is to accept that fact graciously and create a new idea upon which to base the existence of your country. Trust me, this is what both us Indians and you Pakistanis truly hope for.

For the time being, the status quo remains, and the money being channeled into your economy might give returns and your GDP might grow, but unless you change the very substance of your thinking, you will not be at peace with yourselves. Economic growth without a social vision is difficult to achieve, and if achieved, is a curse.

P.S.: This is my honest view on the subject. My honest wish is that sane and pragmatic Pakistanis like you can translate this view into reality. I don't wish to sound derogatory. I am sorry if I offended you.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
@Neo apart from trolling you i do really hope you guys stop supporting terrorism and concentrate on bring your country to the forfront of the world
@Neo i really wish you all the best and to your country but i have only one wish
Stop hurting us with terrorism because as you know it is a two bladed sword it is and will hurt u

Tarun Kumar

Lol ur economy is not robust, it was the threat of a bankrupt economy pawning its nukes coupled with situation in afghanistan where western forces need land access that forced US to bail u guys out. Now under Trump US is retreating although they are unlikely to completely throw u under the bus. China will bury u under loans. And I have interacted with many pakis to know pakiland has very few real middle class jobs and sub par growth to really be a dynamic economy. Chinese will just build roads and mines. Real wealth is IT, Pharma, tech all sectors where u are very very weak. So enjoy ur 4% growth and no jobs.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Pakistan is a whore country. It always need a super power sugah daddy to survive. Pakistan was growing at a fast pace when it was in bed with US doing all the dirty things that US asked her to do. We all know what happened when Uncle sam got bored of this whore. History will repeat itself when Uncle Eleven jin ping will get bored of this whore of a nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles