Pakistan muzzles pro-India voices in Pak-Occupied Kashmir with brutal force, human rights violations

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Pakistan muzzles pro-India voices in Pak-Occupied Kashmir with brutal force, human rights violations
Posted on: 08:30 PM IST Sep 29, 2015 | Updated on: 9:12 pm,Sep 29,2015 IST

• #Gilgit #India-Pakistan ties #Kashmir #Kashmir protests
    While the press is believed to be free in the Valley on the Pakistan side, it is in fact muzzled. CNN-IBN had caught the cries of freedom from Pakistan and proof of human rights violation on tape from ground zero.

Reacting to this, Pakistan government said, "Video shown on CNN-IBN is doctored. We don't control the media in PoK."

The Kashmir issue has been dictating Indo-Pakistan relations for decades. Recently, Islamabad derailed NSA-level talks by including Kashmiri separatists in the dialogue process as India protested their inclusion.

Pakistan has, however, maintained no peace process can be initiated without Kashmir on the talking table. As usual Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif even raised it at the United Nations.

But as Pakistan tries to make a case for Kashmir, its own house in PoK seems to be in disorder.

There are massive protests in PoK, demanding freedom from Pakistan aggression. These can’t be called sporadic protests, as the swelling crowd, and the police and Army presence to reign them in is a clear indicator that these agitations are not one off and are a force to reckon with.
    as it were
    Some protestors have said on camera that Pakistan has no right to use force on them and even that India is better than the neighbouring country.

Unrest in PoK, demands for merging with India, and the rising dissatisfaction with Pakistan considerably weakens Islamabad's Kashmir rhetoric against India. To top that, large human rights violations and illegal detentions will now question the grounds on which Pakistan has been claiming rights for Kashmiris.
    http://www.ibnlive.com/news/world/p...al-force-human-rights-violations-1122655.html
thanks for raising this thread which i liked
i also quote this article from the newspaper "the nation" of packland which makes it quite obvious that they absolutely
looove congi and hate bjp ......so we know who was on their side as it were

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Pakistani-daily-says/articleshow/49208628.cms

India-Pakistan talks possible only if BJP goes, Pakistani daily says

invitation to comment and if you feel what ive written is interesting, dont be shy to "clicke" :-
@angeldude13 @ @Ancient Indian @bose @brational @blueblood @anupamsurey @ersakthivel @Blackwater @bengalraider @cobra commando @DingDong @Hari Sud @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @mhk99 @Neil @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sorcerer @TejasMK3 @Yusuf @jackprince @Bangalorean @indiandefencefan @aliyah @hit&run @VIP @Razor @Blood+ @Screambowl @Sylex21 @ @thethinker @tsunami @Zebra @sgarg @Rashna @sabari @laughingbuddha @rock127 @I_PLAY_BAD

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
i also quote this article for the nation of packland which makes it quite obvious that they absolutely

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Pakistani-daily-says/articleshow/49208628.cms

Modi has just completed one year and few months... But the type of fear Modi & Doval has created in the mind of Pakistanis is to be seen...

Pakistanis should forget next 10 years for any talk... as Modi is also going to win in 2019 election too...

I_PLAY_BAD

i also quote this article from the newspaper "the nation" of packland which makes it quite obvious that they absolutely

invitation to comment and if you feel what ive written is interesting, dont be shy to "clicke" :-
@angeldude13 @ @Ancient Indian @bose @brational @blueblood @anupamsurey @ersakthivel @Blackwater @bengalraider @cobra commando @DingDong @Hari Sud @Kunal Biswas @LETHALFORCE @mhk99 @Neil @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sorcerer @TejasMK3 @Yusuf @jackprince @Bangalorean @indiandefencefan @aliyah @hit&run @VIP @Razor @Blood+ @Screambowl @Sylex21 @ @thethinker @tsunami @Zebra @sgarg @Rashna @sabari @laughingbuddha @rock127 @I_PLAY_BAD
Let them first curb their Army's powers to interfere in Pakistan's foreign policy.
Even then there is no possibility of BJP going. Let them face us now and solve the problem. These Congress bastards have tarnished the image of India that even a shit country like Pakistan is giving us advice. They are not even able to feed their population given their vast resources and limited population. Such a shit hole it is.

I am highly disappointed that a country like Pakistan is commenting on India's political future.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Let them first curb their Army's powers to interfere in Pakistan's foreign policy.
Even then there is no possibility of BJP going. Let them face us now and solve the problem. These Congress bastards have tarnished the image of India that even a shit country like Pakistan is giving us advice. They are not even able to feed their population given their vast resources and limited population. Such a shit hole it is.

I am highly disappointed that a country like Pakistan is commenting on India's political future.
Soft policy of congress has ruined us...Its true

Dark Soul

Tihar Jail
Banned
by end of this century POK will become part of India for sure. just wait for few years guy. firt we have to develop our evonomy like china. by 2050 India will become 2nd largest economy in the world. then..... ;)

thethinker

Country flag
Two Jaish-e-Mohammad militants killed, soldier hurt in Kashmir encounter

http://www.firstpost.com/india/two-...oldier-hurt-in-kashmir-encounter-2454432.html

Srinagar:
Two militants of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit were killed and a soldier was injured on Sunday in an encounter in Pulwama district of Kashmir, police said.

The encounter erupted after a joint team of police and army cordoned off Hari village in Tral in Pulwama and started a search operation following an intelligence input, police said.

As the search operation was going on, the militants, who were hiding in the area, tried to break the cordon and opened firing on the forces, Superintendent of Police (SP), Awantipora, Irshad Ahmad, told PTI.

He said two militants were killed in the encounter.

"They belonged to JeM and have been identified as Adil Pathan and Burmi," the SP said.

Army said a soldier was injured in the encounter.

"One Army soldier who sustained a gunshot wound was immediately evacuated and his condition is reported to be stable," an army spokesman said.

He said the operation led to the recovery of two AK-47 rifles and other "war-like stores" from the slain militants.

JeM has been responsible for several major attacks in Jammu and Kashmir and Delhi, including the one on Parliament on 13 December, 2001.

The outfit was founded by Masood Azhar, one of the three terrorists released in exchange of passengers and crew of the hijacked Indian Airlines plane in December 1999.

PTI

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am not in favour of stupid talks and waste of resources. Just keep secretary level talks , rest is just waste of time.

thethinker

Country flag
Pakistan press freedom under pressure from army

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...om-army-journalists-military?CMP=share_btn_tw

Journalists claim they are forced to self-censor criticism of the military after indirect threats from army officials

Hamid Mir knew one of the guests on his nightly television show had made a mistake the moment he blurted out the name of the country’s army chief without due deference.

“He just said ‘Raheel Sharif, Raheel Sharif’ without calling him general,” Mir says of a recent episode of his influential Capital Talk programme. “I knew immediately the words came out it would be cut.”

At a time of intense pressure on the media to cooperate with an army public relations campaign that is burnishing the image of General Sharif, channels routinely edit out or drop the sound on the mildest criticism of the military.

Even the country’s only Nobel peace prize winner, the schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai, was briefly silenced in early August when she said in an interview with Aaj TV that the prime minister had told her he was unable to spend more money on education because of pressure to fund military operations.

Mir fears that behind the pressure for self-censorship lurk “anti-democratic forces deliberately trying to undermine political institutions by giving more importance to the army.”

Leading journalists claim to have received indirect threats from army officials who warn them they are being targeted by terrorists or that their coverage is raising suspicions they have been compromised by the Indian intelligence service.

There is little doubt the military has rehabilitated its public reputation after the damage done to its popularity in the final years of the rule of Pervez Musharraf, the coup-making general forced from power in 2007.

Media workers say the current unbridled support for the army comes from the need to support the institution at a time when soldiers are dying in a war against Islamist militants. But it also reflects draconian new legal requirements placed on broadcasters. Last month the information ministry issued a sweeping code of conduct that made it a condition of a broadcaster’s licence to not air material that “contains aspersions against the judiciary or armed forces”.

Television stations were also required to have a “delaying mechanism” on live programmes to enforce the restrictions.

Last week the Lahore high court ordered Pemra, the country’s media regulator, to ban all coverage of the speeches and even photographs of the leader of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), the country’s fourth biggest political party, which is reeling from an army-led crackdown in Karachi.

Altaf Hussain, who runs the MQM from self-exile in London, was accused in court of committing treason for issuing an incendiary speech in which he lambasted the army and hinted top generals were involved in corruption.

Most media companies need little encouragement to stay on the right side of the army given memories of all-out war with Geo TV in April 2014. The popular channel triggered military fury when it aired accusations that the head of the army’s intelligence wing had been behind the near fatal shooting of Mir, its star journalist.

Cable television providers were encouraged to drop Geo from their lineup while advertisers deserted the channel.

Mir said his bosses tell him to avoid controversial stories because it will “make trouble for colleagues”. “They say mysterious people call the advertisers and tell them to stop advertising with Geo and then we won’t be able to pay salaries on time,” he said.

Even to suggest Pakistan’s army, with its long history of coups and indirect rule of the country, should stay out of politics is completely beyond the pale, said Mir.

The media has given little attention in recent weeks to a supreme court investigation of well-founded allegations of corruption within the army’s property empire. And there has been hardly any discussion of the slow progress in sending home the huge numbers of people displaced by operations against the Taliban in North Waziristan.

While the media enthusiastically covers stories about corruption and incompetence among civilian politicians, General Sharif receives fawning coverage. Last week Kamran Khan, one of the country’s most famous journalists, devoted much of his nightly show on Dunya News to what he claimed was a growing public clamour for General Sharif to be given a second term rather than be allowed to retire in November next year.

Pakistani journalists credit the general in charge of the army’s public relations department, Asim Bajwa, with crafting an image of Sharif as a dynamic general who was not afraid to take on the Pakistani Taliban.

Footage of Sharif visiting frontline troops or receiving foreign leaders in his office regularly push the country’s civilian leadership off the news bulletins.

General Bajwa said his job was simply to “share genuine information with the people”.

“We are not asking the media to do this or that, or to censor anything,” he said. “People appreciate the work of the army because the reality on the ground is improving.”

Abbas Nasir, a former editor of Dawn, an English-language daily paper, said it was unlikely General Sharif would want a second term given the anger it would be likely to cause within the army. But overconfidence could yet lead to the repeat of the disastrous mistakes of the past.

“My worry is this completely one-sided praise, if it gets to the head of some military leaders, may lead us back to mis-adventurism, whether that’s a march on Islamabad or some sort of an attack on India,” he said. “If you are constantly told you are great, sooner or later you will believe it.”

raja696

[edited] pakistani.... how can they kill innocent people? What did there small kids do..? If there is a covert war pak military heads and isi heads should be eliminated. So Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Images and content like that in post #51 regarding human rights violations and atrocities in Balochistan should be spread on Bangladeshi media and social media to raise awareness of the suffering of Baloch and as leverage against Pakistan continually supporting Islamist-terrorism in Bangladesh.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Images and content like that in post #51 regarding human rights violations and atrocities in Balochistan should be spread on Bangladeshi media and social media to raise awareness of the suffering of Baloch and as leverage against Pakistan continually supporting Islamist-terrorism in Bangladesh.
Dude why dont you add your voice at World affair board as well as a Bangladeshi.

There are many Indians there who forced out a Paki getting banned who was spewing venom against India.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
I am not that keen as I don't like the western media and many westerners think if you disagree with the western media or support narratives that conflict with theirs, you are a "conspiracy" theorist.

Indians do not have this blind, total belief in the western media plus I don't have time for another forum.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Modi has just completed one year and few months... But the type of fear Modi & Doval has created in the mind of Pakistanis is to be seen...

Pakistanis should forget next 10 years for any talk... as Modi is also going to win in 2019 election too...
I see # 3 after his name. I am talking in terms of intuitive image which I get after his name. Therefore in my opinion he will end up serving the nation for 3 terms.

bose

Country flag
I see # 3 after his name. I am talking in terms of intuitive image which I get after his name. Therefore in my opinion he will end up serving the nation for 3 terms.
by #3 Modi will cross 75 years ... a unwritten rule they are not in the Govt...

India needs another 10 years with 8 - 10 % growth and good Defense policy that will take India in top 3 position in economy & defense ...

I am not at all sure with any Non BJP parties ...

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
by #3 Modi will cross 75 years ... a unwritten rule they are not in the Govt...

India needs another 10 years with 8 - 10 % growth and good Defense policy that will take India in top 3 position in economy & defense ...

I am not at all sure with any Non BJP parties ...
If he continues to have vision for development and lead the nation than age should not be determining factor if we want to keep India on a road to become the leading economy of the world. We are not only facing challenges on the economic, social and two sides of our borders but we have few elements who will try to derail the hopes and aspirations of our true patriots. Before he retires he should groom the next PM who will follow in his footsteps.

A lot will depend upon the internal conflict in Pakistan. If uprising flares up from time to time than I am afraid the Army will takeover sooner than later to preserve their interests.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

30000000000000000 characters

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles