Pak suffers heavy casualties as govt gives troops free hand

ladder

Country flag
I think I read somewhere that this was done as per a directive from UN. I could be wrong about the UN directive's timing, but it could have been the reason for the flag march.
Are you sure? That would show that UN is definitely not neutral. Where was UN when we asked for flag meet 16 times?

ladder

Country flag
Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Heavy guns are deployed +20kms behinds, Indian army dominate LOC over Pakistani Army ..

We always have our guns aimed at them used only when needed, Where as PA need permission to move guns from there superiors and their superior are yellow while even thinking so ..

PA at best use irregular warfare against us & Green ( New ) terrorist as cannon folder while their SF could make some kills at our side ..

If we send 155 howitzer to border...................... thats mean our higher authority give order them. And could lead to think that we started war..........??????

Sylex21

I see the future of Kashmir ending in some program similar to the current Israeli Iron Dome program. The Pakistani's have always acted with a lack of control, their actions usually undisciplined and emotional yet rarely in their best logical, tactical or practical interests. We should not attempt to act like the Pakistani's ourselves or simply one-up them in our actions. We should exploit this inherent Pakistani weakness, holding back till the moment is right and then counter attacking in a well planned out move using overwhelming force.

Blood+

Country flag
Heavy guns are deployed +20kms behinds, Indian army dominate LOC over Pakistani Army ..

We always have our guns aimed at them used only when needed, Where as PA need permission to move guns from there superiors and their superior are yellow while even thinking so ..

PA at best use irregular warfare against us & Green ( New ) terrorist as cannon folder while their SF could make some kills at our side ..
You mean cannon fodder,right?? :p

Blood+

Country flag

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
This is something which we will never know for sure. Even ex-servicemen would never tell you as that would entail breaking the National Secrecy Oath.

There are planned and deliberate disinformation campaigns run to obfuscate strategic capabilities.

Trick question: Why do you think that US has accepted only India as a default Nuclear State outside the G6, but not any other country? ;)

It's just rumor,nothing concrete.As far as I've heard,the S 300 PMU2 had failed in India which prompted then government to ask DRDO to commence development of a local BMD programme.

Last edited:

sgarg

Two S300 systems are rumoured as purchased for area defence of Delhi and Mumbai. Most likely these purchases happened in years following Kargil war.

I have no idea if these systems 'failed' in India.

However India is developing own anti-missile systems. India has a number of older SAM systems that will get replaced progressively.

sgarg

I think these skirmishes are minor events and we should not read too much into it.

Small incidents of firing are rather common incidents on Pakistan border. India sometimes responds with heavier calibers to destroy the source of incoming fire.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles