PAKFA & FGFA News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I have a feeling that we are out of FGFA program or else the IAF would not have given green signal for MCA to DRDO.

bhramos

Country flag
no man MCA is long way to go.
PAKFA will replace Frontline fighters ,MCA will replace Attack Bombers.
we defenatly need 2 kinds of 5th gen planes for future.
MCA can only see service after 2020 + only.
PAKFA can come to 2015 only...

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
no man MCA is long way to go.
PAKFA will replace Frontline fighters ,MCA will replace Attack Bombers.
we defenatly need 2 kinds of 5th gen planes for future.
MCA can only see service after 2020 + only.
PAKFA can come to 2015 only...
If u observe the design espically the wing layout for MCA (the new wing tunnel model or old concept design) you will get a feeling it will have primary air to air capability.

bhramos

Country flag
untill i said according to IAF planning strategy.
1st they send old & powerfull planes because they are old but if they got lost our moral spirt will never decrease.
so still Mig-21Bis are our frontline fighters.

p2prada

If u observe the design espically the wing layout for MCA (the new wing tunnel model or old concept design) you will get a feeling it will have primary air to air capability.
The design specifications are not entirely known. So, it's difficult to speculate on what the MCA will be used for.

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
dont compare mca with fgfa .
1. the time line is big doffrence -we should get our fgfa or pak-fa ( for the start ) by 2014 -2015 and mca should be ready by 2018 -2020.

2. The need for both the fighters are different. as said by iaf ( but rest god knows)

3. I highly doubt the capability of drdo to scheive a world class fifth generation fighter earlier than american are designing seventh gen and russian designing sixth.

-----------
yes the only way we can skip the - fgfa is for JSF- 35 , if we go for jsf. because in fgfa the positive was - involvement in design and progress. but Russian are not really involving us except for money . so its not a bad option to go for a proven fighter. if given choice.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
F 35 is a proven design?...it is yet to get it's IOC and the cost seems to be escalating forever. And we have a huge queue standing in front of us to get the aircrafts. I think F 35 for the IAF isnt much of a wise idea right now. If you want F 35 for the Navy then I am all for it.

bhramos

Country flag
dont compare mca with fgfa .
1. the time line is big doffrence -we should get our fgfa or pak-fa ( for the start ) by 2014 -2015 and mca should be ready by 2018 -2020.

2. The need for both the fighters are different. as said by iaf ( but rest god knows)

3. I highly doubt the capability of drdo to scheive a world class fifth generation fighter earlier than american are designing seventh gen and russian designing sixth.

-----------
yes the only way we can skip the - fgfa is for JSF- 35 , if we go for jsf. because in fgfa the positive was - involvement in design and progress. but Russian are not really involving us except for money . so its not a bad option to go for a proven fighter. if given choice.
yeah u r right but we get TOT & production rights 4 PAKFA.
so that we can use these tech in MCA if anything extra needed we can shop in Israel & France.
anyway Israel has tech which r being even introduced into F-35,
we dont need EUVA 4 MCA. so that we can get it easily.

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Russia and India have identified the characteristics of fifth generation fighter

Russia and India have identified the tactical-technical characteristics of prospective fifth-generation fighter, which will be developed jointly by the two countries. Currently, the parties shall consult on the allocation of work. As reported by RIA Novosti, said Director of the "Rosoboronexport" Alexander Mikheyev in an interview with the publication of "arms" to be published next week.

Mikheyev said that the work comes within the framework of an intergovernmental protocol, which stipulates the basic principles of relationships, including sharing of work, mode of financing and delivery dates. He also commented on the possible competition in the market of arms from the U.S. fifth generation fighter F-35: "Considering that the world market for combat aircraft is limited, of course, we see F-35 as a competitor and a very serious competitor."

Nevertheless, according to Mikheeva, the United States, and Russia is the traditional market segments, and the rivalry between the two countries in the dramatic form is not expressed. Russian forward fighter, as the head of "Rosoboronexport", will not assign the F-35 on the tactical and technical characteristics, with substantially lower cost.

Recall that the development of forward-looking set of front-line aviation aircraft (PAK FA) is a number of domestic design bureau in the late 1980's. He must replace the MiG-29 and Su-27.The first flight of the machine, tentatively to be held in 2009.

Russia also signed an agreement with India that the two countries will jointly develop a fifth generation fighter aircraft.The Russian Air Force plans to adopt a single option, and the Indian Air Force looked at the double.

Source: news agency "Lenta.Ru"
Published: 30.07.2009, 15:33

Google Translate

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
First two images look like copy F-22 and the third one is union of F-22 and X-44.

StarScreen

Country flag
The pics above are nice, but they are obviously CGI. Does anybody know what the real PAK-FA looks like, since I have seen many pics of PAK-FA look like a mix of F-22 Raptor and YF-23.

I have even seen some pictures with forward-swept wings like those on Su-47.

I think we will know the secret only when its officially unveiled. Till then its just guess work! :bye:

p2prada

All three are the same design from different angles.

StarScreen

Country flag
All three are the same design from different angles.
Well, if you observe closely, the pics that have been posted by you have a different wing design (almost like a delta shape and without canards) than the last three images that I have posted. The last three images have a forward-swept wing design that incorporates canards which is fundamentally different from the delta wing design.

Please let me know if I am misinterpreting you... :)

p2prada

Well, if you observe closely, the pics that have been posted by you have a different wing design (almost like a delta shape) than the last three images that I have posted. The last three images have a swept-back wing design which is fundamentally different from the delta wing design.

Please let me know if I am misinterpreting you... :)
I was replying to the post before yours....about my posts

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Looks like the Russians are impressed with the X-44 design giving PAK-FA enlongated delta wing structure but with two small vertical tailfins.
Mate...That is not PAK-FA...That is some artist's impression or some fanboy's wet dream. So why waste breath over it...I posted those pics in april or may...

Gladiator

Speaking on closer plans, the senior officer said Russia’s fifth-generation fighter jet will see its maiden flight later this year, “in November, or probably in December.” So far three prototypes of the PAK FA have been built for land tests, and a machine for aerial tests is on its way. PAK FA is a multipurpose super maneuverable stealth aircraft designed by Sukhoi.

http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-08-11/deter-space-strikes-russia.html?fullstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles