I Love My Mom Because...
by IRFAN & RAHAT
Mothers are the light of our lives. They love us, adore us, cherish us and sacrifice their entire way of life to provide us a better future. We can take them for granted, occasionally make them feel unwelcome and get irritated, but during our most painful moments their smell is what we crave for, we pine for their warmth when nothing feels conciliatory, and hope that they would let us corral our arms around her. MAG asked a few celebrities about their mothers.
1. I really love it when my mom...
2. My mom always tells me...
3. The best thing she does is...
4. It makes her happy when...
5. I like it when she...
6. The best thing she cooks is...
7. When my mom shops she likes to buy...
8. My mom's favorite household chore is...
9. My mom's favorite TV show is...
10. If she could go on a trip, she would go to...
11. I love my mom because she...
1. appreciates me and is proud of me.
2. I can do better.
4. I am happy.
5. buys me a gift.
7. she always calls me into buying something
9. she's off Indian dramas these days but she watches my show religiously.
10. Congo, Africa.
11. is everything for me!
Shaiyanne Malik (Designer)
1. sings, she has a beautiful voice.
2. that I am too hyper active.
3. she used to knit the most comfy sweaters ever.
4. she is around her family.
5. prays... it makes me feel secure.
6. she doesn't cook anymore but she used to be a great cook. Everything she cooked was delicious. I have childhood memories of banana fritters.
7. she use to love buying shoes and not just the type we buy at stores these days, they had to be hand crafted specially and they were in the most amazing vibrant colours. Now I think she enjoys grocery shopping.
8. my mom does not enjoy nor do household chores.
9. I think she likes it when I am in some talk show but what she loves is old black and white movies.
10. Canada because that's where her family is.
11. is my mom and because she married my dad!
1. takes care of me.
2. to be religious.
4. I pray.
5. I like her being religious.
6. desi food.
7. she shops for me and loves to buy household items.
8. cooking and feeding us.
9. she likes to watch news.
10. Dubai, hajj & umrah
11. is my mom!
Bushra Ansari (Actress)
1. hugs me.
2. to be happy.
3. ignores the problems.
5. is in a good mood.
6. a lot of things, karele ghosht, bhindi ghosht, nihari etc.
7. clothes most of the time.
8. decorate the room with photos of her grandchildren.
9. she doesn't watch tv much.
11. is a great person and enjoys life no matter what is happening around. She stays positive and has the best temperament.
Nazia Malik (Host & Designer)
1. loves me, hugs me and gives me encouragement.
2. whatever I do I should do it with commitment and that I should never forget family values.
3. whenever I need a cup of tea, she always does it for me! Not that I want her to do, but she does whatever is going on in my mind, without me telling her.
4. do anything for her, be it cooking or pampering.
5. she looks beautiful, when she's wearing good clothes, wearing make up and is looking absolutely beautiful.
6. brain masala and pulao.
7. she likes to buy clothes for my nephews, oh and household crockery.
9. all dramas.
10. to my brother in the USA, or hajj and umrah.
11. she is my mom, she is always there for me, she prays for me and whatever I am today is because of her.
Feeha Jamshed (Designer)
1. knows what's happening around without me telling her.
2. to take care of myself.
3. she gives me unconditional love.
4. when I am working hard and showing that I am a survivor.
5. sleeps right next to me.
6. she doesn't cook much, but she used to make these spaghetti cheese stuff.
7. she hardly shops.
8. scolding the help around!
9. there was this show Full House before. We like to watch movies, Pakistani and Indian dramas together.
10. Europe, she loves Europe.
11. has helped me become whoever I am today.