Pak officials behind killing of 11 French engineers: Report

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
LONDON: High-ranking Pakistani officials were behind the killing of eleven French ship-building engineers in Karachi seven years ago, two French
judges have ruled.

Until now al-Qaida had been blamed for the bomb attack on a bus in 2002 that killed 11 engineers and three Pakistanis.

The judges suspected that the Pakistanis were retaliating over a decision by former French President Jacques Chirac, to halt payment to Pakistani officers of millions of pounds in secret commission from an 720 million pounds contract signed in 1994, for three French submarines, the Time reported on Tuesday.

The dead engineers were working on the submarine contract for DCN, the French naval shipbuilding enterprise.

Some of the money was kicked back to France to finance the 1995 presidential campaign of Edouard Balladur, Chirac's Prime Minister and rival, according to claims disclosed by the judges.

The chief of Balladur's unsuccessful campaign that year was Nicolas Sarkozy, who was then the Budget Minister.

According to media reports, the French secret service retaliated after the 2002 attack, breaking the legs of two Pakistan navy admirals and killing a lower-ranking officer.

Sarkozy, now the President of France, has dismissed as "a fable" the suspicions of the judges, Marc Trevidic and Yves Janier.

"This is ridiculous... grotesque," Sarkozy said. "Who would believe such a tale," Balladur said that everything about the submarine deal had been "completely regular".

The judges, however, told the surviving victims and their relatives that they have uncovered a trail that tied the bombing to Pakistani officials.

Investigators have also seized documents describing a web of offshore companies created to channel the commission payments, the judges said.

Pak officials behind killing of 11 French engineers: Report - Europe - World - The Times of India

MMuthu

Very good, France should not sell anything to Pakistan going forward.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
According to media reports, the French secret service retaliated after the 2002 attack, breaking the legs of two Pakistan navy admirals and killing a lower-ranking officer.
Thats some retaliation. :D

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
When i visited various pakistani forum for this issue the blame came upon RAW, CIA and Mossad with India as the primary culprit.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Very good, France should not sell anything to Pakistan going forward.
Man this is a sad thing(event). Remember that a dead enemy should be given respect. This is how civilised people behave. One must remember that they were civilians and bigger they were guest in that country.

MMuthu

Man this is a sad thing(event). Remember that a dead enemy should be given respect. This is how civilised people behave. One must remember that they were civilians and bigger they were guest in that country.
FYI, I am not the one who killed the 11 engineers..... It is not my country which killed them. I am totally a outside person.

I am sorry about those 11 people....... may their soul rest in peace. I have nothing personal against them.

My only concern is.... Why is France having reletions with Pakistan after this Incident.... If I have India in France position... I would wish my country to snap all Defence ties with Pakistan. If that Happens.... As a Indian I am happy.

luckyy

this is actually the other side of the defence deals.........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles