Pakistan to lease Gilgit-Baltistan to China & possible Indian response

t_co

Re: Will India react militarily if Pak cedes Gilgit Baltistan to China

All India needs is good surveillance over Pak. Pak nukes are in disassembled format. So that is one way to detect an impending strike. Their primary missile is the Ghauri which is liquid fueled. Any refueling can be detected and this information can be used to prepare our own strike to take out the missiles and nukes. And no we don't even have to use our nukes to take them out. Can be done with conventional weapons.
So if I was Pak, then I would just start holding periodic military drills where I fuel up my entire nuclear arsenal and mate all the warheads, and then disassemble them, just to dare India to start things. The IAS might want to do something, but the GoI would never have the spine for a preemptive strike in the absence of major hostilities.

pmaitra

So if I was Pak, then I would just start holding periodic military drills where I fuel up my entire nuclear arsenal and mate all the warheads, and then disassemble them, just to dare India to start things. The IAS might want to do something, but the GoI would never have the spine for a preemptive strike in the absence of major hostilities.
I would pray that Pak thought the way you do. These military drills will only drain Pakistani coffers, in the best scenario, or punitive US strikes in the worst.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

All that requires money.

And that is in real short supply in Pakistan!

Didn't you read the thread, where Pakistan cannot refurbish or maintain its Air Force?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

That would be very good indeed. Exposes the number of missiles and nukes they have. And add to this the cost of conducting exercises. Add to that exposure to potential theft by terrorists aided by terror sympathizers in Pak.

It will do India a favor as it will help India sharpen itself :)

no smoking

Country flag

With Pakistan, there is no other solution.
Good, then what are you waiting for in the past 30 years?

There is nothing Pakistan can do? I doubt it. Pakistan can become a vassal of PRC, and India will be in a greater threat.
Then the key problem is China, not Pakstan! The next question is why you waste these money and manpower on a "vassal"? As long as Pakistan has China as its supply base, it can always come back unless you can completely destroy it which will certainly pull the nuclear triger.

It won't take India more than 3 days to lay a siege on Lahore, Faisalabad, Shakargarh area. Pakistan won't hit the nuke button by then. We will then declare ceasefire and invite Pakistan for talks. Pakistan will budge. If talks fail, then it will be Diwali for everyone to see. India will carry out strikes to disable any Pakistani capacity to launch thier nukes.
What make you believe that Pakistan won't hit the nuke button in these 3 days?
What will you do if Pakistan require you to withdraw? If india says no, what if Pakistan turn this into a total war?
What give you confidence that india has the capacity to clear all the nukes possesed by Pak? Your nukes status is not much better than Pakistan. Only nuclear strike can gurantee the kill of Pak nuclear lauching capability. When you start to prepare it, Russia will know, US will know, China will know, and THEN Pakistan will know.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Bro, why blame the present goi when it was one dreamer of the relatively by now distant past who in the first place didnt take the territory when all it would have taken was a mere 4 more days of military action in a battle that was precipitated by packland

my contrib to this thread would therefore be a simple NO ! .... followed by a firstly we cant and secondly , thankfully there actually ARE better options !
thirdly - apart from any mining or resources, if it is merely to give ccp military bases, they could do it ( have already done it ) right now without having to lease it
there are a string of reasons why it is gonna be difficult and unnecessary for military action - just as there are other ways around this challenge .

what india has to do is to get the pathans and nwfp folks involved - get them to realise that there land is being given away and they will end up like the tibetans - show them that in fact ccp has long claimed that land as theirs.... remind the nwfp folks that if GB is leased successfully, they will be next on the list !

influence nawaz shariff - who by nature of his plans for badly needed boost of the economy has taken a more realistic stand towards india - that :-
leasing the land to ccp = giving it away for ever

become stronger militarily and encircle ccp ( the best we can ) by continued alliances and projects with Japan Korea and Vietnam , USA
Sovereignty is above all ! once Pak manages to cede GB to China it will be over, we'll loose GB so we can't sit and watch, we must stop Pakis to do so. However, Pakis have no guts to do this, specially when we have nukes.

t_co

All that requires money.

And that is in real short supply in Pakistan!

Didn't you read the thread, where Pakistan cannot refurbish or maintain its Air Force?
And money is not in short supply in China...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

And money is not in short supply in China...
But famous for penny pinching.

Not for squandering!

We were talking about Pakistan.

So, you feel the Chinese will help them to activate their nukes overtly?

t_co

But famous for penny pinching.

Not for squandering!

We were talking about Pakistan.

So, you feel the Chinese will help them to activate their nukes overtly?
No, China wouldn't authorize money for that item specifically; they would release $300-500M for 'developmental welfare projects' elsewhere in the Pakistani budget, releasing pressure on their fiscal situation...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Haven't seen China being so generous till now with Pakistan.

It is the US and the Saudis who are bankrolling Pakistan.

Pakistan is already in China's bag.

China has to use loose change for other poverty stricken countries around India's rim.

Tianshan

No, China wouldn't authorize money for that item specifically; they would release $300-500M for 'developmental welfare projects' elsewhere in the Pakistani budget, releasing pressure on their fiscal situation...
you know debt financing takes the majority of pakistan's government budget every year.

their debt to them is enormous, that even financing the debt is draining the rest of their budget to the point of complete bankruptcy.

but to us... their total debt is only very small compared to our foreign exchange reserves of over 3 trillion. we could wipe out their debt easily and give them a fresh start, but then we will turn into america's replacement in terms of giving aid. i don't like that at all.

amoy

but to us... their total debt is only very small compared to our foreign exchange reserves of over 3 trillion. we could wipe out their debt easily and give them a fresh start, but then we will turn into america's replacement in terms of giving aid. i don't like that at all.
Not everything is measured in monetary terms. Think about security, military co-op & joint R&D, gateway to Arabian Sea and Mid East... In the same vein US keeps on pumping money to Egypt no matter under Mubarak or Morsi.

By the way the so-called 3 trillion is idling and even being eroded off in waves of QEs.

Hari Sud

Country flag

As a matter of fact Pak handing over any territory under its control in Kashmir to China is a good news. China will accept this territory legally if it is Pakistani territory. As a matter fact Pakistan indirectly accept the Indian argument that whatever you control is yours and whatever we control is ours. There is no disputed territory argument anymore. You can trade your territory and same we can do.

Chinese know this argument very well.

By making funny arrangement to let China into Gilgit area is strengthening Indian argument that Kashmir is no longer a disputed area.

JBH22

The moment they cede this territory to China their claim for Kashmir would lose any moral justification :)

Dhairya Yadav

re: Pakistan to lease Gilgit-Baltistan to China & possible Indian response

If this really materializes, It would be strongest provocation India has or will ever face. We should declare full-fledged war against Pakistan even before they could complete paperwork...

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

The Indian Govt has never made heavy weather of the illegal occupation of Pakistan of Kashmir and Northern Areas!

We are a peace loving Gandhian lot!
I have been advocating the issue of illegally occupied Kashmir on this forum and it is time that citizens of Bharatvarsh make this as an election issue going forward. There is no doubt that there will be one more war on the western border and we should prepare for the final strike break them into pieces and free the occupied territories. I hope our new PM will make this as a priority number one.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

This is what happens when you keep a secular ****** regime in power for 10 years. They do more damage to Indian interests and Indian territorial integrity than even the Mughal fascists or the pesky colonials.

Zebra

Country flag

If Gilgit-Baltistan is there in market to get on lease then India must try and get it on lease.

What say.....?

Kshatriya87

Country flag

What ? How can someone be THAT dumb ? Who does that ? Leasing your own homeland because of your so called problems. I hope there comes a major revolution in Gilgit-Baltistan. This is not good for India at all. Modi sir needs to talk to China once the news is confirmed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles