Pakistan says it should be allowed to buy uranium

SixSigma1978

Can someone tell me why Pakistan has to piggy back on anything India pulls off?
This cowherd nation could NEVER manage to get any worthwhile deal like the Indo-US Nuclear Deal, the MMRCA Deal, the Nuclear Waiver and now the Australian Uranium deal. It could only backdoor entry into its sole nuclear group- and only with China, and that too because Chinese know no one else can trade with Pakistan in the first place.

Yet it doesnt stop the maddeningly pathetic whining repeated of the Pakistanis " If India gets it , we should get it too!!!!"
Pakistanis just don't get the message : YOU have AQ Khan and the Nuclear Proliferation fiasco haunting you!! Out of the 8 de-facto nuclear nations - PAkistan is the ONLY one which has behaved irresponsibly!! And despite Pakistan's whinings - it didnt get those ancient F-16s, it didnt get a nuke deal with US (your Natural ally), it wasn't given any waiver by the Nuclear Suppliers Group. At the very opposite - the world still debates how to prevent Pakistani nukes from falling into Islamic Jihadist's hands. That very logic presupposes Pakistan will never get any such deal - Primarily because of the Jihadist threat thats here to stay in Pakistan!!!!

They KNOW this - yet they smack their lips in anticipation and whine and moan as soon as India pulls of any major strategic deal - knowing fully well other than piggybacking India or by using their usual blackmail threat "This will push South Asia into a more dangerous trajectory" by waving their nuclear trump card at any such deal!!!

Pakistan says it should be allowed to buy uranium

MARK COLVIN: Pakistan says that if Australia sells uranium to India, it too should be eligible for exports of the product. India's chief rival is also a nuclear power and, like India, a non-signatory of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Pakistan says it could use Australian uranium to boost its civilian nuclear power program. And its High Commissioner to Australia says it would be discrimination to sell to India and not to Pakistan.

Michael Edwards reports.

MICHAEL EDWARDS: Much of Pakistan's foreign and military policy is driven by a rivalry, some say fear, of its nearest neighbour and biggest enemy, India.

It says it's not against uranium sales to India but that if they do go ahead they should also be available to Pakistan, whose High Commissioner to Australia is Abdul Malik Abdullah.
Source : ABC

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
their ego, false pride and inferiority complex still makes them think that they are superior to evil hindoo India.

SHASH2K2

first of all they should be allowed to buy high quality grass to feed their population.This waiver should be condition free. after all they need to feed their people.:D

Galaxy

Country flag
Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan

CANBERRA: Australia has no plans to consider selling uranium to Israel or Pakistan despite moving to open up uranium sales to India, Prime Minister Julia Gillard said on Tuesday.

Gillard said she wants the ruling Labor party's national conference in December to overturn a ban on uranium sales to countries which have not signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, to allow sales to India.

Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan | World | DAWN.COM

Poseidon

Country flag
Sorry,kids are not allowed to buy things meant for adults.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Foolish Pakis, always trying an 'equal equal' with India. The reality is that the world considers Pakisatan to be a rogue state. An irresponsible nuke-proliferating rogue state. You will have to live with that stigma, Pakis.

SPIEZ

Country flag
You all are foolish idiots, if you think the pukes won't get their hands on uranium.

They pukes tested their nuclear weapons, sold their nuclear technology in the black market, aided rouge states in development of their nuclear weapons.

With such a history and no NSG waiver they have got themselves two 2000MW nuclear power-plants.

On the other hand, we are still begging the world for nuclear technology for civilian use, when we had never aided nuclear proliferation.

Blackwater

keeping in mind pak has more than 100 nukes. Keeping in mind all terror factory are in pak. Keeping in mind pak will use all those uranium to build bomb and not electricity.

why pak thinks she is at par with India. she should see her aukat before demanding uranium

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
They know they ain't getting Uranium, this is just a plan to jeopardize India's efforts. these guys are incorrigible.

SPIEZ

Country flag
They know they ain't getting Uranium, this is just a plan to jeopardize India's efforts. these guys are incorrigible.
I m not certain of that. They even might get the uranium much earlier than us.
IMO, we are still at the global stage asking for permission to get civilian nuclear technology, while the pukes have already gotten their hand on two reactors, despite proliferation of nuke tech to rouge states.

SHASH2K2

I wonder which country sold them uranium to make 200 bombs. Thats not a small quantity and cannot be smuggled.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I m not certain of that. They even might get the uranium much earlier than us.
IMO, we are still at the global stage asking for permission to get civilian nuclear technology, while the pukes have already gotten their hand on two reactors, despite proliferation of nuke tech to rouge states.
I meant from Australia, China is a different story altogether.

Country flag
If Pakistan is given the ok for uranium then Iran and North Korea should also should be allowed to buy uranium. NPT was designed with India in mind but Pakistan nd China are helping India more then ever in destroying the NPT.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I m sure they get their hands on uranium much before we do.

Country flag
:facepalm:

Which Uranium ?

They have their own mines (so do we).
They have mines but they are using 60 year old centrifuge technology which is a lengthy process taking upto 5 years. With India's nuclear agreements India will have access to the latest reprocessing technology and India has developed latest tech too, this became a sticking point with US in the nuke deal.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Which Uranium ?

They have their own mines (so do we).
I wasn't aware the pukes had nuke wells.

However we do not have much of uranium, which isn't high quality either right. Otherwise why do we want to import uranium ?

Country flag

However we do not have much of uranium, which isn't high quality either right. Otherwise why do we want to import uranium ?
Because bureacracy in India is preventing exploration and mining.

Defcon 1

Country flag

i have heard that we have good mines somewhere south, karnataka i think.....and they haven't been developed to their full potential.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles