Pakistan Super League: News/Updates

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan Super League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pakistan Super League (PSL; Urdu: پاکستان سپر لیگ"Ž) is a major professional Twenty20 cricket league of 5 franchised member clubs. Headquartered in Lahore, the PSL will become the premier professional cricket league in Pakistan replacing the Faysal Bank T20 Cup. The inaugural 2013 season will begin on 26 March 2013.

Auction Slabs
Managing Director of the Pakistan Super League (PSL, Salman Sarwar Butt has announced five categories of players for the tournament. During a news conference, Butt said players would be paid up to $100,000 according to the category they were chosen in.

Category Price ($)
Diamond $100,000
Platinum $70,000
Gold $50,000
Silver $25,00
Emerging $5,000-$10,000

Value
The value of the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL) is being estimated in being in "excess of $100 million" according to Lorgat.

Season
The inaugural season will be played over 15 days and would involve a total of 23 matches, being at a single venue. Teams will play each other twice in a league format before the top four teams qualify for the semi-finals.

Future Expansion

The PCB has ambitious plans to expand the league in the fourth season to eight teams with a 59-match tournament. these will be played in Karachi.

Television and Radio

Signing a broadcast deal by the PCB will be done before the end of February 2013. PTV Sports, TEN Sports and Nimbus Entertainment are rumoured to be part of the deal as well as Power FM 99.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The head of Pakistan's cricket board on Thursday offered foreign players insurance worth $2 million and up to $100,000 tax free income in a bid to lure them to join the troubled country's new Twenty20 league. The world professional cricketers' union has warned players against taking part

in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), due to start in March, because of the "unmanageable" security risk. Pakistan is struggling with a homegrown Islamist insurgency and suffers bombings and shootings on an almost daily basis.

No international cricket has been played in the country since militants attacked the Sri Lankan team bus during a Test match in Lahore in 2009.

Zaka Ashraf, the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), said they were ready to offer insurance to any player wishing to tour the country.

"It's extra security and optional for the players if they want to take it for the satisfaction of their families," Ashraf told AFP.

"It will be worth two million dollars and above all tax free income for all."

Ashraf said he was determined to revive home internationals, but the PCB faces a tough challenge. Twice in the past 12 months Bangladesh have agreed to a tour only to dash Pakistani hopes by changing their minds due to security fears.

Players stand to earn between $25,000 and $100,000 for taking part in the two-week tournament under the wage structure the PCB announced on Wednesday.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The PCB has confirmed the inclusion of former ICC match referee Mike Procter and former elite panel umpires Russell Tiffin and Rudi Koertzen for the upcoming Pakistan Super League, a Twenty20 tournament starting on March 25.

"Apart from Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf [who are from Pakistan], three other esteemed international match officials have confirmed their participation," the PCB said in a statement. "In addition, preparation is proceeding apace in all other aspects and the team is well on track with its plans for broadcasters and sponsorship."

Although the PCB hasn't named the foreign players to take part in the event, the addition of the three match officials is a notable scoop, after FICA's advice to players not to travel to Pakistan because of security concerns.

Procter, who stood down as an ICC match referee in 2008 to become Cricket South Africa's convener of selectors, last visited Pakistan in June that year to officiate the Asia Cup matches.

"I am delighted to announce that I have agreed to be one of the Match Referees in the upcoming Pakistan Super League," Procter was quoted as saying by PCB. "I was approached by the PSL management team and after due consideration, I am looking forward to being a part of this exciting event in Pakistan.

"It is unfortunate that Pakistan and its fans do not currently enjoy their beloved international cricket stars at home and this cannot remain so. I am willing to get involved, and to help change perceptions about cricket being played in Pakistan."

Tiffin, a Zimbabwean umpire, was part of ICC's elite panel of umpires from 1995, and his last assignment in the country was to officiate Bangladesh's tour of Pakistan in 2003. "I have been to Pakistan before on cricketing assignments and I am keen to take part in the PSL," Tiffin said. "With the talent we know that exists in Pakistan, I am sure this competition will be quite a spectacle and I cannot wait to be a part of it.

"I know about the challenges that Pakistan cricket faces and I know from my own experiences at home how perceptions can cloud the realities. I am confident that the PCB can deliver a safe and secure event."

Tiffin last officiated an international match in 2009, and since then has been engaged with ICC tournaments featuring associate teams.

The other umpire Koertzen stood in 209 ODIs, a record, and in 108 Tests before retiring in 2010. On accepting the offer, he said: "We all know that Pakistan is going through a trying phase and we in the cricket family need to do what we can to help. It remains a very vibrant cricketing nation that always impresses us with its resilience. I have never had any problem umpiring in Pakistan, and I am actually looking forward to go over and catch up with old friends."

Pakistan Cricket News: PCB brings in international officials for PSL | ESPN Cricinfo

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Latest reports are that more than 20 foriegn has confirmed to participate

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
TTP and Taliban would not allow this as playing cricket is against the tanets of Islam...

You know what happened to Afghan football....

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
TTP and Taliban would not allow this as playing cricket is against the tanets of Islam...

You know what happened to Afghan football....
but unlike indian govt we don't accept Terrorists interference in our govt establishment even though if they kill innocent,does suicide blast or whatever
(RSS involved in indian establishment indirectly)

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
but unlike indian govt we don't accept Terrorists interference in our govt establishment even though if they kill innocent,does suicide blast or whatever
The govt in Pakistan can not run one day without permission of Allaha, Mullaha and Army ( all terrorists)....

So you will have to take permission of terrorist to do any thing in Pakistan.... I do not think this will be successfull. Moreover in India they pay more than 30 crores to one player. You will have to sell your nuclear bombs to pay that kind of money.

RSS in India is a cultural organisation.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
[SUP][/SUP]
The govt in Pakistan can not run one day without permission of Allaha, Mullaha and Army ( all terrorists)....

So you will have to take permission of terrorist to do any thing in Pakistan.... I do not think this will be successfull. Moreover in India they pay more than 30 crores to one player. You will have to sell your nuclear bombs to pay that kind of money.

RSS in India is a cultural organisation.
Oh yes yes
you guys are super rich

though common sense should be used atleast some time
Diamond player(majority of the foriegn player will be in diamond category will get upto 55cores(INR..correct me 1USD=55INR)?

rest of the post will be way too off from this thread

jalsa

Pakistan Super League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pakistan Super League (PSL; Urdu: پاکستان سپر لیگ"Ž) is a major professional Twenty20 cricket league of 5 franchised member clubs. Headquartered in Lahore, the PSL will become the premier professional cricket league in Pakistan replacing the Faysal Bank T20 Cup. The inaugural 2013 season will begin on 26 March 2013.

Auction Slabs
Managing Director of the Pakistan Super League (PSL, Salman Sarwar Butt has announced five categories of players for the tournament. During a news conference, Butt said players would be paid up to $100,000 according to the category they were chosen in.

Category Price ($)
Diamond $100,000
Platinum $70,000
Gold $50,000
Silver $25,00
Emerging $5,000-$10,000

Value
The value of the upcoming Pakistan Super League (PSL) is being estimated in being in "excess of $100 million" according to Lorgat.

Season
The inaugural season will be played over 15 days and would involve a total of 23 matches, being at a single venue. Teams will play each other twice in a league format before the top four teams qualify for the semi-finals.

Future Expansion

The PCB has ambitious plans to expand the league in the fourth season to eight teams with a 59-match tournament. these will be played in Karachi.

Television and Radio

Signing a broadcast deal by the PCB will be done before the end of February 2013. PTV Sports, TEN Sports and Nimbus Entertainment are rumoured to be part of the deal as well as Power FM 99.
Only $100000 for Diamond Klass Players? that is about 50Lakh INR.

Defcon 1

Country flag
[SUP][/SUP]

Oh yes yes
you guys are super rich

Diamond player(majority of the foriegn player will be in diamond category will get upto 55cores(INR..correct me 1USD=55INR)?

Diamond player=55 lakh INR, not 55 crore

johnnyboy

[SUP][/SUP]

Is it a joke? or, calculation gone wrong?

$100,000 = 55,00,000 INR = Among the lowest bids in IPL

Heck, even the likes of Vinay Kumar got 10 times this amount. In fact your own Azhar Mahmood pocketed $200,000.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@rock127 this is exactly my point. You are seeing open proof here;).

Lets start being realistic...

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblood

Pakistan passes Swat Sharia deal

Politicians hope the deal will end a two-year insurgency

Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari has signed a controversial bill introducing Islamic Sharia law to the Swat region, say reports.

The move comes after parliament passed a resolution urging Mr Zardari to honour a promise made to the Taleban. :lol::lol::lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7996560.stm

Last edited:

Shirman

Country flag
Well to our dear Paki member

1). Unlike Bilawal-e-Bitch Hina Rabani Khar we don't get insulted n bad reputed when Hazrat Osama pops out of Paki military compound and like a shameless bitch (she n the country she represents) openly says to Fareed Zakaria Of CNN that Paki ISI has Strategic tie-ups with Islamic n Jihadi agencies which U.S. calls terrorist n wild animals...

2). And our Prime minister does't openly admit like Paki's prime minister....We know our PM is good for nothing creature but he does not says the following sentences....
Terrorism has damaged Islam's image: PM :- Terrorism has damaged Islam's image: PM - thenews.com.pk

So Farhaan baby before calling ShivSena RSS a terrorist spare some though for :-
1). Hizbul Mujahadeen
2). Lashkar e Toiba
3). SIMI aka Student islamic movement of India
4). Indian Mujahadeen
5). Harkat UL Jihad e Islami aka Huji and more to follow........

So buddy if u hate SAFFRON colour of Shiv Sena Terror u must realise how much we hate Paki n these Islamic terrorist GREEN colour terror.......

ganesh177

Country flag
But what if the players get attacked by taliban again?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
But what if the players get attacked by taliban again?
any pakistan said what if in indian for ipl the foriegn player get aids?
anyone said so?what if by mistake the foriegn player drink indian cola instead of dew?

what?

anyone said so when IPL was to start?

ganesh177

Country flag
any pakistan said what if in indian for ipl the foriegn player get aids?
anyone said so?what if by mistakenly the foriegn player drink indian cola instead of dew?

what?

anyone said so when IPL was to start?

foreign player have already got attacked in past, so what i asked is a genuine concern .

Aids, cola, or dew are the personal choice and life of the players, why wud anyone be botherd about it.

But protecting the life of the players is the states responsibility, and the matter of big concern.

Hence i ask again, what if players get attacked AGAIN ?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Diamond player=55 lakh INR, not 55 crore
Is it a joke? or, calculation gone wrong?

$100,000 = 55,00,000 INR = Among the lowest bids in IPL

Heck, even the likes of Vinay Kumar got 10 times this amount. In fact your own Azhar Mahmood pocketed $200,000.
foreign player have already got attacked in past, so what i asked is a genuine concern .

Aids, cola, or dew are the personal choice and life of the players, why wud anyone be botherd about it.

But protecting the life of the players is the states responsibility, and the matter of big concern.

Hence i ask again, what if players get attacked AGAIN ?
they will be given the best security available

beside this in oct one 2 international match aka world 11 are played and nothing happened

they will be given highest available security.with bullet proof buses and high protocol security

even if 10 foriegn player participate this time.it is a big achievement

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles