Pak moves artillery guns to LoC

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
On the lines of what they did in Kargil War in 1999, the Pakistan Army has adopted an aggressive posture moving artillery guns along the Line of Control (LoC) opposite Mendhar sector in Poonch district, 230 km northwest of Jammu.

"We have observed artillery movement opposite Mendhar sector. While an artillery battery usually comprises six guns, they (Pak Army) have certainly moved two to three artillery guns opposite Mendhar," said a senior Army officer.

So far, Pakistan had been using battalion level weapons -- small arms fire and automatics, including rocket propelled grenades and mortars (82 mm) -- drawing similar response from the Indian side, he said.

Though the artillery has not been used by them till now, but possibility of using it (following artillery movement opposite Mendhar) cannot be ruled out, he said. The officer said the use of artillery amounts to war. "We are keeping a constant watch on developments unfolding on the other side and accordingly devising our strategy," he said.

Heavy shelling by Pak troops in June last year had forced India to eventually move an artillery battalion from Mendhar to the Krishna Ghati sector but it was never used. The stand-off ended only after a Brigade-commander level meeting that paved the way for the resumption of the trans-border trade and travel via Chakan-da-Bagh.

The officer also said that senior officers of the Pakistan Army in the past couple of days have conducted aerial and ground recce on the other side of the LoC opposite Poonch, Saujiyan, Mendhar and Hamirpur belts in Poonch sector.

Since August 8, the Indian Army has destroyed 15 Pakistani posts and several bunkers opposite Poonch, Mendhar and Hamirpur areas with weapons such as mortars, rocket launchers and automatic weapons, including anti-material guns.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I think Indian Army should show mellowness and refrain from tit-for-tat response for Pakistani aggressiveness. Someone has to restrain itself so be it Indians. I have said it before and will say it again, 'War' is not a solution for our problems. Pakistan has nothing to lose and Indians have nothing to gain.

Last edited:

pmaitra

If war breaks out in the Middle East, this would be an opportune moment for India to grab PoK territory from the Pakistanis. Let's put a limited Cold Start in place.

@Apollyon aka DK, while I applaud your noble pacifist gesture, I have a different view.

Last edited by a moderator:

nirranj

Country flag
With the Anti India Sentiment prevailing in Kashmir valley, Pakistan is trying to do something to exploit it.

They may well think that since India is now ruled by a weak govt, it is the time to capture some important strategic points along the LOC.

The govt will be indecisive even in case of a small skirmish. If there is a Kargil type incursion, I fear we will be in the receiving end this time.

DEJAVU

This is the best time India has to rage a war....
West is busy in Syria...Russia also focusing itself there..
India can now start two front war...Attack Pakistan and hope China will be sitting duck...

tramp

India can now start two front war...Attack Pakistan and hope China will be sitting duck...
Why would India wage a war right now with the economy not doing too well?
On the other hand, with the Pakistan Army chief about to retire soon, the LoC incidents may be a warning to Sharif not to get too cozy with Indians or get ideas about grabbing some power from the military.
The pattern is so predictable and repetitive ... the moment the civilian leadership starts talking peace with India, the military warms up the border.
But India may not have infinite reserves of patience.

sukhish

pakistan can do what ever it wants, at the end of the it's all about surrender for them. in what way shape or forum , it's up to them to choose.
also don't put to much faith on chinease.

sukhish

already 15 of your posts have been destroyed along the LOC. you guys bring in artilary just to show off .

pmaitra

With the Anti India Sentiment prevailing in Kashmir valley, Pakistan is trying to do something to exploit it.

They may well think that since India is now ruled by a weak govt, it is the time to capture some important strategic points along the LOC.

The govt will be indecisive even in case of a small skirmish. If there is a Kargil type incursion, I fear we will be in the receiving end this time.
India is not ruled by a weak government, and the Indian response to the recent ceasefire violations bears testimony to that.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to turn into another Congress-vs-BJP thread? MMS is not a person to shout off the rooftops. He is silent and gets the job done.

DEJAVU

Why would India wage a war right now with the economy not doing too well?
On the other hand, with the Pakistan Army chief about to retire soon, the LoC incidents may be a warning to Sharif not to get too cozy with Indians or get ideas about grabbing some power from the military.
The pattern is so predictable and repetitive ... the moment the civilian leadership starts talking peace with India, the military warms up the border.
But India may not have infinite reserves of patience.
India should teach Pakistan a lesson...
Indian economy is down rapidly and when economic bubbles bursts India will ready to start a war..

DEJAVU

15 posts.. REALLY... TOI or any toilet media is airing your bubble..

sukhish

15 posts.. REALLY... TOI or any toilet media is airing your bubble..
toilet media, wells we also live camera feeds. also just heard another drone strike , do you have any plan to take them down.
oh no I think your army general will piss in his pants before he shoots those drones.

Alpha1

If war breaks out in the Middle East, this would be an opportune moment for India to grab PoK territory from the Pakistanis. Let's put a limited Cold Start in place.

@Apollyon aka DK, while I applaud your noble pacifist gesture, I have a different view.
Don't forget Nasr missile dubbed as the Cold start killer

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

We could have if the Americans were not in Astan.

dealwithit

@Alpha1

I dont think war will escalate to nuclear level.. or even attacking with missiles..
with 60km range... India having long better prahar missile..with 150km range
you think India will be sit quietly.. think about brahmos shourya.. Pakistan can't even recover.... shourya with hypersonic will destroy any target in pakistan in minutes..

having Nasr makes their eyes blind .. India will retaliate heavily.....

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Don't forget Nasr missile dubbed as the Cold start killer
Ohh Yes !! The supposedly miraculous 'guided' rocket which is being designed to carry a mythical 'miniature' Nuke.
The country with Scientific prowess of an African Country bragging to have developed a miniature Nuke is comical.

Alpha1

@Alpha1

I dont think war will escalate to nuclear level.. or even attacking with missiles..
with 60km range... India having long better prahar missile..with 150km range
you think India will be sit quietly.. think about brahmos shourya.. Pakistan can't even recover.... shourya with hypersonic will destroy any target in pakistan in minutes..

having Nasr makes their eyes blind .. India will retaliate heavily.....
we too have SRBMs with 150 km range.
Btw Retaliating heavily because of a subkiloton Nasr explosion doesnt make sense

Alpha1

Ohh Yes !! The supposedly miraculous 'guided' rocket which is being designed to carry a mythical 'miniature' Nuke.
The country with Scientific prowess of an African Country bragging to have developed a miniature Nuke is comical.
Let me assure you the mushroom cloud it will create won't look so mythical, neither did its test :azn:

dealwithit

we too have SRBMs with 150 km range.
Btw Retaliating heavily because of a subkiloton Nasr explosion doesnt make sense
you better have hypersonic and supersonic cruise missiles.. which cannot be intercepted....

pmaitra

Let me assure you the mushroom cloud it will create won't look so mythical, neither did its test :azn:
I do not doubt Pakistan's capability to nuke India, however, I do not believe that Pakistani leadership is insane to go nuclear over a disputed territory and bring about their own total and comprehensive vaporization.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles