Pakistan Sets Eyes on China’s New J-35 Fighter Jet That Takes on America’s Best F-35

WolfPack86

Country flag
China’s latest stealth capable fighter jet J-35, under development as a part of FC31 project, will start flying in 2021 with production expected to start before 2025, Chinese and US media have reported.

The fifth-generation J-35 is a direct competition for American stealth fighter F-35 and reports state that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has set its eyes on the new Chinese fighter aircraft in response to India’s purchase of French Rafale.

According to the experts, the J-35 is a production-ready version of J-31, which bears a strong resemblance to F-35. The J-31 was originally planned to enter into service with the People’s Liberation Army of China by 2019 after being first unveiled in 2012, however, China’s inability to produce high-performance afterburning turbofan engines somewhat halted the progress of the aircraft.

With J-35 likely to be a revamped version of J-31, it is understood that China is confident that it can develop its own high-performance jet engines. The J-31 was earlier powered by Klimov RD-33 engines, the same as being used in Russian MiG-29 jets.

Experts believe that the J-35 will likely replace fourth-generation fighter J-10 because of its advanced tech and stealthy design. Renowned science and technology magazine, Popular Mechanics, wrote that the J-35 will make the Chinese Air Force more capable than ever.

If the new jet is indeed the J-35 and China builds large numbers of them, it will create a Chinese air force to be reckoned with.
According to the reports, the cost of the fighter jet will be around $70 million. In comparison, the F-35 is valued at $79 million whereas the French Rafale fighter costs $77 million. To maintain balance of power in South Asia, Pakistan will have to buy stealth-capable J-35 multi-role fighter jets in response to India’s Rafale.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
A few points that have to be discussed If Pakistan plans to Induct J-31 Aircraft

1) Yes Pakistan will definitely induct a fifth generation aircraft, If India inducts Sukhoi FGFA Aircraft in large numbers or If India inducts more number of Rafales

2) Will China give these fighter Jets to Pakistan as Aid, As Obama Administration offered Israel some 20 F-35 Fighter Jets to get some concession regarding settlements in West Bank? If china donates as Aid how many Jets can Pakistan acquire?

3) One Topic that has been paid less attention in its Indian Defence forums are Pakistan Airforce obsolete Aircraft inventory, Pakistan In fact Operates more third generation Jets than India and will not be replace them all on one to one basis, despite Induction of JF-17 Thunder Aircraft in large numbers, my question is whether the proposed Chinese J-31 Aircraft will replace Pakistan Mirage III or V Aircraft in numbers?

4) Pakistan also started Project AZM to develop and induct Fifth Generation Fighter? I believe any Fifth generation fighter as of now going by standards of F-22 Raptor cannot be inducted in large numbers due to their sheer operating costs and maintenance schedules? My question will Pakistan have 2 Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft assuming AZM Project is successful and J-31 is also inducted?

I request answers for 2nd,3rd and 4th question by aviation experts? 1st question is my answer to above thread based on my analysis about Pakistan

Akula

Country flag
A few points that have to be discussed If Pakistan plans to Induct J-31 Aircraft

1) Yes Pakistan will definitely induct a fifth generation aircraft, If India inducts Sukhoi FGFA Aircraft in large numbers or If India inducts more number of Rafales

2) Will China give these fighter Jets to Pakistan as Aid, As Obama Administration offered Israel some 20 F-35 Fighter Jets to get some concession regarding settlements in West Bank? If china donates as Aid how many Jets can Pakistan acquire?

3) One Topic that has been paid less attention in its Indian Defence forums are Pakistan Airforce obsolete Aircraft inventory, Pakistan In fact Operates more third generation Jets than India and will not be replace them all on one to one basis, despite Induction of JF-17 Thunder Aircraft in large numbers, my question is whether the proposed Chinese J-31 Aircraft will replace Pakistan Mirage III or V Aircraft in numbers?

4) Pakistan also started Project AZM to develop and induct Fifth Generation Fighter? I believe any Fifth generation fighter as of now going by standards of F-22 Raptor cannot be inducted in large numbers due to their sheer operating costs and maintenance schedules? My question will Pakistan have 2 Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft assuming AZM Project is successful and J-31 is also inducted?

I request answers for 2nd,3rd and 4th question by aviation experts? 1st question is my answer to above thread based on my analysis about Pakistan
Pakistan AZM project is J-31.

Concard

Country flag
Can't they be atleast innovative with the name? J-35 is the answer to F-35. Wah..Even after becoming 2nd largest economy and having massive financial resources if the Chinese has to steal and copy others, they aren't going to go too far in this super power game. Even the fucking name with just a change in single letter...God.

cereal killer

Country flag
I doubt US will ever let that happen. I think Iran as of now has got more chances of having J35 in coming years than porkies but never say never. However there is no comparison of F 35 & J35... J35 may be poor man's SU 57 at best:playball:

IndianHawk

Country flag
One more doubt? will it be costlier than the F-16 Block 52 which they are currently Operating? Please forgive for my repeated questions?
If it's really stealth it will cost 4-5 times more than f16 at the minimum unless it's produced in huge numbers like f35.

And then it will cost more than su30mki to operate and much much more to maintain the stealth skin.

Conclusion Pakistan can't afford it.

And if it comes cheap than it's not going to be stealth . It will just be a propaganda plane .

Tupac slayer

Country flag
If it's really stealth it will cost 4-5 times more than f16 at the minimum unless it's produced in huge numbers like f35.

And then it will cost more than su30mki to operate and much much more to maintain the stealth skin.

Conclusion Pakistan can't afford it.

And if it comes cheap than it's not going to be stealth . It will just be a propaganda plane .
Thank you for the clarification I hope Induction of Chinese J-31 in Pakistan will be around 2035

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles