Pakistan is a 'fake' country: Markandey Katju

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Pakistan is a "fake" country which was created artificially by the Britishers who started the "bogus two-nation theory", Press Council of India chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju said here on Tuesday.

The former Supreme Court judge was confident that in next 15-20 years India and Pakistan would reunite and a strong, powerful, secular and modern minded government would come to power.

He condemned the recent war hysteria created by media in the wake of beheading of an Indian soldier by Pakistanis troops in a cross LoC attack in Jammu and Kashmir.

"First of all let me tell you one thing Pakistan is no country. It's a fake country, it's artificially created country by the British who had the policy of divide and rule by starting this bogus two-nation theory that Hindus and Muslims have two separate nations," he said at a panel discussion here.

"And we are fools and were taken for a ride by the Britishers. Same artificial entity Pakistan was created. What is Paksitan? It is Punjab and Sindh, which is actually part of India," he said at the discussion on "Fuelling Indo-Pak Crisis: Mutilation or the media" at Delhi University.

"It is anti-national to talk about war between the two nations. Our economies, which is already in poor state, would be ruined. You must know that war is very expensive affair and we are poor country. We have fought three wars, has the standard of living of the people risen because of wars," Katju said.

Pakistan is a 'fake' country: Markandey Katju - The Times of India

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Katju :confused: :confused: what has happened to this nice man ?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Yea ok, a happy reunion in 15-20 years. I don't know what this guy's smoking.

Like it or not, Pakistan is a country and it isn't going anywhere.
Even Nehru, in his autobiography said that he expected that pakistan would rejoin INDIA.......

It was Nehru and Gandhi who lead the partition voice, first by Nehru and then Gandhi bowed in front of them.......

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Even Nehru, in his autobiography said that he expected that pakistan would rejoin INDIA.......

It was Nehru and Gandhi who lead the partition voice, first by Nehru and then Gandhi bowed in front of them.......
Nehru finished writing his autobiography in 1946, believe it or not a lot has happened since then.

The partition of British India was a painful and bloody mess which destroyed millions of lives; but it did go through and nobody can turn back the clock. I don't think blaming people who have been dead for decades is going to achieve anything and neither is engaging in ludicrous fantasies. What's done is done.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Yea ok, a happy reunion in 15-20 years. I don't know what this guy's smoking.

Like it or not, Pakistan is a country and it isn't going anywhere.
A reunion in 15-20 years would be against our interests, but Pakistan as a country may not lost that long. No state built on an artificial basis can last forever. Sooner or later, Pakistan will implode.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
A reunion in 15-20 years would be against our interests, but Pakistan as a country may not lost that long. No state built on an artificial basis can lost forever. Sooner or later, Pakistan will implode.
That remains to be seen. Pakistan has mastered the art of existing in a total state of disarray and for some reason there simply is no bottom when it comes to dysfunction.

Who knows they may turn things around. Stranger things have happened.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
A reunion in 15-20 years would be against our interests, but Pakistan as a country may not lost that long. No state built on an artificial basis can lost forever. Sooner or later, Pakistan will implode.
BD realized the "Fakeness" of the "Idea of Pakistan".

Balochi and Sindhi are realizing as well.

NWFP was never really under "Pakistan".

Pakistan is a BOGUS + TERRORIST COUNTRY under denial without any identity.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Again some rubbish about a "secular union". These muddleheads never learn. Neither India nor Pakistan can ever be secular. India is spiritual while Pakistan is a radical. They will always be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.
We don't want a reunion. A reunion would only be possible and sane if the subcontinent is returned back to its previous demographics, pre Islamic invasion demographics.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
this guy is a much more severe threat to India than the owaisi or the recent reply from the Hindu people side to owaisi speech

i would be rather happy if Pakistan split into 10 new countries than a reunion with India.

I am 100% sure even Bangladesh wont want reunion with India
anyway we Pakistani pashtun will merge the pashtunistan region from Afghanistan into Pakistan in future even if force is required.we wont give our land to fall into Uzbeks hand

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
this guy is a much more severe threat to India than the owaisi or the recent reply from the Hindu people side to owaisi speech

i would be rather happy if Pakistan split into 10 new countries than a reunion with India.

I am 100% sure even Bangladesh wont want reunion with India
anyway we Pakistani pashtun will merge the pashtunistan region from Afghanistan into Pakistan in future even if force is required.we wont give our land to fall into Uzbeks hand
HAHAHA... so we agree on at least 1 point... :lol: so lets agree on the names of new countries emerging from Pakistan...

1.Republic of Baluchistan
2.Republic of Sindh
3.Greater Afganistan

Novice

Add
4. Baltistan
5. Pashtunistan
Finally Pakistan renamed to Punjabistan.

:namaste:

HAHAHA... so we agree on at least 1 point... :lol: so lets agree on the names of new countries emerging from Pakistan...

1.Republic of Baluchistan
2.Republic of Sindh
3.Greater Afganistan

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Add
4. Baltistan
5. Pashtunistan
Finally Pakistan renamed to Punjabistan.

:namaste:
I think the Abbotabad should be named as "Pakistan"... rest needs to be divided in 9 countries.

Novice

I think the Abbotabad should be named as "Pakistan"... rest needs to be divided in 9 countries.
And let the proposed 500 acre amusement park be deemed the presidential palace. Also, his holiness, langada, lal topi, Mr Hamid be made the president.
:rotflmao::rotflmao:

SPIEZ

Country flag
When the Brits left, they made sure we were ----ed up. :lol:

But reunion with Pakistan is the worst that can ever happen. I m glad there is remote possibility for the same.

warriorextreme

Country flag
He reminds me of little kids who have just started to read newspapers and make their own opinions...
He should be sent to FATA...In fact everyone who dreams of reunion of India and Pakistan should be sent on a free trip to FATA..

pankaj nema

Country flag
There is some context to Justice Katju JUMPING in this " Pakistan - India BHAI BHAI thing "

Sometime back When the Paki SC dismissed the PM Justice Katju wrote articles in Paki news papers showing
off his superior legal knowledge

That times Paki news papers and intellectualls were singing paeans in Katju's honour

So now he thinks he is an expert on all matters and all things about Pakistan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles