Pakistan Procuring 300 T-90 Main Battle Tanks from Russia.

garg_bharat

Country flag
see my point is, we are buying lot of things from Russia ranging from infantry rifle to choppers to AD missiles worth multi billion dollars and yet ruskies are arming our enemy
Why are you so worried. Did Russia make a pact with India that it won't sell to any other country. In fact Russia sold S-400 and Su-35 to China even before India. Why don't you object to sale to China.

I think your worry is not justified. India is buying from Israel and USA who are enemies of Russia.

Let us be logical.

We buy from Russia what we need and where price is right. If we do not like Russian product, we go to USA, Israel etc. This is a pure buyer seller relationship which should not be coloured by "friendship".

However India's relationship with Russia is broader than Pakistan's which gives India some leverage.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well, now we know where the IMF bailout is gonna land. I think this should be highlighted everywhere
I think it is good that Pakistan borrows money and spends it on defence.
This is the perfect way to make it bankrupt.

Arsalan123

Yes we want pantsir.i am not sure about tanks because we already want oplot tanks.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Pakistan was also about to buy SU35 and S300 ,these reports originate from paki sources then are picked up by our media for TRP ,this reports are propagated to keep the elite paki abduls morale high ,real reports like looming FATF blacklisting or TTP attack on occupied waziristan killing dozens of pakjabi forces are part of media blackout or when the propaganda doesn't work then come the spin like JeM Azhar sanctions are somehow India's defeat ,for the Pakis 'narrative 'matter.

Arsalan123

Piche dekho piche, piche toh dekho Niazi is standing with a begging bowl in IMF and BRF:rofl:
Economic problems are there but we will continue to buy weapons.jf-17 program is doing well.i don't think that we need tanks.more atgms will be good.

Arsalan123

Pakistan was also about to buy SU35 and S300 ,these reports originate from paki sources then are picked up by our media for TRP ,this reports are propagated to keep the elite paki abduls morale high ,real reports like looming FATF blacklisting or TTP attack on occupied waziristan killing dozens of pakjabi forces are part of media blackout or when the propaganda doesn't work then come the spin like JeM Azhar sanctions are somehow India's defeat ,for the Pakis 'narrative 'matter.
No su-35 and no s-300.they are fake news.we don't want s-300 because we already have copy of Chinese s-300.we are buying pantsir and I am sure they will buy some other weapons system as well.i am not sure about tanks and I am not sure about Russian intention because India will try to block this sale.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
No su-35 and no s-300.they are fake news.we don't want s-300 because we already have copy of Chinese s-300.we are buying pantsir and I am sure they will buy some other weapons system as well.i am not sure about tanks and I am not sure about Russian intention because India will try to block this sale.
Arsalan with all due respect, Jihadi ki maa ka bhosada . Save people from hunger instead of saving the failed nation by buying weapons.

Arsalan123

Arsalan with all due respect, Jihadi ki maa ka bhosada . Save people from hunger instead of saving the failed nation by buying weapons.
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha.bhai ghussa mere uper kyun nikal rhe ho!

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha.bhai ghussa mere uper kyun nikal rhe ho!
kya aap Jihadi ho ? Main toh Jihadi par ghussa hu. Else people living in western border of India should have proper food and life, that is all I am saying.

LordofLight

Country flag
Economic problems are there but we will continue to buy weapons.jf-17 program is doing well.i don't think that we need tanks.more atgms will be good.
Keep it up. Keep buying more and more weapons and make your jahil awam eat grass. Good job:clap2:

neeraj_

see my point is, we are buying lot of things from Russia ranging from infantry rifle to choppers to AD missiles worth multi billion dollars and yet ruskies are arming our enemy
Pakistan have Mirage fighter too . They have been using Chinese version of Ak 47 since decades USA UK Sweden everyone supply them with arms.

So can you make them not do it ?

Russia is doing what suits their politics and we must do what suit ours.

Even then most of these reports are pressure tactics or hit job by USA /western paid media Russia isn't going to give them any strategic big key weapons with a cost of losing India.

But they want Afghan to be peaceful too that's why they are trying to bring their influence on porks.

Let them play their game and we do ours. Our current relationship is of buyer and seller unless it improves.

So chill

garg_bharat

Country flag
India will continue to engage with Russia; and with China also to the extent possible.

Guys India is a big country with large resources. Pakistan cannot trounce India even in dreams.

The chances of a simultaneous attack from Pakistan and China are very low. China plays secretly. It will give arms to Pakistan free rather than fight itself.

India has worked constantly to improve relations with the West, as an insurance policy against China. This will continue.

T-90 tank is not a critical issue. We are getting stuff from USA which is far more critical than T-90 tank.

mystic avatar

Boss calm down.

Abraham is designed for plains and deserts. How many Abraham did USA put in Afghan theater?
We also have giant desert of Thar in Rajasthan and Kutch in Gujarat.

Russian tanks are more suited to rugged terrain.
Russian tanks are notorious for breaking down easily. Infect our own t-90 has faced many reliability issues.

India will not let Pakistan buy T-90 so easily. So no need to worry.
How will we stop Russians from selling t-90 to Pakistan? by buying more t-90 and killing our indigenous option? if that is the case then it is a straightforward blackmail by russians.

Buying defense items from any foreign country is equal to selling your sovereignty. Our indigenous weapons no matter how faulty come with no strings attached. No country has ever win war with imported weapons.

mystic avatar

Arjun IS overweight.Abrams was rejected by PA in 1980s due to same reason.IA can't operate tank of over 57 tonnes north of rajasthan desert.
Arjun secondary problem is components have to come from several european companies,particularly german engine.
Arjun has gaps in frontal turret due to visor position.
Arjun rifled gun is old design and needs to be replaced by smoothbore gun.
Arjun costs nearly double of t-90.
Arjun doesnt have commonality of parts and training with t-72 fleet,t-90 does.
Arjun requires 4rth tank member,T-90 only 3.Less manpower intensive,no need to train 4rth crew member in a time when IA is trying to downsize.
Arjun till now can only fire 500 mm at 2km apfsds,T-90ms will fire svinets-1 with 750 mm penetration.
Arjun capability to fire cannon launched missile in doubt.

There are valid reasons for army choosing T-90 as its main tank.Lessons of arjun will be applied on FRCV which will be main indigenous tank.Btw this news is probably a rumour.
I agree Arjun had issues but most of those issues were resolved in Mk2. No system is without issues yet we have habit of overlooking issues of foreign maal. Do people think T-90 is some alien tech with no issue???? it has many many issues some even critical.

Army tops just want reasons for rejecting Indian products. Just look at JVPC, Excalibur, Ghatak, etc. the list is long.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles