Pakistan supports terrorist groups, says former US official

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Washington: Pakistan supports groups that carry out terrorists activities, a former US counter- terrorism official has said, citing the close linkage it has with outfits like LeT that carried out the Mumbai terror attacks. "Pakistan is unique because of the various groups that are there that have been supported by the Pakistani state, groups like the Lashkar-e-Taiba that have attacked in India, directed by Pakistani intelligence, murdering people in a hotel in Mumbai," Michael Sheehan, who was Coordinator for Counter-terrorism with the rank and status of Ambassador-at-Large from 1998 to 2000 at the US State Department, told lawmakers during a Congressional hearing on Monday. "This is a unique situation where a state is actually involved in these organisations that are part of this stew I talked about earlier that directly threaten us," said Sheehan, who is currently Distinguished Chair, Combating Terrorism Center, US Military Academy at West Point. Responding to a question from Congressman Scott Perry on direct links between members of the Pakistani government and the terrorist organisations, Sheehan said there is likely because of the decades old links between them. "It's possible, especially the organizations that they might arm to attack in Kashmir or in India.

Those same type of weapon systems can then be turned against us. But I don't believe the Pakistani army, the Pakistani government would count on such an activity. It would come from below perhaps from a rogue. I don't see any evidence of that happening right now.

Read more here:
Pakistan supports terrorist groups, says former US official

thethinker

Country flag
Pakistan not only support groups but

made them,

train them,

equipped them,

brainwash them,

then bombed them from air

Then face back lash

then blame RAW
The only thing Pak doesn't do to all these terrorist groups is :

Acknowledge them as their own.

Country flag
After 12 years of War with NATO, how does all queda and taliban emerge stronger?
Something very wrong.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles