Status
Not open for further replies.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Earlier variants of perspective fighter

bhramos

Country flag
Same version of PAKFA for IAF & RuAF??

Sukhoi PAK FA Updates: First Prototype by August 2009, Special Software for Indian Versions

Indian Air Force will initially get the same PAK FA fifth-generation fighter as their Russian colleagues. Sukhoi general director Mikhail Pogosyan said Thursday that he would seek to unify the Russian and Indian requirements for the new aircraft. "The basic version of the fighter will be common", he explained. "The difference will be only in software".

India agreed to join the PAK FA program in 2007. According to the bilateral agreement, the development of the modification for the Indian Air Force will be split 50:50 between Sukhoi and India's HAL. But now it looks like Pogosyan doesn't want to waste efforts and time by developing a special Indian version at this stage, but to focus on rolling out the first prototype by August this year, as already promised by top Russian government and military officials.

Pogosyan also mentioned that the airframe is almost ready, while more time is needed to finish the radar. This supports the idea that the first PAK FA will be a very basic prototype, and more time will be required to define and test the production configuration.

As Pogosyan said, the Indian requirements can be taken into account later, while HAL's 50% share in the development of the IAF modification can be realized in the more distant future – including the creation of two-seat and ship-based variants.

http://www.india-defence.com/reports/4254

PAKFA will be in air by August 2009 :vehicle_plane:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I doubt that it can go airborne by August 09

screwterrorists

Founding Member
There have been reports of Russia working speedily on the PakFa. Dont be surprised to see the prototype unveiled at MAKS 2009 in august. ;-)

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Its a good solution to save time on an already delayed project. But, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we want a two seater version called the FGFA ???? So, I guess this news will mean that India will possibly fly both single seater and two seater versions called the PAKFA and FGFA ??? hmmmm....

bhramos

Country flag
i think the Trainer Version of PAKFA will be used for IAF.
which will be refitted with French+Israeli+ Indian+ Russian Avionic Suites.
So automatically This will be Superior to other PAKFA versions as we did it in Su-30MKI.
Su-30MKI is Superior to all Su-30 series fighters arround the world.

bhramos

Country flag
I doubt that it can go airborne by August 09
hi man . its More important to Russia then us.
because they are lacking behind US.so
they will need to do any thing for their power projection.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
i think the Trainer Version of PAKFA will be used for IAF.

Trainer version no way, if it has to be than it will be an newly derived design to support the structural change/weight/performance/range unlike just an added seat arrangement of a trainer.

refitted with French+Israeli+ Indian+ Russian Avionic Suites.
So automatically This will be Superior to other PAKFA versions as we did it in Su-30MKI.
Su-30MKI is Superior to all Su-30 series fighters arround the world.
They have the Su-35 which is no way inferior to our MKIs, moreover they can also use such avionics and more then us if required, also to note that exported hard wares are generally downgraded versions to that of the original, so better pray ours be not inferior to them.

My fingers are crossed yet chances are minimal. Reports suggests that they are very optimistic about their schedule, or just say over optimistic.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Atul, the pics posted by you looks more like the recently unveiled wind tunnel model of the MCA.

bhramos

Country flag
They have the Su-35 which is no way inferior to our MKIs, moreover they can also use such avionics and more then us if required, also to note that exported hard wares are generally downgraded versions to that of the original, so better pray ours be not inferior to them.
I only said said Su-30 series means, Su-30 Mkk,MKA, MKM... SO on.

even Su-35 is not in service with any country.

Your another question is ,
they may give Downgraded versions.
so only we are getting the mixed Avionic suites from Israel & France.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There have been reports of Russia working speedily on the PakFa. Dont be surprised to see the prototype unveiled at MAKS 2009 in august. ;-)
I believe the whole world will be surprised if such a high tech and important craft like Pak-fa is revealed to the public in 5 months from now.

IMO, Russia is not trying to compete with US anymore. With the crisis, all their self-funded projects are bungled up too.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I only said said Su-30 series means, Su-30 Mkk,MKA, MKM... SO on.

even Su-35 is not in service with any country.

Your another question is ,
they may give Downgraded versions.
so only we are getting the mixed Avionic suites from Israel & France.
My reply was related to the comparision of Indian FGFA and Ruski PAK-FA.
They can also acquire such avionics, conclusion dont accept a superior jet than that of the russians

vijaytripoli

What the problem in one seater? Better fuel efficiency, more weapon load , etc?
Chau

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
What the problem in one seater? Better fuel efficiency, more weapon load , etc?
Chau
The problem is with IAF their operational doctrine demands a two seater fighter for air supremacy.

vijaytripoli

The problem is with IAF their operational doctrine demands a two seater fighter for air supremacy.
IF THAT IS SO THAN WHY DON,T IAF GO WITH THIS SAME DEMAND FOR THE MRCA DEAL?
CHAU

( AND YEAH I AM FELLING VERY HAPPY TO SEE OLD INDIAN DEFENCEFORUM MEMBERS):sAni_monkey:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thats why F 18 is the leading contender in that deal.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Back on track people... Let's discuss about the MRCA deal in other places... :):):)

Anybody has any idea of the technical differences between the PAKFA and the FGFA ??? If I understand right, the only significant components we will be getting from Russia are the airframe and the engines because most of our avionics comes from the West anyways (France and Israel)

VayuSena1

Professional
Thats why F 18 is the leading contender in that deal.
This is plainly media hype, Yusuf. F/A-18 is as much a frontrunner as any other aircraft in the deal and unless and until the air force decides what aircraft they are selecting, all these reports of US being a frontliner would be only a wishful thinking. While the civilian diaspora might be going ga-ga on USA offering us something in so many years, the air force has a lot of factors to consider such as independence to operate aircraft without being questioned senseless.

Apart from independence, supplier's reliability and credibility also come under the dark cloud here looking at the sudden imposition of bans and sanctions that US enjoys on others. Sanctions are a big pain for non-combat situations and equipment by themselves and I would hate to imagine what they could do for something as sensitive as combat aircraft.

Nevertheless, the reason why India is likely to get the same version as the Russian air force initially (except for the software of course which will be Indian), is that the project should not be delayed more than it already is. Remember that Russia wanted to introduce the PAKFA the same time as the USAF introduced the Raptor to the world. However, due to Soviet collapse, things went haywire and well the plan had to be dropped. Besides, I feel that to kickstart a line of stealth fighters, this idea is a good one upon which future variants can be manufactured later on, the two-seater FGFA being a future part of this deal.

India sometimes can get too fussy about even the smallest things like " not being asked earlier to participate in the design" and other trivial matters. It is not a 5 year old child we are discussing here but a country that has to fend off with an extremely un-cooperative and perhaps hostile neighborhood, one of the neighbors being an expansionist UN permanent member. Therefore, Indian authorities will have to drop all the childish tantrums for now and if at all we have to consider an FGFA version of PAKFA, we would have to wait till we have a credible minimum deterrence against the massive PLAAF in the form of having a fleet of sleek 5th generation cutting-edge stealth fighters.

VayuSena1

Professional
Back on track people... Let's discuss about the MRCA deal in other places... :):):)

Anybody has any idea of the technical differences between the PAKFA and the FGFA ??? If I understand right, the only significant components we will be getting from Russia are the airframe and the engines because most of our avionics comes from the West anyways (France and Israel)
I doubt that there would be any French and Israeli involvement in this project owing to the secrecy and confidentiality of the project. When they cannot even show to the public what the design looks like, I am sure that India would not consider choosing foreign sub-contractors to supply equipment for a stealth fighter. I think it would be more of a possibility of India and Russia working extra hard on developing their own cutting-edge avionics rather than choosing a third party to fill in the gap.

The Su-30 MKI was a different issue where there was no case of exclusivity or sensivity of a stealth fighter, since the Su-30 family is widely exported around the world. However, this completely changes when you have an aircraft that would have the capability to counter the Raptor. Various parameters would definitely be considered before deciding a third country to supply us something. As I said before, if the two countries are even shy of revealing the model of the aircraft outside to the common media, I am sure that both Delhi and Moscow would not entertain any foreign participation in the project, which is already at an advanced stage.

Supersallu

Therefore, Indian authorities will have to drop all the childish tantrums for now and if at all we have to consider an FGFA version of PAKFA, we would have to wait till we have a credible minimum deterrence against the massive PLAAF in the form of having a fleet of sleek 5th generation cutting-edge stealth fighters.
AFAK, Russians have denied India a clause which says that the fighter cannot be sold to PLAAF in future. Correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles