Pakistan Tourism, Culture and Music

Zulfiqar Khan

Old Lahore continued

Buildings as old has hundreds of years are still used today.

Reactions: Neo

aditya g

Country flag
Pakistan's best cultural contribution is in rock music. Somehow the best desi rock comes from Pakistan.

Check out Coke Studio and Nescafe Basement on youtube.

Zulfiqar Khan

An American visits Pakistan and tell her experince; also hangs around with Female Personnel.

Blackwater

Explore Pakistan in 4k

Gorakh Hill in Sindh

showing pics with desi tourist and actual foriegn tourist coming is 2 different reality.

u got no foreign tourist apart from Chinese engineer and their family

do u have any formal tourist policy ???

international image of pak is not any good either

phoren tourist bring dallar not desi

Zulfiqar Khan

showing pics with desi tourist and actual foriegn tourist coming is 2 different reality.

u got no foreign tourist apart from Chinese engineer and their family

do u have any formal tourist policy ???

international image of pak is not any good either

phoren tourist bring dallar not desi
Tourism flourished in the 80's but WoT destroyed the industry along with our image. We're seeing a revival though; Pakistan is very attractive to adventurers, landscape admirers and people who like history/culture. There has also been an explosion of tourists coming from China. Inshallah in over a decade, Pakistan will be one of the world's tourist capitals.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
He was an idiot to go and investigate about Al-qaeda in the height of the Karachi troubles. He went looking for problem (despite all warnings) and he got it.

Meanwhile in India (and this is all recent as well):

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/848505/japanese-tourist-allegedly-raped-in-south-indian-town
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/world/asia/2-arrested-in-rape-of-israeli-tourist-in-india.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-tourist-alleges-gang-raped-new-delhi-article-1.2900585
http://www.businessinsider.com/indi...urists-to-dress-modestly-to-avoid-rape-2016-8

No offense at you or your country; but before someone tries to make fun of something - he must make sure his record is clean as well ;) - Indians make this mistake a lot. Inshallah we overcome our problems instead of point fingers.
This thread is about Pakistan and not India buddy, don't take it personally. Traveling to tribal areas of Pakistan is not safe for me as an Indian origin American, just pointing it out.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Is India's Punjab similar to Pakistan's...?
Very similar in terms of geography, I've met a few Pakistani Punjabis visiting this side and they said they couldn't tell they were not in their own country. One difference is in the script - Punjabi in Gurmukhi script is used on the Indian side on all the signs and Sikhs being a majority, there are a lot of turban wearing people everywhere. The other thing is that hilly areas like your second pic have been split into the separate state of Himachal Pradesh.

Zulfiqar Khan

Very similar in terms of geography, I've met a few Pakistani Punjabis visiting this side and they said they couldn't tell they were not in their own country. One difference is in the script - Punjabi in Gurmukhi script is used on the Indian side on all the signs and Sikhs being a majority, there are a lot of turban wearing people everywhere. The other thing is that hilly areas like your second pic have been split into the separate state of Himachal Pradesh.
Mhm, i've been to the border (Sialkot working boundary), but never past it. Landscape is similar and the Sikhs look very similar to us except they have turbans. Even abroad, we associate with each other very closely. You ever plan on visiting Lahore or the Sikh holy sites in our Punjab?

airtel

Country flag
I thought Music is UnIslamic & Haram ...............

i Got this Information from Many hardcore Islamic Pages .

how the hell Music is allowed in Pakistaan ??

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Mhm, i've been to the border (Sialkot working boundary), but never past it. Landscape is similar and the Sikhs look very similar to us except they have turbans. Even abroad, we associate with each other very closely. You ever plan on visiting Lahore or the Sikh holy sites in our Punjab?
Are you Punjabi? From your other posts I thought you were Pashtun although I understand that there are Punjabi Pashtuns as well.

I would like to visit Lahore and Nankana Sahib some day, my ancestral village is near Gujranwala and my relatives keep traveling there pretty frequently even now.

airtel

Country flag
however the Government supported by the native population has been taking concrete steps to expel them;
what happen to Muslim Ummah ?? You will not help Your Muslim Migrants ?? why dont you Give them Paki citizenship ??

Zulfiqar Khan

I thought Music is UnIslamic & Haram ...............

i Got this Information from Many hardcore Islamic Pages .

how the hell Music is allowed in Pakistaan ??
Music that associates with gross sexuality, drugs, killing, alcohol and other negative things (like in the modern world) are haram. Music that brings you closer to Allah or calms you; is allowed.

Music is deeply rooted within Pakistan history and culture; in fact music was one of the main reason for the conversion into Islam. Sufi saints would use poetic music with deep meaning (which would later evolve into Qawalli) to convert the masses to Islam. To this day, Sufi Music is the most popular music in Pakistan.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles