Pakistan beat India by 180 runs to win ICC Champions Trophy 2017 final

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No matter if Callander empty or not, important thing is now we are champions.. Talent is talent and it wont requires any money, whenever anyone will play with us we will give them tough time
Kyun bhai, Tum dono ka tag team chal raha hai kya?

Rehne de....

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
No matter if Callander empty or not, important thing is now we are champions.. Talent is talent and it wont requires any money, whenever anyone will play with us we will give them tough time
Learn to spell Bhaijan. You won coz of Dawood and nothing else.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
The match was completely fixed. Kohli gave 2 consecutive chances as if he was desperate to get back to the pavilion quickly. Also the Pandya Jadeja run out was scripted.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
This idiot KRK seems to have made a correct analysis of the match.

salute

Indians are irrationally passionate about cricket, and therefore, extremely emotional.

I am not surprised brickbats are flying at Kohli. Even Mahendra Singh Dhoni's residence has been given police protection, which is obvious after the loss and that picture Dhoni took with Sarfraz's son.

I think Kohli is a talented and skilled batsman. I like his style and the way he has played so far. I would temper my criticism of him, if any at all.

This is a time for India to improve on its shortcomings. Success is built upon failures.
an olympic sportsperson compete against 70 - 80 countries to bring a medal but hardly gets something and these cricket players who earns millions , 7 - 8 countries are such a challenge for them that indians must do yagya for their win ,

even the extra at ipl earns a lot of money for just being on the team ,
obviously its all because of the amount of money at the game of cricket but reason for that is the irrational passion for the game of cricket , its like all the other sports are nonexistent and only cricket is what brings honor .

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Nothing is going to change, at best Dhoni will be out of the team in next 2-3 months..
Well Kumble just resigned from the post of coach

Ya and i think Koli and co wants dhoni/yuvi to retire

And i think they should retire gracefully instaed of being ignored in future by selectors

they had lot for indian cricket and now its time for them to sit and enjoy what current jokers do

pmaitra

an olympic sportsperson compete against 70 - 80 countries to bring a medal but hardly gets something and these cricket players who earns millions , 7 - 8 countries are such a challenge for them that indians must do yagya for their win ,

even the extra at ipl earns a lot of money for just being on the team ,
obviously its all because of the amount of money at the game of cricket but reason for that is the irrational passion for the game of cricket , its like all the other sports are nonexistent and only cricket is what brings honor .
I agree. I think we need to popularize other sports.

We did win in hockey, but notice, there is not much discussion on that subject.
Well Kumble just resigned from the post of coach

Ya and i think Koli and co wants dhoni/yuvi to retire

And i think they should retire gracefully instaed of being ignored in future by selectors

they had lot for indian cricket and now its time for them to sit and enjoy what current jokers do
I like Kumble and I think there is a generational gap between Kumble and Kohli. When two people don't get along, it is just that they don't get along, and not that either of them is bad. We need a person like John Wright and I am sure many can be found, be it in India or abroad.

Yuvraj has made a major comeback from cancer. It would not be wise to drop him. Even Dhoni has come back after a long IPL slump. Dropping him would not be good either. The youngsters are playing well, however, as we have seen in the run-out, experience matters and at least three or four in the team should be experienced.

anoop_mig25

Country flag

I like Kumble and I think there is a generational gap between Kumble and Kohli. When two people don't get along, it is just that they don't get along, and not that either of them is bad. We need a person like John Wright and I am sure many can be found, be it in India or abroad.
If its age then what about news that vk want ravi shastri as coach

Yuvraj has made a major comeback from cancer. It would not be wise to drop him. Even Dhoni has come back after a long IPL slump. Dropping him would not be good either. The youngsters are playing well, however, as we have seen in the run-out, experience matters and at least three or four in the team should be experienced.
Sure experince is required but did n`t Dhoni demanded younger team from BCCI and didnt ganguly laxman dravid all let one by one silently once they knew dhoni wanted youner team

I am not against dhoni

And i also think experience person must pass on baton at approriate times + junior with merit/talent are available

Its like one must leave as hero rather then holding to post and become vilian out of it

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
One thing is clear Kohli is a sneaky fellow, he uses media to put forth his point.
are we to expect that from now on we will come to know about teammates Kohli does not like, will be thru media.
Dhoni on the other hand let BCCI know his requirements and we knew about it much later.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Sure experince is required but did n`t Dhoni demanded younger team from BCCI and didnt ganguly laxman dravid all let one by one silently once they knew dhoni wanted youner team

I am not against dhoni

And i also think experience person must pass on baton at approriate times + junior with merit/talent are available

Its like one must leave as hero rather then holding to post and become vilian out of it
Ganguly, Laxman and Dravid had been dragging themselves and so did Tendulkar and selectors lacked will to drop them. Nobody questioned their presence in team irrespective of performance. Let the same happen in Australian team and with any of their top player(including Ricky Ponting) not performing in two consecutive matches and their would be a review of team. That's why they had such a great team.

I don't think that Dhoni is going to complain if he is dropped in favour of young blood. He has already retired from Test and if he feels like it, will retire from one days as well. He is very selfless person, if he wanted, he could bat up and make a lot of run and have a lot of chances to score by batting up the order but he gives chances to others to perform and encourage them and takes the difficult position for himself. He is one player that can bat from no 1 to no 10 and can be counted to get something out of the few chances he gets unlike other top players who want place in top 4 to get more chances to score and secure their position. In the meantime, we do need to find a suitable replacement for keeping.

Dhoni isn't dragging himself at the expense of younger generation unlike other former legends who were doing so. I say the selectors should take decision rather than force players to quit even if he/she feels like continuing. If selectors have players in their eyes who they want to try in place of old ones to build a potent future team, they should drop seniors and experiment with youngsters, take them back for a few matches if needed when youngsters don't perform until they find right combination. Seniors would know when it is time quit.

square

Strategic Issues
it was the toss which is the reason of spat between the two....
kohli like to ball first and chase the total...
kumble by his experience advice him to bat first ....( in past india always bat first winning the toss in pressure matchs ).

first match against pakistan , kolhi lose the toss and put to bat first.....
in final , kolhi win the toss ....and did his maan ki baat....ball first...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
it was the toss which is the reason of spat between the two....
kohli like to ball first and chase the total...
kumble by his experience advice him to bat first ....( in past india always bat first winning the toss in pressure matchs ).

first match against pakistan , kolhi lose the toss and put to bat first.....
in final , kolhi win the toss ....and did his maan ki baat....ball first...
Rumour is that BCCI was trying to mediate between these two, the night before the final.

Anyways TV rumours started ever since the tournament started, Kohli seems to have been planning this for a month.

pmaitra

If it is in the news, then it is either true, or totally made up sensationalization. Which one it is, I do not know.

If Ravi Shastri and Virat Kohli get along, things will be very good. If they don't get along, it will be a disaster. Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't have an opinion on this.

I am not against dhoni

Ganguly, Laxman, Dravid did the right thing by giving Dhoni the final say. It would have been unwise to do otherwise. Dhoni is the second World Cup winning captain after Kapil Dev, and has a good record. Ganguly, Laxman, Dravid, and Sachin too, just couldn't shove their opinion on Dhoni.

Coming to experience, recall how Ganguly brought Javagal Srinath back into the team. There is a reason for it. The young pacers had talent, but no experience. Ganguly was proven right when the young Indian pacers were gobsmacked by the Australian batsmen.

The same thing applies today. One cannot completely do away with the experienced players. Keep it in favour of youngsters, but three or four experienced players is a must.

square

Strategic Issues
Rumour is that BCCI was trying to mediate between these two, the night before the final.

Anyways TV rumours started ever since the tournament started, Kohli seems to have been planning this for a month.
toss was the reason............

salute

@Dovah

hockey is not indias national sport ,
at 2012 , its declared that there is no national sport of india .

salute

it all started when kapil dev lifted that world cup at lords , it started the passion for the cricket and reason for that is something happened back then dont know what it was , me wasnt even born then ,

maybe it gave indians some national pride ,
india was still new country back then coming out of the history of british raj and devastation of partition , a hugh country but with nothing to show for except poverty and misery and lifting that world cup may gave people a sense of worldwide acclamation ,

maybe it was a new sport for new country ,
india had a lot of traditional sports but they were all local and not international sports even though these may played by few at other countries and cricket was game of rich people like golf and it is played by british and royals only but now a common person could get access and more importantly success at cricket ,
it became sport for new generation of new country ,
so what indians thought that cricket is a truly international sport which gives them international recognition ,

maybe it was hugely televised sport ,
it was early eighties and many indian were getting their first television set so it must be very exciting to follow a new sport , an international sport on their television set where indians did something hugh for the first time ,

maybe it was hugh media impact ,
the picture and television clip of british handing over that golden world cup to kapil dev and kapil dev lifting that golden world cup up to the air made a hugh impact on the minds of the young middle class educated people ,
lower class people or poor people just followed the craze and new trend ,

maybe it was a bigger challenge than other widely played sports at india ,
after lifiting that world cup at lords doing it again remained challenge for country for next three decades ,
wheres at hockey country was getting fair success ,
every time cricket team went at world cup with hopes that it would repeat that glorious history again for new generation but that didnt happened for other three decades ,

maybe pakistan factor ,
when pakistan got at the game of cricket and then it was obvious that there gonna be india and pakistan rivalry at the game of cricket to which only made country more cricket craze country .

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Pak victory celebration in Kashmir

FB_IMG_1498054317448.jpg
FB_IMG_1498054279842.jpg
FB_IMG_1498054286488.jpg

____________________________,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,_______

Global Defence

New threads

Articles