Pakistan is developing non-strategic nuclear arms: US experts

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
WASHINGTON: To enhance its nuclear capability, Pakistan is developing non-strategic nuclear weapons, and thus joining the ranks of countries like the US and Russia, an American think-tank has said.

India, however, not listed among five of the nine-nuclear weapons powered countries that has or is developing non-strategic nuclear weapons, said Hans Kristensen, director of the Nuclear Information Project, and Robert S Norris, senior fellow for Nuclear Policy, in a new edition of Nuclear Notebook.

"At least five of the world's nine nuclear weapons states have, or are developing, what appears to meet the definition of a nonstrategic nuclear weapon: Russia, the US, France, Pakistan, and China," they concluded.

In their report, the two US nuclear scientist wrote that the new weapon, the Nasr, is a 60-km ballistic missile launched from a mobile twin-canister launcher. Following its first test launch in April 2011, the Pakistani military news organization described the Nasr as carrying a nuclear warhead "of appropriate yield with high accuracy," with "shoot and scoot attributes" that was developed as a "quick response system" to "add deterrence value" to Pakistan's strategic weapons development program "at shorter ranges" in order "to deter evolving threats."

"This language, which has been repeated after subsequent Nasr tests, strongly indicates a weapon with a new mission that resembles nonstrategic nuclear weapons," they wrote.

Source:times of India

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well i dont know What will be the situation of western and our neighbours think tanks when we will test a submarine launched cruise missile

and i doubt kid nasr range is 60km.but they might not be revealing the actuall capabilities

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Good for Pakistan. They should develop more nukes and spend a lot of money on it.

Weapons but no doctrine.. Keep going. Pakistan is asking for trouble.

Blackwater

well i dont know What will be the situation of western and our neighbours think tanks when we will test a submarine launched cruise missile

and i doubt kid nasr range is 60km.but they might not be revealing the actuall capabilities
strange $$$$ kaha se ate ha????

anyhow how u can manage to develop nukes arms but not a car or train engine ????:confused::confused::confused::pound::pound:

Blackwater

more or different types of nukes pakis has or develop ,more it come on world radar

paki+ nukes+ khota dimag = Jihad====American doing jihad:taunt::taunt::taunt:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
more or different types of nukes pakis has or develop ,more it come on world radar

paki+ nukes+ khota dimag = Jihad====American doing jihad:taunt::taunt::taunt:
it depends upon in which sector you put the money more

such as Israel hasNt invested in automobile sector.and they have none
but this doesnt mean they cant develop automobile

Pakistan nuclear Program expenditure is above 2 billions usd annually.tha might be the reason

anyway plz read about Adam motors

Tolaha

A delivery system that is 60 kms or around that. One fires it and makes their own land, a radioactive dump. Even if it comes to that, only a Muhajir general would ever order for such a missile to be fired in reality!

Blackwater

it depends upon in which sector you put the money more

such as Israel hasNt invested in automobile sector.and they have none
but this doesnt mean they cant develop automobile

Pakistan nuclear Program expenditure is above 2 billions usd annually.tha might be the reason

anyway plz read about Adam motors
your total Forex is 15 billion $$$. Out of which 6 billion is ADP loan. 2 billion on nukes, Phir army ka expenditure , what other gets????

No wonder Railway, PIA , steel mill , gas, electricity, industry, education,health vanishes from pak land:pound::pound:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Because their designs are sub kiloton and they have no other option but to use them as battle field nukes. We will make sure they detonate those in their own territory.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A delivery system that is 60 kms or around that. One fires it and makes their own land, a radioactive dump. Even if it comes to that, only a Muhajir general would ever order for such a missile to be fired in reality!
do you even know What tactical nukes means

as said before
i doubt the range is 60km just for public

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
your total Forex is 15 billion $$$. Out of which 6 billion is ADP loan. 2 billion on nukes, Phir army ka expenditure , what other gets????

No wonder Railway, PIA , steel mill , gas, electricity, industry, education,health vanishes from pak land:pound::pound:
you seriously need some lecture related to economy from someone

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Because their designs are sub kiloton and they have no other option but to use them as battle field nukes. We will make sure they detonate those in their own territory.
designing a sub kiloton warhead is a very difficult task
and missile such as nasr are used inside own country
this is the reason they are called battle field range ballistic missile

nasr was developed keeping in mind the Indian fruitfull thinking of limited war

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
As you are the professor emeritus on tactical nukes, enlighten us please!
no i Am not
i guess countries like usa,Russia,France and China should take your advice because they already have such system in service

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I doubt Pakistan have the capability, technology and money to develop battle field nukes, they are just bluffing nothing more. Nasr is a Guided Rocket not a Missile.
:ranger:

Tolaha

no i Am not
i guess countries like usa,Russia,France and China should take your advice because they already have such system in service
That's exactly the difference! Russia, France and China will never use their tactical nukes in their own country! While Pakistan has to.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Even modern artillery is inching towards 70 km range.
Can anyone suggest how exactly a 60 km missle would be useful, without damaging Pakistani territory that is.

Regards,
Virendra

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
That's exactly the difference! Russia, France and China will never use their tactical nukes in their own country! While Pakistan has to.
nasr is
primary developed to be used against Indian forces crossing border as an defensive weapon but can be used as offensive weapon as well

Tolaha

nasr is
primary developed to be used against Indian forces crossing border as an defensive weapon but can be used as offensive weapon as well
farhan_9909,
You should have understood this by now. The countries that you mentioned - US, Chiina, Russia - would never use nukes on their own soil. Only the Pakistan army would be stupid enough to declare to its own people that they would use nukes as a defensive weapon. And we have Pakistanis cheering this announcement. It couldn't get more silly!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles