Pak nukes 200% safe, says Malik

Blackwater

Islamabad, June 5
Asserting that Pakistan's nuclear weapons are "200 per cent safe" despite a series of terror attacks on military installations, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said the country has strong monitoring and control mechanisms in place to protect its atomic programme.

Though the recent attack on the PNS Mehran naval airbase in Karachi and detection of Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad triggered fears that there could be rogue elements in Pakistani military, Malik told Newsweek magazine that the country's "nuclear weapons are 200 per cent safe."

"The assets are well protected and tightly monitored. We should be wary of the disinformation being spread against our nuclear programme, including the suggestion that the US may move to denuclearise Pakistan," he said. US Senator John Kerry, during a recent visit to Pakistan, addressed this "misperception and categorically denied any intention on the part of the US" to take any step against the country's nuclear assets, Malik said. —

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - World

Blackwater

Ohhh really Mr malik...was he the same guy who said i can assure you osama is not in pakistan.

Does pak army allowed civilian like him to know whats there security of there nuclear installation ??

Well Iam sure he will be first person ,even before zardari to flee pak after his govt change. After all he is British Citizen. Mi5-Mi6 knows more about pak nukes than malik

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What about remaining 800% ?? :D

Islamic nukes are safe in GOP hands.Afterall they are protecting taliban's asset.

Galaxy

Country flag
As my signature says. :rofl:

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it" - Adolf Hitler

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
100% from Pak + 100 % from Taliban = 200 %
when i read the title this is what come to my mind. I would also add that both PA and Talibs are protecting it side by side and all of them are thinking about their 72. After all this is their crown jewels and only asset of their country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles