Pakistan: News and Discussions

Iamanidiot

no we are talking about Indian Morality, you take an reading pill

killing the people whom its protecting, well....

Indian Army and Police Tied to Kashmir Killings

the only people with a touch of reality & moral are Indians, thats it

but you people do encourage sadistic pleasure over killing of Pakistani soldiers, i really dont care whether it earns me a ban or infraction

finger lifting will be there no matter how much lessons of morality Indians

no one's talking about the sense of pride, but thing that amazes me is that those heroes are haunting Indian memories, they accept it casually every now & then

evidence

all you people have is a load of assumptions
Last time I checked the InA never used howitzers on its own people.Unlike PA.

Infact I lack empathy for pakistani deaths but i have the opposite feeling .The Pakistani are responsible for it.(Killing children and innocents is a great victory for allah isn't it not.Then why should we have empathy in the first place

Kaffirs lifes are insignificant for Pakistanis (Jehadhis and normal people alike)

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
no we are talking about Indian Morality, you take an reading pill
:yawn:

killing the people whom its protecting, well....

Indian Army and Police Tied to Kashmir Killings

the only people with a touch of reality & moral are Indians, thats it
Its a tough fight. The people flouting law will have to face the consequences.

It is an internal Indian matter. Pakistan is only digging a pit for itself by promoting terror in Kashmir. You have seen the consequences for Pakistan. That you have not really learnt the lessons is just typical as well.

but you people do encourage sadistic pleasure over killing of Pakistani soldiers, i really dont care whether it earns me a ban or infraction
Any support for terrorists killing Pakistani soldiers will earn the same treatment. Report any such posts.

finger lifting will be there no matter how much lessons of morality Indians
You can point all the fingers you want. Again a big yawn.

no one's talking about the sense of pride, but thing that amazes me is that those heroes are haunting Indian memories, they accept it casually every now & then
That is part of your identity crisis. Bandit and rapists of your own people as Heroes! lol.

evidence

all you people have is a load of assumptions
Prove that the video is wrong. It was reported widely in media.

DaRk WaVe

Last time I checked the InA never used howitzers on its own people.Unlike PA.

Infact I do not lack empathy for pakistani deaths but i have the opposite feeling .The Pakistani are responsible for it.(Killing children and innocents is a great victory for allah isn't it not.Then why should we have empathy in the first place
ROFL
you people want me to reply to the seem old rant that i have answered many times but somethings really don't get into heads

there's a whole thread about showing the Indian sadistic pleasure, I don't need to say a word on it, its speaking for itself....

Kaffirs lifes are insignificant for Pakistanis (Jehadhis and normal people alike)
who called on you to make assumptions?

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

ROFL
you people want me to reply to the seem old rant that i have answered many times but somethings really don't get into heads

there's a whole thread about showing the Indian sadistic pleasure, I don't need to say a word on it, its speaking for itself....

[quote
who called on you to make assumptions?[/QUOTE]

Zaid Hamid and company along with Hafeez Saeed

Kasab village watches 26/11 judgement on TV

Residents of Faridkot, home to the alleged surviving gunman of the Mumbai massacre, deny any connection with their wayward son but believe India should release him in the interests of peace.

The remote town in the Pakistani farming belt of Punjab province has earned notoriety as the home of Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, accused of taking part in the 72-hour bloodbath in November 2008 that killed 166 people in Mumbai.

On Monday, as the 22-year-old Pakistani prepared to learn his fate in court, some people in Faridkot, about 26 kilometres from the Indian border, sat in groups watching TV waiting to hear the verdict, said an AFP reporter.

The day before the sentencing, a hawker distributed a weekly newspaper published by Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which Indian and US officials believe is a front for the Lashkar-e-Toiba militant group blamed for the Mumbai attacks.

With Faridkot's wheat harvest in full swing, workers loading grain into vehicles to a din of folk music said they were sympathetic to Kasab's "good intentions" against an "enemy" country.

Around 10,000 people live in the town. Most of the population comprises of labourers and small farmers. Few are literate.

"Are they talking about our Ajmal?" 45-year-old Noor Ahmed asked, interrupting a discussion on how residents feel about the Indian sentencing.

"No. No. We don't know him," he said, sitting on a dirty cot in a small brick and clay room on the bank of Faridkot's canal.

"But we have sympathies for him being Muslim."

Residents said they would denounce any sentence India hands down to Kasab.

"Look, don't blame him. There is nothing wrong if he did it with good intentions against an infidel country like India," said Amjad Ali, a 60-year-old farmer with white hair.
"India should forgive him and set him free to improve relations with Pakistan," he added.

Bakhat Yar, 42, a farmer wearing a traditional grey shalwar khamis, said Kasab's father left the village years ago.

"We have never seen this boy in the village. Only his grandfather's haveli (house) is here," he said. "They have left this place, I guess."

Yar first said that Kasab should be found guilty and sentenced, then later retracted his remarks: "India should not give him the death sentence. After all, he is Muslim and if he did it against India, look what our neighbour India is doing."
http://Kasab village watches 26/11 judgement on TV

Only bastards with an extremely fucked up psyche will have these type thoughts

DaRk WaVe

I have a question, why the hell are Indians absolutely WORKED up with Zion Hamid, he has more following in India than Pakistan, can't you people just shun the obsession with that fool hardy Islamic Emiratic Idiot

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I have a question, why the hell are Indians absolutely WORKED up with Zion Hamid, he has more following in India than Pakistan, can't you people just shun the obsession with that fool hardy Islamic Emiratic Idiot
I have seen many Pakistanis trying to fob off this idiot as an Indian phenomenon!

Lets be clear. He is Pakistani. He appeared on your media. He has suport in your country, your media, your army (as per a Pulitzer prize winning journalist).

You have to own up to that scum. He is a non entity in India, our media has almost totally ignored him. Just some indians on forums enjoy his buffoonery for fun.

DaRk WaVe

zzzzzz

Its a tough fight. The people flouting law will have to face the consequences.

It is an internal Indian matter. Pakistan is only digging a pit for itself by promoting terror in Kashmir. You have seen the consequences for Pakistan. That you have not really learnt the lessons is just typical as well.
tough fight when it comes to India else its 'akin to genocide' huh!!

Any support for terrorists killing Pakistani soldiers will earn the same treatment. Report any such posts.
I don't need to tell ya about a thread based on sadistic pleasure of Indains

You can point all the fingers you want. Again a big yawn.
depends on the fingers as well

That is part of your identity crisis. Bandit and rapists of your own people as Heroes! lol.
hero is a word used by Indians only & now Indians are ready to help the people from whom these rapists & bandits originated
crisis that even Indians are suffering on one hand they talk about secularism when they have Muslim genocide & keep telling Pakistanis that they are converts which they have a population of like 200 million which is also a 'convert'

Prove that the video is wrong. It was reported widely in media.
prove it has SSG

DaRk WaVe

I have seen many Pakistanis trying to fob off this idiot as an Indian phenomenon!

Lets be clear. He is Pakistani. He appeared on your media. He has suport in your country, your media, your army (as per a Pulitzer prize winning journalist).

You have to own up to that scum. He is a non entity in India, our media has almost totally ignored him. Just some indians on forums enjoy his buffoonery for fun.
there are atleast 4-5 threads on him on this forum & almost on every discussions Indians drag him in, I never ever brought him up
this is only proving the obsession you people have with him, he's nothing more than our 'fox news', shun your obsession & stop dragging the idiot every where

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Maa jee tussi great ho!

Sunday, May 09, 2010
By Moayyed Jafri

LAHORE:

Mothers all over the world will be paid humble tributes Sunday (today) on the Mother's Day for their selfless and unfathomable love.

Although many argue that just a single day for mothers is not enough and say this association deserves to be honored and celebrated almost everyday, yet the World Mothers Day aims at expressing the gratitude.

This day emerged from a custom of mother worship in ancient Greece, which kept a festival to 'Cybele', a great mother of Greek gods. This festival was held around the Vernal Equinox around Asia Minor and eventually in Rome itself from the Ides of March 15 to 18.

The ancient Romans also had another holiday, Matronalia, which was dedicated to Juno, though mothers were usually given gifts on this day. In Europe, there were several long standing traditions where a specific Sunday was set aside to honour motherhood and mothers such as Mothering Sunday. Finally in 1912, Anna Jarvis trademarked the phrases "second Sunday in May" and "Mother's Day", and created the Mother's Day International Association which has been celebrating this day ever since.

Pakistanis too celebrate the day with zeal with every passing year. Special cakes, bouquets and purpose-built gifts hit markets before the second Sunday of May. Although prices of gifts vary, magnitude of expression remains there. Mothers love for their children is unfathomable and unlike any other relation one has they (mothers) don't measure sincerity and love through monetary superiority.

Courier services design special packages to facilitate the expression of love by those who are away from their mothers for unavoidable reasons. Over the past years, online buying has aided this scenario much to the relief of those living abroad thousands of miles away from their loved ones. Schools, colleges and universities across the country arrange special events, lectures, presentations and performances in this regard.

Women rights NGOs too play their part in holding thought-provoking seminars and rallies to pay tributes to this universal emotion of motherhood and honor all the mothers who make this world a livable place.

The News offices have received a lot of messages from children to express their love for their mothers: Some of them as follow;

Ali & Junaid: "Mother, you are the best thing God has made for us." Zara, Ayesha, Amna, Ali, Samad and Hassan: "Mom you're the best mom of the world." Ayesha Khalid: "Although you are up in the heavens with God almighty, I can feel your love and warmth on this special day." Narjis Mazhar & Zainab Mazhar: "We can never show how much we love you but just want you to know that we love you more than anything anyone can possibly love."

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
zzzzzz

tough fight when it comes to India else its 'akin to genocide' huh!!
The difference is the way the fight is being conducted. We have not used artillery or AF, not created hundreds of thousands of IDPs like PA did everywhere they went.

IA took more casualties to protect the Kashmiri civilians unlike PA which used foreign donated weapons of war from a safe distance.

I don't need to tell ya about a thread based on sadistic pleasure of Indains
Well if you have issue with a thread or post, you have the option to report. Mods may miss things at times. We are all working people, not full time on the forums.

depends on the fingers as well

hero is a word used by Indians only & now Indians are ready to help the people from whom these rapists & bandits originated
crisis
Again shirking your own responsibility.

A look at your history books and even the names of the Korean and Chinese missiles will make it clear.
that even Indians are suffering on one hand they talk about secularism when they have Muslim genocide & keep telling Pakistanis that they are converts which they have a population of like 200 million which is also a 'convert'
Do you know what genocide means and what it does?

When you have a genocide, the population of that community decreases to insignificance like all minorities have almost vanished from Pakistan.

Indian Muslims are increasing as a % of the population. Does it tell you something? Like how much delusional many Pakistanis are!

prove it has SSG
The video claims it. As far as I know it may be PA as well, not SSG.

If there is a solid proof, we can change the title.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

What about the Thoughts kasab and his ilk think.If Zion Hamid is such an idiot according to you why was he given prime show time on Paki Tv?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
there are atleast 4-5 threads on him on this forum & almost on every discussions Indians drag him in, I never ever brought him up
this is only proving the obsession you people ahve with him, he's nothing more than our 'fox news', shun your obsession & stop dragging the idiot every where
Here you posted from him despite claiming to hate him!

He is a buffoon agreed, one that had taken your country by storm and could have been your leader.

Check out the number of threads on him in Pakistani forums. Here he is very minor. We just laugh over him.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Juggun Kazim:A Model Mother

The bold and the beautiful, Juggun Kazim needs no introduction. The bubbly Lahori girl, with the real name Maher Bano, is no doubt one such person who came in the industry and conquered all. She explored all the genres of the showbiz industry from modelling, acting to hosting, and made her mark everywhere.
Her vibrant and spontaneous way of talking with a slight Punjabi tang immediately grabs the viewer's attention and stays indelibly in their memory.
Sweet and vivacious Juggun Kazim began her acting and modelling career as "Jay Kazim" in Toronto. Juggan's international projects includes films like "Pink Luddos" and "Sweet Destiny"; the two titles seem aptly suited to our gorgeous Juggun Kazim.
I have no clue why her character in "Saiqa" always reminds me of the story of Cinderella. It is impossible to forget her sensitive yet confident performances in Meri Un Suni Kahani, Sitam, Manosalwa, Sher Dil and Piyasi.
Besides hosting and acting, Juggun has a long list of commercials to her credit. Recently she has been chosen as the brand ambassador of an international hair colour brand.
Juggun has also acted in many music videos like 'Ek Baar' by Shehzad Roy and 'Chal Bulleya' by Mekaal Hasan band.
MTV's model of the year 2008, Juggun Kazim is not only a successful TV personality but a very affectionate single parent and an expert mom. Juggun's whole life revolves around her son Hamza Ahmed. Hamza is her motivation to do everything in life. In a conservative society like Pakistan, it is difficult to raise a child as a single parent but Juggun Kazim has been raising her child with great dignity. She definitely is a 21st Century Mother with wit, affection, a successful career, and boundless love for her child. The mother who can carry it all with effortless ease and success. This interview will help us discover this new aspect of Juggun as an 'expert mom.' Excerpts:

Can balancing a demanding career with the responsibility of raising a child ever really be 50-50?
Of course it is never 50-50! Actually raising a child is a full time job and I have to adjust my career according to him. I love my career but I love my son more. It isn't easy all the time but being involved with both can be quite a lot of fun and keeps me occupied!

What do you do when you feel pulled in different directions?
I just breathe. We live in a world where if you don't multi-task you can't survive. Life is about being pulled in different directions. We just have to roll with the punches.

Does your son ever have a hard time when you're leaving for work?
I have been working since Hamza was 2 months old. He is used to my going to work. Some days he gets a little worked up but then I either readjust my schedule or take him with me. Also I have such a great support system from my mother to Amina Chachi to Zehra and Mahnaz Didi, that he is always well taken care of and loved.

What's your schedule these days?
Hectic for sure but now I am at the stage in my career where I state my terms clearly. I don't work on Sundays. It is family day. Also I pick and drop Hamza to school myself so work starts after that. Finally I make sure I drop in and put him to bed myself and then go back to work again. I don't get much sleep but it's worth it.

How has your optimism helped you?
I have been blessed with a wonderful family, great friends and a gorgeous son. So I have all the reason in the world to be optimistic. Looking at the glass half full is the way to go. It makes me a happier, more functional and confident person. I enjoy the small blessings in life and that makes life more fun.

Now, as you have become the brand ambassador of a huge international brand, the new job must have its own demands. How are you balancing your role as a mother and a brand ambassador?
I am working with a brand that cares. They do not make unreasonable or unrealistic demands from me. When you work with people who respect your family situation it doesn't feel like work. So actually there isn't much to balance. Actually being a brand ambassador is one of the easiest and fun work commitments I have.

What advice do you have for women who struggle with working-mom guilt?
Stop feeling guilty about working! We live in an era where dual income households are a necessity. It is a known fact that working women spend more quality time with their children. So balance work and time at home and most importantly have fun with your kids. Give them hugs and cuddles and focused attention. Leave the rest to Allah!

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
The Drama World

by SAMEENA HAYEE
Karachi was recently dazzling when the stars alighted to celebrate the launch of drama serial 'Ijazat'. Having been bombarded by its promos, I was quite intrigued to find out what the serial was all about. Written by Seema Ghazal and directed by Misbah Khalid you can be sure of a power packed presentation coming from these seasoned veterans. Seema Ghazal is a renowned writer, and a serial coming from her pen spells success whereas what can we say about Misbah Khalid. Talented to the core, this lady is known for being choosy when it comes to work. She does not believe in quantity; rather quality is her mantra. She will do one serial a year but you can be sure of that one serial being equivalent to other directors' ten serials if not more.
And so the duo came together and the result is the captivating 'Ijazat'. The venue was filled by the showbiz clan from the serial as well as fellow artists who were there to show solidarity with their brethren.
The play has been produced by the production house of Mrs. Samina Humayun (Humayun Saeed's better half) and Shahzad Nasib. I have known Samina for quite some years, well not personally but because of my interaction with Humayun. She is one of those wives who believe in sticking by her man come what may. And when its time for work you can be sure of her complete support. So with such an ambitious and hands-on wife how can she be expected to stay in the background? That she has stayed away from the main action for such a long time is quite astounding but now that she's made her debut she has done so with a bang. Not just serials but Samina also plans to produce films, music videos, and documentaries with her enviable creative team by her side.
The evening started off with the red carpet activity followed by the happy hour where celebrities and guests could be seen mingling around and having a pleasant time. Soon it was time for the show and all were asked to be seated so that the evening proceedings could start. After showing the promo, the cast members, director and the writer came on the podium one by one to speak their mind about the story and their character. Aisha Khan, Sadia Imam, Seema Ghazal, Misbah Khalid, Sameena Pirzada, Jawaid Sheikh and Humayun all had something special to share with their audience. The cast of 'Ijazat' includes of course Humayun, Ayesha, Sadia, Munawar Saeed, Rashid Farooqi, Hassan Niazi, Faisal Naqvi and Qasir Naqvi to name some.
The story of 'Ijazat' is about an actor Hamza (Humayun Saeed) who has been blessed with a beautiful wife Muqaddas (Ayesha Khan) who is basically a simpleton. She is the submissive wife who can be manipulated by the husband anytime. Hamza's parents cannot get over the fact what a lovely girl they have for a bahu and how lucky their son is.
It is at this precise point that the scene changes and we see Hamza making an entry into a party where he is met by the ebullient Nijat (Sadia Imam) who categorically asks him why his wife never accompanies him to any event. She then acts coyly and requests Hamza to introduce her to some directors as he is quite popular with them. Nijat comes across as a manipulator who would go to any extent to get what she wants.
As our viewers will later learn Hamza seeks permission (ijazat) from his wife Muqaddas to marry Nijat and that is where the name 'Ijazat' springs from. What needs to be seen now is what upheavals Nijat brings in the lives of the people she has become a part of just to see her dreams come true. Will she tread over the hearts of all his family members, Muqaddas included and will Hamza let her get away with all of it? Or will the events take a turn for the better? You can only know that if you stay tuned to the play.
While talking about the serials already being aired 'Vasl' is quite an interesting one. Besides other issues they have also touched upon the sensitive topic of impotence in men. Hats off to the director for tackling the issue in such a sensitive manner without making it sound gross. It is also an eye-opener on how deceptive the seemingly nice guys can be and how it is purely luck that entails a marriage. Again Aisha Khan has done a brilliant job in 'Vasl' while Faisal as the guilty partner does a smooth job too.
And for all those who have been hooked on to 'Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan' please do not complain at the slow pace the drama seems to have adopted. The story seems to have come to a standstill and moves only at a snails pace. But then that is also the fate of quite a few TV dramas being shown nowadays. They are launched with a bang with a strong storyline and crisp direction before falling prey to the money-making ways of dragging the story as much as possible in the process making an extremely interesting watch a drab one.
Well, we've said enough for this week. Until next week, happy viewing!n

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Modern Mothers

by IRFAN MUZAMMIL
Motherhood is what all women claim they enjoy the most, and despite all the extra and unnecessary burdens that come with it, they call it the best time of their lives. But with time face of motherhood has evolved. Mothers are now even more accessible at facebook rather than face to face. We have a new category of facebook mothers now: they keep their status kids friendly and better than their kids' friends' mom, after all it's a tough world, you got to stay up-to-date.
Thanks to diapers, lost are the days when we used to hear our mothers cry about how they slept at a wet bed but kept us at dry comfy spaces, how their good night's sleep were sacrificed for the wellbeing and healthy sleep of their baby. Diapers are the most sophisticated and revolutionary invention ever, according to all new mothers. Good bye to those sanitary panties I grew up seeing on the washing line, dozens of them hanging with that blue shade. All dripping on the washing line as if it's a ship's mast lowered in honor of the one who just washed dozens of those triangular pieces"¦
Who can forget the immortal words of every 'dated' mother to her rebellious teenagers: mein tujhe apna doodh kabhi muaf nahi karungi. Most mothers don't breast feed these days, even with all the recent awareness about its long-term efficacy for a child. But who bothers dear, there are so many formulas available in the market, somebody has to buy and utilise them, on the other hand a lost hourglass figure can never be recovered. Gone are the moments when kids used to be under the impression that their parents are doing for them that no other person ever did. Now they tell you Ahmed's parents do it better and much more for him than what you are doing for me"¦ what's the big deal? No more filmi heroes screaming on our faces: Mujhe meri maan ki qasam.
Some old ladies even mock women who wail through the birth of their child, telling them how cowardly it is not to silently endure natural pangs of childbirth: You are not going to get any sawab out of this. It is not easy to be a mom in this era for sure. Today's mom has to be perfect in every way: her looks, cooking, social skills. A few years ago mothers used to be recognised through their kids but now kids are recognised by the position of their mothers. My eight year old cousin requested his mother to reduce her bulging weight a little because his friend's mothers' are very slim and she has become over-weight. Mothers complain that kids these days do not understand how difficult it is to reduce weight post-pregnancy. How to tell these little angels that they were the reason for these extra pounds? Genetics is a convenient scapegoat for modern moms: It is in our genes beta, we can't change our genes of course.
Modern mothers claim that motherhood has become exceedingly hard. It is tougher than ever, and our world is now as much a competitive world of mothers as it was once of only their children. Now mothers has to diligently sit with their children and help them finish their home works, spend hours listen to their stories of school friends, create arts and science projects with them. They complain that their own mothers were oblivious about their participation in extra-curricular activities: "We are now part of our children's classroom, their teachers, their lunch boxes and their social networking. We are more burdened than our mothers with the task of keeping the academic results of our kids full of accomplishments coz this is what families discuss and value. The more accomplished your child is the better mother you are considered. We have to now choose what colour walls and bed sheets will be most apt for our child's progressive psyche, which educational cartoons to let them watch, or what X-Box games to let them play, we have to be extra selective in our selection of words, not to say anything that might indelibly harm their sensitive brains. We have overburdened ourselves by taking responsibility of each and every aspect of their lives. Life seems to have become a mere race with everyone trying to be on top and we spend all our energies and strengths in improving our kids in every dimension of life while in past no parents cared with such minute details."
"With motherhood," another mother claims, "come those flashing expectations from in-laws, family and social circle: Now you will understand the meaning of true life and what's the worth of being a mother, it is a responsibility you would never feel tired of ever."
Raising well mannered and well groomed kids is indeed a big responsibility and no matter what background one is from only a mother knows her child the best. Most mothers need to realise that making their children pawns in their hands is not going to work for them or their children. Parents can provide their children with all the possible luxuries of life but it won't amount to much if they cannot afford to give them quality time. Blithe moments spent in an easy casual way with mothers, sharing and laughing together is what most children crave. All children these days deserve and demand the loving touch and warm hug of their mothers along with a little time spent with Play Station, X-Box, and internet.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Lyrical Movement​

by IRFAN MUZAMMIL
An exhibition of photographs was organised at Photospace Gallery, Karachi on April 26. The theme of the exhibition was 'Lyrical Movement' prompting photographers to explore the beauty of interminable movements through still images. Three young artists, Ayaz Anis, Nubain Ali, and Kohi Marri, took up the challenge and came up with extraordinary results. They were adamant that most photographs were captured on film and absolutely none were photoshopped.
Ayaz Anis is a Chartered Accountant but abandoned his job to pursue his passion with images. This was his first exhibition, and judging from his work, will be soon followed by many more. Contrary to other artists who explored far-flung places for creative ideas, Ayaz ingenuously drove to the now defunct Fun Land of Karachi seeking images of flowing light. He circled around the Ferris wheel, crept beneath the revolving planet, crouched under grand skeletal structures, played tricks with his cameras, and captured riveting images which reveals a beautiful symmetry of motion hidden under bright disks of revolving light.
Nubain Ali graduated in computer science and has been working in the advertising field for the last eight years. He started photography as a hobby and for the last two years worked as an assistant to the famous photographer Tapu Javeri. This was his first exhibition. Nubain travelled to the shrine of Baba Shah Jamal in search of beautiful symmetries and found it in the dhamals of Pappu Saeen, performed every Thursday evening. He found the shrine suffused with haunting sounds and smells of drum and incense. Himself a disciple of Sufis, Shah Jamal was known to have used drums and dance to preach his beliefs. The dhamals are packed with devotees and tourists swaying to the music, and working themselves into a state of ecstasy. The nights pound with hypnotic beats, air thick with miasma of smoke and incense, dhamals are performed by fakirs dressed all in red: the sanguine colour of Lal Shahbaz Qalander, each searching for their personal link with divinity. Nubain's images are an attempt to express the transcendental experience of dhamal through his work. The most striking aspect of his work is the contrast between sharp blood red worn by dhamal performers against the raven black of night. The dhamals are performed at a stupendous speed, and when captured at still films of Nubain, the performers seem to have dissolved into the soul of night leaving a trail of blood.
Kohi Marri has been working as a professional photographer for a few years now. His background is in architecture, engineering, animation and illustration. He started photography as a tool to study his architectural work but over the passage of time looking and capturing the world through the lens became his primary means of expression. He said, "Being sensitive to my surroundings helps me anticipate the right moment, and capture it within a composition that reveals it eloquently." He has worked on projects of all scales including editorial shoots, individual portraits, weddings, film stills, fashion shoots, commercial and corporate projects as well as lecturing and giving workshops at universities and schools. Kohi's pictures are an attempt to explore movement and to study motion through space to understand how space is occupied. He said that actions themselves have meaning; it is a conversation between the performers. He has always been curious to find what a particular moment of this conversation would have to say to observers, the deeper subconscious thoughts and emotions attached to certain types of movement, connecting the performer and the viewer. He likes to use shapes, colours, format, and framing emphasising particular aspects that bring the viewer into his point of view. His photographs were taken in London and Oxford shire during various concerts, private shows, and a flamingo festival. His pictures have tried to capture the swirling body of a dancer around musicians, and inside Kohi's still film, her body seems to have transposed into blaring yellow flames reaching out to the heavens completely oblivious to her surroundings. His pictures of flamingo dancers looks like brilliantly crafted water-paintings but are mere photographic creations of his genius mind.n

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
A Candid Talk With Fatima Bhutto

Growing up amidst violent deaths – including her beloved father Murtaza Bhutto – could not have been easy for Fatima Bhutto. But it's her family she credits for raising her to live with love, hope and optimism
by AISHA ASGHAR
Memories of her late father shadow Fatima Bhutto wherever she turns. In Songs of Blood and Sword, her non-fiction debut, Fatima has chronicled her many memories of late father Murtaza Bhutto and highlighted the alleged conspiracy behind his tragic death. "Every decade someone in this immediate family of Zulfikar Bhutto and Nusrat Bhutto's children is killed"¦" she writes, referring to her grandfather, the late prime minister and founder of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP). During the interview, Fatima's striking beauty and warm smile reveal little of her family's traumatic past, but the mask slips as she glances at her book on the table beside her." It's remarkable how every 10 years we have to bury a murdered Bhutto," she says, quietly.
She has no personal memories of her grandfather's death – as she was born three years after. "But I learnt of many things related to his assassination from my father," she says, calling it her first exposure to the influences of power. In 1985, Zulfikar's youngest son Shahnawaz was found dead in France. Fatima watched Murtaza and Benazir's frayed relationship come apart as her father struggled to understand his sister's reaction to a sibling's death.
Shahnawaz's death was also the fist time Fatima saw Murtaza cry. "Up until then everything was bearable because they had each other," she says, revealing the brothers were very close. "My father became a sad person. He lost weight, and he lost his smile, and his ability to laugh and joke." Her stepmother Ghinwa told Fatima that though she was only three years old at the time, her uncle's death left her with nightmares concerning her father's safety. "My mother tells me the sight of my uncle lying face down on the carpet stayed with me and that once, when I found my father sleeping in that position, I was terrified," she recalls.
She could not have known that just a decade later, she would be confronting those fears – on Sept. 20, 1996, Murtaza was killed in a police encounter near his Karachi residence. The day he died, she wanted to accompany him to the public meeting he was attending. "I just wanted to be with him but he said it was not safe," she says. "I said I would stay in her car and not trouble him but he did not take me. To this day I wish I had gone with him, maybe I could have saved him somehow. But I was a child. What could I have done?"
Having endured a lifetime of violence at age 27, Fatima believes today she is very sensitive to suffering and pain. "It makes it impossible for me to ignore any act of violence," she says, explaining her activist agenda. But she says it also makes her appreciate kindness, happiness, beauty and all the things that sustain a person trapped in the midst of that violence. She credits parents Murtaza and Ghinwa for instilling in her that love and optimism. "They were the most generous people, they had a wonderful spirit, and amidst tragedy they taught us to enjoy life come whatever," she says of her parents, who married in 1989. "This upbringing protects me always. It has kept me optimistic because I saw the bravest side of people in the worst of times."
Among the brave she would count Ghinwa, a pillar of strength for both Fatima and Zulfikar after Murtaza's death. "She is a phenomenal woman," says Fatima, emotionally. "She has never sought revenge. She told us anger is destructive and made it clear that violence is not normal at all. She made sure we led as normal a life as possible, whether in London or Karachi. We loved going to restaurants, theater, movies, reading books and enjoying music. We did everything to be a regular family."
Fatima believes her strength today comes from her family. "We are blessed to have each other and that is what saved us all," she says, adding, "People have gone through much worse. I have lots of privileges and a wonderful mother and brother." She believes in the Sufi philosophy that teaches love is above all. "I believe how you live and treat others reflects on you."
Which is why she was deeply saddened at the death of aunt Benazir Bhutto. "It was tragic that a fourth member of our family died a violent death." I was grieving for who she was before she became a public figure. In power she was unrecognisable from the woman I loved as a child," she says, adding, "I believe a lot of violence was done to her and she did violence."
And that is not how Fatima sees her own life playing out. For now, she's happy at home in Karachi with Ghinwa and Mir, Ghinwa's adopted son (Zulfikar is studying in London). The siblings are close-knit, and never fight. "Zulfi is the kindest person I know," says Fatima of her 20-year-old brother. "He is truly mature and now I go to him for advice. When he was younger I would dominate him and when my mother objected he would say, 'It is okay – she is doing it for my good'. Now my baby brother Mir bosses us all around," she says, laughing.
Having had a wonderful father and brothers who are "dignified and kind" Fatima, currently single, has great expectations from any other man in her life. "I think the man I would share my life with would have to be a survivor, to go through the worst and come out generous and unscarred," she says, adding, "So far, I haven't found anyone like that. And yes, he would have to have a great sense of humour, like my father." And while she's happy with the attention the book's been getting, she doesn't see it kick-starting a career in politics. "I am political, but I don't think of becoming a Member of Parliament," she says. But never say never, she thinks, adding, "If I ever became an MP, I would want it to be on my own merit. Not as a member of a dynasty."

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
I Love My Mom Because...

by IRFAN & RAHAT

Mothers are the light of our lives. They love us, adore us, cherish us and sacrifice their entire way of life to provide us a better future. We can take them for granted, occasionally make them feel unwelcome and get irritated, but during our most painful moments their smell is what we crave for, we pine for their warmth when nothing feels conciliatory, and hope that they would let us corral our arms around her. MAG asked a few celebrities about their mothers.
Excerpts:
1. I really love it when my mom...
2. My mom always tells me...
3. The best thing she does is...
4. It makes her happy when...
5. I like it when she...
6. The best thing she cooks is...
7. When my mom shops she likes to buy...
8. My mom's favorite household chore is...
9. My mom's favorite TV show is...
10. If she could go on a trip, she would go to...
11. I love my mom because she...

Muzna (Host)

1. appreciates me and is proud of me.
2. I can do better.
3. cooking.
4. I am happy.
5. buys me a gift.
6. Khowsuey.
7. she always calls me into buying something
8. nothing
9. she's off Indian dramas these days but she watches my show religiously.
10. Congo, Africa.
11. is everything for me!

Shaiyanne Malik (Designer)

1. sings, she has a beautiful voice.
2. that I am too hyper active.
3. she used to knit the most comfy sweaters ever.
4. she is around her family.
5. prays... it makes me feel secure.
6. she doesn't cook anymore but she used to be a great cook. Everything she cooked was delicious. I have childhood memories of banana fritters.
7. she use to love buying shoes and not just the type we buy at stores these days, they had to be hand crafted specially and they were in the most amazing vibrant colours. Now I think she enjoys grocery shopping.
8. my mom does not enjoy nor do household chores.
9. I think she likes it when I am in some talk show but what she loves is old black and white movies.
10. Canada because that's where her family is.
11. is my mom and because she married my dad!

Fauzia (Model)

1. takes care of me.
2. to be religious.
3. everything.
4. I pray.
5. I like her being religious.
6. desi food.
7. she shops for me and loves to buy household items.
8. cooking and feeding us.
9. she likes to watch news.
10. Dubai, hajj & umrah
11. is my mom!

Bushra Ansari (Actress)

1. hugs me.
2. to be happy.
3. ignores the problems.
4. sing.
5. is in a good mood.
6. a lot of things, karele ghosht, bhindi ghosht, nihari etc.
7. clothes most of the time.
8. decorate the room with photos of her grandchildren.
9. she doesn't watch tv much.
10. London.
11. is a great person and enjoys life no matter what is happening around. She stays positive and has the best temperament.

Nazia Malik (Host & Designer)

1. loves me, hugs me and gives me encouragement.
2. whatever I do I should do it with commitment and that I should never forget family values.
3. whenever I need a cup of tea, she always does it for me! Not that I want her to do, but she does whatever is going on in my mind, without me telling her.
4. do anything for her, be it cooking or pampering.
5. she looks beautiful, when she's wearing good clothes, wearing make up and is looking absolutely beautiful.
6. brain masala and pulao.
7. she likes to buy clothes for my nephews, oh and household crockery.
8. everything.
9. all dramas.
10. to my brother in the USA, or hajj and umrah.
11. she is my mom, she is always there for me, she prays for me and whatever I am today is because of her.

Feeha Jamshed (Designer)

1. knows what's happening around without me telling her.
2. to take care of myself.
3. she gives me unconditional love.
4. when I am working hard and showing that I am a survivor.
5. sleeps right next to me.
6. she doesn't cook much, but she used to make these spaghetti cheese stuff.
7. she hardly shops.
8. scolding the help around!
9. there was this show Full House before. We like to watch movies, Pakistani and Indian dramas together.
10. Europe, she loves Europe.
11. has helped me become whoever I am today.

DaRk WaVe

The difference is the way the fight is being conducted. We have not used artillery or AF, not created hundreds of thousands of IDPs like PA did everywhere they went.

IA took more casualties to protect the Kashmiri civilians unlike PA which used foreign donated weapons of war from a safe distance.

Well if you have issue with a thread or post, you have the option to report. Mods may miss things at times. We are all working people, not full time on the forums.
same old rant already talked about

killing is killing whether you use a 5.56 mm or 155 mm

Again shirking your own responsibility.
not shirking anything

A look at your history books and even the names of the Korean and Chinese missiles will make it clear.
Indians are forgetting their own history by trying to help the people from whom the 'rapists & bandits' originated

another Indian dilemma they are more interested in how Pakistanis got the missiles, they just love to say your missiles are North Korean & Chinese, when we will fire them at ya, do ask whether they are Chinese or Pakistani

Indians named it Prithvi we named it Gahuri =xD

Do you know what genocide means and what it does?
I know that but at least you should google it out & search for a standard definition of 'genocide'

When you have a genocide, the population of that community decreases to insignificance like all minorities have almost vanished from Pakistan.

Indian Muslims are increasing as a % of the population. Does it tell you something? Like how much delusional many Pakistanis are!
so how much race of Pakistan has vanished when you people say that some misguided air strikes are akin to genocide?

the increased birth rate has not hidden the massacre in gujrat, that also tells us 'something'

The video claims it. As far as I know it may be PA as well, not SSG.

If there is a solid proof, we can change the title.
the video was posted on many forums, that was back in 2007 & i am able to find this article about it, it was when peace deal was on cards & Sufi Muhammad was in picture plus situation was really volatile...
all soldiers were released later..

http://old.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2007/11/03/9030.shtml
http://www.dailymuslims.com/News-Articles/253.html

i can find the video in a bit as well..

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Music

Jihad @ $20 A Piece!

Salman Ahmed has finally launched his Jihad. After a high profile career in the local music world Salman has now decided – like Junaid Jamshed – to diversify. Starting Jihad at $20 Salman has modified Junaid's approach to hold on to a slightly fading career. Junaid went and became a Naat Khwan, making hamds and naats for local and foreign consumption and selling kurtas at his various outlets. Salman after building hype began this new career move or a means to attract more attention after his song 'Love Can You Take Me Back' (which apparently is not taking him back). The new Jihad is now out and is available for all who are willing to spend a little to get insight from Salman Ahmed.
In the book he says that when he was young he got his guitar smashed by some maulvi and gave up music for good. Sometime later he was asked by a few people to play and then he felt his Junoon (passion) for music and went back to creating it. Not bad at all, not bad. A good story line and a lot of mixed up notions as blending sufi to anything other than its tight parameter matching genres can be very unprofessional. I'm still waiting when Bono will publish his Crusade – awed by Salman's Jihad.
Looking at it from this perspective the entire scenario becomes a little comedy of errors. Not that Jihad is not a good idea, but where exactly would a book on modernised Jihad fit in the musical scheme of things. Marketing or advertising techniques? Perhaps! Let us take the liberty and joy of forecasting the next step Salman would want – give lectures and seminars regarding tolerance and using music as a moderation tool. How would that be taken? Starting at $20 a piece the Jihad (book) would surely have to go somewhere more than just lying in the shelves of book retailers and collectors. And seminars and speeches are what could well be derived from this venture! In the wake of what followed Junaid Jamshed's transformation it can well be said beforehand what Salman is out to achieve. The same product – no wonder – but in a different packaging. So is this a message about tolerance and global lifestyle? With Salman sitting like a Sufi saint on the cover of Jihad. Of course it is impressive designing but Salman can well adapt some better attire to fit the challenge of Jihad. As it is we saw a lot of meaningful directorial touches in the video of 'Love Can You Take Me Back'- The green guitar, the info pod with multiple religion signs transforming onscreen, the message of LOVE (pun intended) and when all world is lost due to Cyborg style wars how we will end up. A good show from the well recognised Armageddon signs. Let us all Jihad in $20 and then follow it up by sufi crossed with some modern style Qalandari guitaring seminars. Great going.

Nadia Ali Becomes Our Fave After Sandra!

Remember all the retro songs from the German artist Sandra. I'm not talking about her good looks; I'm talking about her singing talent. Maria Magdalena, Everlasting Love, Heat Of The Night, Hiroshima, On Your Way To India were some of the hits that Sandra performed. There were many others and in true sense of the word many.
After almost two decades the legacy has now been taken on by Nadia Ali who has truly become a fave of ours. (Refer to our earlier issues for a bio on Nadia).
Having also performed with our single personal favourite 'Schiller' Nadia is making music, that is reminiscent to that of the 90s era but in a manner that is more acceptable and purely palatable. She has strong vocals to engulf your senses and capture the audience.
What beats we are nodding to are from Nadia Ali's song 'People'. The track begins with some rich strings ensemble followed by a very euro kick, the snares and the percussion. Here is where Nadia brings in her delayed vocals. A wonderful progression of the chords and the vocal prowess that Nadia sports, have already brought this artist on the forefront of international music. The tracks are simply surreal and can well be treated as a musical treat, the same as Sandra's. The track is much like the famous European German Music revivals. This is a rare and very popular kind of music. It always has and will always make it to the charts. This is the kind of act that even Vital Signs tried in desi pop. It is popular music after all. And Nadia is doing a really good job especially after having been influenced by Schiller. Schiller is pure Euro German which is now a Nadia Ali style. Pleasant and beautiful music.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles