Pakistan takes loan from PRC to pay Eurobond debt

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Pakistani Eurobond debt paid off with Chinese loan

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday paid back $750 million Eurobond debt but only after receiving $1 billion loan from China, as the country struggles to sustain the official foreign currency reserves at their current levels amid mounting foreign payments requirements.
Pakistan retired the Eurobond debt of $750 million, said an official of State Bank of Pakistan. However, despite the retirement of debt, Pakistan’s external debt would not reduce, as the country borrowed another $1 billion from China Development Bank to pay back the old debt.
With fresh $1 billion borrowing, Chinese banks have given $2 billion loan to Pakistan during past nine months alone. These loans have been obtained on an interest rate ranging from 4.22 per cent to 4.44 per cent, according to Finance Ministry documents. However, the government waived off all taxes on these loans to show a reasonable cost of borrowing.
In 2007, the Musharraf government had issued 10-year bonds at a 6.875 per cent interest rate. Although, the government contracted the Chinese loans at around 4.4 per cent interest rate, it would increase refinancing risks due to relatively shorter maturity period.
In its second last meeting, the federal cabinet had approved signing the foreign commercial facility agreement of $1 billion with the China Development Bank, according to official documents.
The central bank on Thursday also revealed the official foreign currency reserves position till May 26. It said that the total liquid foreign reserves held by the country stood at US$21.77 billion. Foreign reserves held by the State Bank of Pakistan increased to $16.921 billion on back of $1 billion Chinese loan. The net foreign reserves held by commercial banks stood at $4.848 billion.
During the week ending May 26, SBP’s reserves increased by US$709 million to US$16.922 billion, due to official inflows, according to an official handout issued by the SBP. The $16.9 billion reserves include $1 billion Chinese loan. In its next weekly statement, the central bank would reflect the impact of $750 million repayment.
From July through March of the current fiscal year, Pakistan’s external debt servicing – including interest payments – consumed $3.9 billion, according to the Economic Survey of Pakistan. The nine-month debt servicing ate up 24.2 per cent of our export receipts – the highest figure during the past 14 years, suggesting worsening of the external debt indicators.
FRDL Amendment
The Senate Standing Committee on Finance recommended amending the public debt definition –backed by the PML-N’s Senator Ayesha Raza Farooq. The amendment says that the public debt should be reported net of the government’s deposits placed in banking system.
If parliament approves the amendment, it will further camouflage the real debt situation after last year’s amendments introduced in Fiscal Responsibility and Debt Limitation Act of 2005.
Due to growing public criticism, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has started emphasising upon the net public debt – the public debt minus deposits of the government. Senator Ayesha has proposed that this should be given legal cover by amending the debt definition.
“The debt to GDP ratio is now correctly being shown in net terms rather than gross terms”, said Senator Ayesha during the committee meeting.
The Ministry of Finance’s Director General Debt Office supported Senator Ayesha’s proposal, although Ministry of Law official said that this amendment can only be made with the prior approval of federal cabinet.
If the Parliament approves the proposed amendment, the net public debt would come down by Rs2 trillion. As of March 2017, the country’s public debt was Rs20.872 trillion or 65.5 per cent of GDP, according to Finance Ministry. As per Ishaq Dar innovation and backed by Senator Ayesha, the net public debt would come down to Rs18.892 trillion or 59.3 per cent of the GDP.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
This is good.

But the irony is that India (economic giant) has been continuously bleed by bankrupt nation Pak.

Country flag
This is good.

But the irony is that India (economic giant) has been continuously bleed by bankrupt nation Pak.
It is because we have politicians who are more Pakistanis than Pakistanis themselves-

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Counter bleeding doesn't stop attacks. India had done terrible mistake i?by returning territory, worser is letting article 370 survive.
It is because we have politicians who are more Pakistanis than Pakistanis themselves-
Blaming just one group for everything isn't sanity either, I think.

Country flag
Just one group ? Its a cabal of Terrorists, criminals, Hawala dealers, smugglers, businessmen etc- Politicians are like the main branch from where all these connect-

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Counter bleeding doesn't stop attacks. India had done terrible mistake i?by returning territory, worser is letting article 370 survive.

Suggest the future course of action, pointing to the past is irrelevant.

I say fuck Art 370 now as a start.

Flame Thrower

Unfortunately guys, if we want to win the Plebesite in Kashmir, article 370 has to survive.

Don't go with few brain dead of Kashmir Valley and take it as they are against India. Most of them are with India. Few stone pelters, fewer terrorist sympathisers and even fewer terrorist let them judge your opinion on entire Kashmiri.

@Guest Army marches on its Stomach - Napoleon

Pak burned itself so that we can feel heat. It is only matter of time they turn into ashes. Our leaders focused on economy and didn't neglected the army(atleast we are not obsolete; we are one of the feared and respected force. Let's remember that before we come up with no tanks, no artillery and no fighters. Even without these, no one dares to attack us.)

Before you say anything about Kashmir, remember in GOI view Kashmir means POK, Indian Kashmir and Aksai Chin.

If I have 6 hrs to cut tree, I shall spend 4 hrs of it for sharping my axe - Abraham Lincoln

It might seem that no action is being taken as of now, but the plan to make ourselves look as good guys first and take Kashmir as a whole.

When coming to me, I am totally convinced that GOI will get entire Kashmir, it is only matter of time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Just one group ? Its a cabal of Terrorists, criminals, Hawala dealers, smugglers, businessmen etc- Politicians are like the main branch from where all these connect-
Ya sure about that? What if someone isn't linked and unnecessary hyped with name.

Imagine you have become one of them with goodwill for your nation still bashed for wrong reasons in end.
I won't say everyone is honest or everyone is a cheater but generalizing isn't fair at all. Their names bounce up because they sit at the top of establishment and system which means responsibility for everything.

You aren't rich, you are jobless or you failed in some prestigious exams, blaming politicians is easiest way to excuse your every problem. I don't say they don't play role but individual competence is equally relevant too.
People who can't even trust a little the people they elected can't even trust themselves l.
Sometimes I even feel bad for them. We didn't inherit a richie rich country during dominion but a land ruined by colonizers.
Suggest the future course of action, pointing to the past is irrelevant.

I say fuck Art 370 now as a start.
The problem comes with both BJP & INC here.
Need at least 363 votes and INC won't support. I hoped that BJP had will to scrap it with other alliances but they too are very conservative.
Governments must be brave to take strong decisions, when they thought we are standing with em on demonetization, why not Kashmir then?
Unfortunately guys, if we want to win the Plebesite in Kashmir, article 370 has to survive.
Page no. 5, left hand English paragraph, 2nd to onward position on UN Charter regarding resolution on Kashmir.

No plebiscite can occur in Kashmir unless "complete" territory is under Indian Administration and India will having entire responsibility and right to have control of plebiscite process along with nullifying any violent activity with force.

So, article 70 is like self sanctioning committed by Nehru. The conditions in resolution also reflected that world admitted that India was the mother country of both Pakistan and PoK (there is no legally accepted "Azad Kashmir" in UN Charter, only one Kashmir has legal acceptance and that is Indian Jammu & Kashmir).

So, more relevant thing is that India can't be forced to conduct any plebiscite (nor we ourselves can conduct :p) unless Pakistan gives away entire PoK which they won't ever.
Better to go on our way ahead and let them make a joke of themselves by crying in UN every year for this resolution (which they themselves didn't read, LOL. :lol:)

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Don't go with few brain dead of Kashmir Valley and take it as they are against India. Most of them are with India. Few stone pelters, fewer terrorist sympathisers and even fewer terrorist let them judge your opinion on entire Kashmiri.
Spot on! It's only 5 districts with Wahhabi rabble rousers that are creating problems out of 22 districts of J&K. So I don't understand what the alarm is all about?

It's not as if the whole of J&K is burning. But the media doesn't play up this point. So the world thinks that the whole of J&K is on fire and the Human Rights bimbos and the Porkis are going berserk at the so called 'atrocities in J&K which they portray as the whole of J&K. Why the media ain't showing the other peaceful parts of J&K is incomprehensible. Looks like the Porkis are winning the vile propaganda war after all!

Flame Thrower

No plebiscite can occur in Kashmir unless "complete" territory is under Indian Administration and India will having entire responsibility and right to have control of plebiscite process along with nullifying any violent activity with force.
The plan is to get PoK too, but first we need to clean the garbage in KV first.

Get PoK, clean the shit in 5 yrs... then conduct Plebesite. Then plan for Aksai Chin.

If we're lucky, we might get Aksai Chin before Plebesite.

Coming to media, common man doesn't know what is happening in Kashmir. As you know bad news spread fast than good news. If we don't have a bad news, fabricate one.

That is the main reason for media publishing bullshits. Kashmir is one of the fabricated bad news.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The plan is to get PoK too, but first we need to clean the garbage in KV first.

Get PoK, clean the shit in 5 yrs... then conduct Plebesite. Then plan for Aksai Chin.

If we're lucky, we might get Aksai Chin before Plebesite.

Coming to media, common man doesn't know what is happening in Kashmir. As you know bad news spread fast than good news. If we don't have a bad news, fabricate one.

That is the main reason for media publishing bullshits. Kashmir is one of the fabricated bad news.
Well justifies my point that Article 370 is an unnecessary self sanction.

Compersion

Country flag
The pakis know that the prc loan will be (guaranteed) paid by Saudi Arabia Because it has nuke nipples ... milk containers

How much oil is 1 billion ... a forward futures in how many lots contract ha !! 1 billion is child's play ... pakis ought to be talking and taking 100 billions and more from prc and Saudi

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Take a loan to pay another loan o_O

Chalo accha he jitna jaldi Pakistan collapse kare utna badhiya:brahmos:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles