Pakistan says India PMs remarks unacceptable

Calanen

Manmohan Singh's remarks unacceptable: Pak

17 Jun 2009, 1821 hrs IST, PTI
:
ISLAMABAD: Apparently irked by prime minister Manmohan Singh's blunt message to president Asif Ali Zardari in front of media that Pakistan should
not allow its soil for terrorism against India, Islamabad on Wednesday said his remarks were "unacceptable".

In a statement made in the Senate or Upper House of Parliament, minister of state for foreign affairs Malik Ahmad Khan said Singh's comments made during his meeting with Zardari in Russia on Tuesday were unacceptable to Islamabad. ( Watch )

During the meeting on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit in Russia, Singh told Zardari: "I am extremely happy to meet you, but my mandate is limited to telling you that the territory of Pakistan must not be allowed to be used for terrorism against India."

Malik Ahmad Khan said Pakistan had asked the Indian government not to resort to "aggressive media statements" and clear the air by talking directly with Pakistan instead of using the media. "I would still ask India to come to talks as engagements would be fruitful rather than estrangements," he said.

Pakistan will never allow any force to use its soil for terrorist activities directed against any country, he said.

"During the past six months, Indian officials uttered some inappropriate statements about their certain reservations which were totally against diplomatic norms," Khan said.

http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/Manmohan-Singhs-remarks-unacceptable-Pak/articleshow/4667740.cms

[It is clear these requests to stop terrorism were Islamophobic and racist and Islamoracistphobic. Very intolerant. ]

luckyy

M N Singh told Zardari: "I am extremely happy to meet you, but my mandate is limited to telling you that the territory of Pakistan must not be allowed to be used for terrorism against India."

this unaccepable to them ?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
[It is clear these requests to stop terrorism were Islamophobic and racist and Islamoracistphobic. Very intolerant. ]
How is it crystal clear to you that this is a Islamoracistphobic requests :mornin:.

Just as a info, if you are not aware, India is home to 150 million muslims and our constitution guarantees equal rights to every citizen irrespective of religion. The request made by our to Pakistani PM is to stop sponsoring and exporting terrorism to India as a state policy and Islam doesn't come into picture at all. Your attempt to get racism into this to score some brownie points, just because some body said the recent attacks on Indians in Australia might be racially motivated, is very pathetic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hardly racist if one is merely stating that terrorism spawned in a country against another country is unacceptable!

So the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is basically racist?:eek:

Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Calanen

I think some people need their sarcasm meters readjusted, or put in for a service.

Of COURSE it wasn't racist, islamophobic, or anything else. But Pakistan said it was 'unacceptable' nonetheless. Why is it unacceptable?

Huge sprawling Lashkar El Toiba bases operate in Pakistani regions. Everyone knows where they are. Why is this permitted? They were the guys behind the Mumbai attacks (which appears to have been a combined operation between LET and AQ).

Calanen

I'll have to put this in my next post using sarcasm:

I realise many user's first language is Hindi, so, subtleties of sarcastic posts may shoot overhead. The reason for the post, was that in my view, almost any attempt at stopping islamic terror is labelled as racist and islamophobic. I thought the use of teh made up term Islamoracistphobic would have been a good tip-off that I was joking.

If I was India, I would be saying, you are going to help me carpet bomb LETs bases, and the Taliban bases. A joint operation between Indian and Pakistani forces. Let's be serious about this. This whole double game where you try just enough to get some more money from America, is outrageous.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag

If I was India, I would be saying, you are going to help me carpet bomb LETs bases, and the Taliban bases.
You are talking like Simi Garewal now. Who's getting the bombers to "carpet bomb" ?

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Malik Ahmad Khan said Pakistan had asked the Indian government not to resort to "aggressive media statements" and clear the air by talking directly with Pakistan instead of using the media. "I would still ask India to come to talks as engagements would be fruitful rather than estrangements," he said.

Pakistan will never allow any force to use its soil for terrorist activities directed against any country, he said.
ya right as if we are going to belive that half the global terroism eminates from pakistan

Calanen

You are talking like Simi Garewal now. Who's getting the bombers to "carpet bomb" ?
Nobody. Far better to pretend it's not happening and isn't there, and that by intense studying of the Koran, LET and AQ will realise stupid them, they got it all wrong, and that they have fundamentally misconstrued the benevolent religion to which they belong.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I realise many user's first language is Hindi, so, subtleties of sarcastic posts may shoot overhead. The reason for the post, was that in my view, almost any attempt at stopping islamic terror is labelled as racist and islamophobic. I thought the use of teh made up term Islamoracistphobic would have been a good tip-off that I was joking.

If I was India, I would be saying, you are going to help me carpet bomb LETs bases, and the Taliban bases. A joint operation between Indian and Pakistani forces. Let's be serious about this. This whole double game where you try just enough to get some more money from America, is outrageous.
You must also realise that many of us were also educated, not in Australia, but in England! Origin of the English language and ba.stardised elsewhere!

Each nation has a different sense of humour as also sarcasm.

Indians are a serious lot, Australians laid back and the British ooohlala, uppity and tongue in cheek!

There can be no Joint ops between India and Pak, for the simple reason that the Taliban is Pak's strategic asset and Pak will not allow it to be destroyed or made infirm. It serves her purpose to up the ante with India and keep the US and the allies 'actively engaged' and draining their finances and getting their soldiers killed! It serves the purpose of keeping its fundamentalist citizens happy too!

Flint

LOL Simi Garewal. I distinctly remember how she went on NDTV demanding that India carpet bomb/nuke Pakistan immediately.

Now you know why actors are dumb, and yet the media continues to patronize them and ask for their worthless opinions for each and every issue.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nobody. Far better to pretend it's not happening and isn't there, and that by intense studying of the Koran, LET and AQ will realise stupid them, they got it all wrong, and that they have fundamentally misconstrued the benevolent religion to which they belong.
You are having some misinformations regarding this .. organizations like Takfirwa-l-Hijra have a very different mentality which is way far from Islam and its teachings .it is often said that Ayman al-Zawahiri, the supposed number 2 in al-Qa'ida is central in Takfir wa-l-Hijra. Takfir members are not salafist but they are close to Kharijis sect .Mainstream adherents of Salafism reject the extreme position of the takfiris, denouncing them as a modern day version of the Khawarij

Shave the beard, wear a tie, have non-Muslim friends, drink alcohol, eat pork, have open sexual relations,killing innocents muslims and non muslims alike etc. These acts have no value in itself, the activist will only do as much as necessary to blend in .

CIA profilers had already compiled a dossier on Khalid Shiekh Mohammed's personal habits, including his alleged fondness for prostitutes and high living, and would be familiar with every potential weakness.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
LOL Simi Garewal. I distinctly remember how she went on NDTV demanding that India carpet bomb/nuke Pakistan immediately.

Now you know why actors are dumb, and yet the media continues to patronize them and ask for their worthless opinions for each and every issue.
Oh, you remember it ? Damn, that interview lightened up my mood during that time of crisis.
Completely agree with you. These dumb actors know not a think about the military and go on preaching on military and strategic issues.

I think she did what she's there for - entertaining. :D

Calanen

You are having some misinformations regarding this .. organizations like Takfirwa-l-Hijra have a very different mentality which is way far from Islam and its teachings .it is often said that Ayman al-Zawahiri, the supposed number 2 in al-Qa'ida is central in Takfir wa-l-Hijra. Takfir members are not salafist but they are close to Kharijis sect .Mainstream adherents of Salafism reject the extreme position of the takfiris, denouncing them as a modern day version of the Khawarij

Shave the beard, wear a tie, have non-Muslim friends, drink alcohol, eat pork, have open sexual relations,killing innocents muslims and non muslims alike etc. These acts have no value in itself, the activist will only do as much as necessary to blend in .

CIA profilers had already compiled a dossier on Khalid Shiekh Mohammed's personal habits, including his alleged fondness for prostitutes and high living, and would be familiar with every potential weakness.
You are forgetting the doctrine of Al Taqiya, and that all war is deceit. I am well familiar with all four main doctrines of Sunni jurisprudence and the main sole doctrine of Shia jurisprudence.

All of them require warfare against unbelievers and the supremacy of Islam through warfare. None of them require co-existence or even discuss it. The only Islamic doctrine that does, is the Ahmidayas, who are branded apostates and killed (primarily in Pakistan) for having the audacity to say that Islam should be non-violent.

If you can, please provide to me, the doctrine from one of the four strands of Sunni jurisprudence, which interprets the koran and the hadith to mean peaceful coexistence with other religions, no dar al harb and no dar al islam, and peace indefinitely with all other forms of state and religions.

If you can do this, I will be very very surprised.

Calanen

Bombing the LET bases would be reasonable. The difficulty is that Pakistan has nukes (if not very many) and is protective of its LET and other Taliban style bases. This double game must be exposed to the world, their ISI is up to its necks in support for the Taliban. The Coalition has killed Taliban that had ISI documents on them.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Bombing the LET bases would be reasonable. The difficulty is that Pakistan has nukes (if not very many) and is protective of its LET and other Taliban style bases. This double game must be exposed to the world, their ISI is up to its necks in support for the Taliban. The Coalition has killed Taliban that had ISI documents on them.
Ofcourse it would have been reasonable.

We were actually making fun of one of our celebrities who pretended to be a I-know-everything, and suggested carpet bombing of Pakistan in a news interview.

Country flag
what is unacceptable about that??? he didn't even mention that it is state sponsored terrorism.

johnee

Who cares what is acceptable or unacceptable to a terrorist nation like Pakistan?!! Indian PM simply conveyed his message. What I am interested in is what would be the consequencies(from Indian side) of violating(or ignoring) his message.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The double game is well known to the world.

Yet, it is not recognised by the world i.e. the West, because it does not serve its purpose. It requires Pakistan to advance its goestrategic interests.

The only route for US logistics to go into Afghanistan is through Pakistan. The recent Pak military offensive into Swat and now against Mehsood is because the US wants a sanitised area where its logistic chain is not interrupted by the terrorists.

The Pakistan establishment is well aware of this use this to ensure that the US finances Pakistan as also provide the necessary military aid, not so much against terrorism, but to arm its Army for a conventional war.

The Bush administration provided $ 1.9 billion of military aid and signed agreements for another $ 5 billion!!

The Taliban having realised the game plan has given a signal to all by bombing the hotel in Peshawar and has practically established its writ there, if the media is to be believed. Peshawar airport has closed down.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles