Army
  1. Artillery
  2. Infantry
Air Force
  1. Air Defence
Navy
  1. Coastal Defence
  2. Submarines
These are what I would be keen to keep upgraded to the best possible level. The rest would have to make do with second class equipment.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
If I was a Pakistani military general, my modernization priorities would be:-

Army
  1. Artillery
  2. Infantry
Air Force
  1. Air Defence
Navy
  1. Coastal Defence
  2. Submarines
These are what I would be keen to keep upgraded to the best possible level. The rest would have to make do with second class equipment.
What would be requirements for the INDIAN ARMED FORCES????????

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
What would be requirements for the INDIAN ARMED FORCES????????
If I was an Indian Military General, I would focus on upgrading maneuver forces to western standard. And ASW assets for the Navy and fighters for the Air force would be my top priorities.
Nevertheless, with the kind of funds we have, I would put my prime focus on equipping the ENTIRE infantry with the best that I can muster from domestic production, with a standard uniform (not the ad-hoc arrangement we see today. All that would take lesser money than buying the Rafael aircraft, and given that Infantry are the largest arm of the Army, this would definitely be my top priority.

IndianHawk

Country flag
@ezsasa Lets give credit where due. Pakis are managing 1:2 ratio (quantity not quality) at 1:5 funding. They are doing shit better than us, whether we like it or not.

PA is convincingly fooling 200 million. This is no mean feat.
It's not just PA it's the reason d'etre for pakistan. Most pakistani don't perceive PA to be a national army but an Islamic one. The end game is to disintegrate India into many parts and slowly convert each part into an Islamic Shithole.

Let's not misunderstand our enemies for one second. Pakistan is just an another attempt at Islamization of India. It's a religious battle that's why pakistan tolerates it's army's corruption lies and even cowardice.

They will devote their entire budget if need be. Education development are all mere afterthought primary objective is Islam.

mendosa

Pakistani defence aqusations are good these days. They are also acquiring new capabilities.
And they induct asymmetric capabilities to compliment what China has.

If China gets an electro-optic sensing anti-tank missile, then India has to get corresponding counter measures and Pakistan gets some other type of anti-tank missile, now India has to buy a separate counter measure for that too. Multiply that with all the weapon systems and divide that with the time India takes to induct a new weapon system, and we have a problem.

Longewala

Country flag
Pakistani defence budget - 22.4%of overall budget.

Indian defence budget - 10% of overall budget.

Pakistani Capital expenditure - $2.34 billion.

Indian Capital expenditure - $13.4 billion.

So despite spending more than twice (as percentage), Pakis get only 17.46% as capital expenditure. And yet some clowns were dreaming about 150 attack choppers.
Nanga nahayega kya aur nichorega kya

bipin

They had to increase spending after demonetization to fund terror activities and use CPEC investments. Pension/allowance spending is nonsense. It is not for army, it is for stone pelters, separatists and terrorists.

Their defence spending is increasing at a rate of 11 pc whereas GDP is growing at 6 pc. What use is army if they keep losing wars. Sooner or later either one or both will hit peak.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Pak slc 2 AESA artillery locating Radar.

This apart from older ANTPQ 36 which they are operations for decades now even before India

images-165.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles