Pakistan to receive 282 T-55 Tanks from Serbia

Blackwater

BELGRADE – The Ministry of Defence of Serbia sold 282 T-55 tanks to Pakistan Army, which were from the arsenal marked as an obsolete equipment, Serbian Daily ‘Blic’ reported.

The deal was agreed at the Arms Fair in Belgrade, and the contract of purchase, worth tens of millions of dollars, will be signed next week. A source from the Army told the daily that this contract is very important for the Serbian Army.

“The tanks, which had to be sold as obsolete equipment, will be modernized and sold to Pakistanis. Modernization will increase T-55 value many times. The deal was made in great secrecy because it is a contract worth tens of millions of dollars. An agreement in principle was reached in person with Pakistani Minister of Defense Industry,” said the source.

‘Blic’ findings were indirectly confirmed by the Chief of the Defence Technology in the Ministry of Defence, Major General Bojan Zrnic.

“It is true that there was an agreement in principle for the sale of 282 tanks from the arsenal of retired and obsolete military equipment, but I do not want to talk about with which country and the army this deal was made. It would not be appropriate because the contract has not been signed. What can I say is that the offer is extremely favorable for the Army of Serbia as the tanks will not be sold in its current state, they will be modernized first. This task will be entrusted to our defense industry,” says General Zrnic.

He added that the money from the deal will go into the budget for new weapons.

http://inserbia.info/today/2015/06/serbia-sold-282-modernized-t-55-tanks-to-pakistan-report/

Blackwater

There's a saying: You can keep scrubbing a donkey but you can never turn it into a horse! You can't expect an obsolete T-55 to transform into a modern platform however hard you may try. And modifications would cost you almost the same as buying a new tank!

but i think pakis think that by scrubbing T-55 they can make it into T-90:pound::pound::pound:

26/11

Country flag
Serbia is poor country itself.. If the tanks were usable they would have used themselves..
I think this deal is made to finance new bunglow for General "not so shareef" ..

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Pakistan desperately needs numbers to challenge Indian armored supremacy across the thar desert and the rann of kutchh.
As Stalin once said "quantity has a quality of its own" , Pakistan seems to be abiding this principle as no matter how advanced tanks they get our activated + reserve tank's combined firepower can turn any tank battle in our favor.
Right now as long as they can stall our thrusts it is enough for them as their 3000 odd tanks have to deal with 6500 odd Indian tanks with a similar discrepancy in the ratio of infantry fighting vehicles owned by both the countries.

Last edited:

suny6611

Country flag
There's a saying: You can keep scrubbing a donkey but you can never turn it into a horse! You can't expect an obsolete T-55 to transform into a modern platform however hard you may try. And modifications would cost you almost the same as buying a new tank!

but i think pakis think that by scrubbing T-55 they can make it into T-90:pound::pound::pound:

no no it will be T 55+ T 55 = TT 110 >>>> futuristic tank !!!

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Instead of upgraded T-55 tanks Pakistan should have tried to buy Leopard 2 tanks from Greece at a low cost.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
lol........ Pakistani defence budget can't able them to buy modern tanks......... Or who knows they will modernize it to defeat leopard 2

blueblood

@Abbasi, mubarak again. You are now the proud owners of the ubercool tanks designed years if not decades before your father was born(?).

And thus the Gazwa-e-Hind begins.

On a serious note, this essentially proves what I have been harping for quite some time now. Keep engaging Pak in arms race and keep threatening them. They are broke and shit scared, use it to your advantage.

Abbasi

@Abbasi, mubarak again. You are now the proud owners of the ubercool tanks designed years if not decades before your father was born(?).

And thus the Gazwa-e-Hind begins.

On a serious note, this essentially proves what I have been harping for quite some time now. Keep engaging Pak in arms race and keep threatening them. They are broke and shit scared, use it to your advantage.
Very funny :eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

Abbasi

BELGRADE – The Ministry of Defence of Serbia sold 282 T-55 tanks to Pakistan Army, which were from the arsenal marked as an obsolete equipment, Serbian Daily ‘Blic’ reported.

The deal was agreed at the Arms Fair in Belgrade, and the contract of purchase, worth tens of millions of dollars, will be signed next week. A source from the Army told the daily that this contract is very important for the Serbian Army.

“The tanks, which had to be sold as obsolete equipment, will be modernized and sold to Pakistanis. Modernization will increase T-55 value many times. The deal was made in great secrecy because it is a contract worth tens of millions of dollars. An agreement in principle was reached in person with Pakistani Minister of Defense Industry,” said the source.

‘Blic’ findings were indirectly confirmed by the Chief of the Defence Technology in the Ministry of Defence, Major General Bojan Zrnic.

“It is true that there was an agreement in principle for the sale of 282 tanks from the arsenal of retired and obsolete military equipment, but I do not want to talk about with which country and the army this deal was made. It would not be appropriate because the contract has not been signed. What can I say is that the offer is extremely favorable for the Army of Serbia as the tanks will not be sold in its current state, they will be modernized first. This task will be entrusted to our defense industry,” says General Zrnic.

He added that the money from the deal will go into the budget for new weapons.

http://inserbia.info/today/2015/06/serbia-sold-282-modernized-t-55-tanks-to-pakistan-report/
@blueblood @Blackwater Totally baseless we are not buying these Tanks it is fake news We have Al Khalid dont worry

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles