Pak may give nukes to 'surrogate Taliban' for use against India: U.S.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Pak may give nukes to 'surrogate Taliban' for use against India: U.S.

PTI Share · print · T+**·** T-

Pakistan may slip over nuclear weapons to the Taliban for use against India in the event of escalated tension or war between the two neighbours, a non-proliferation U.S. commission has said.
"If something broke out in Kashmir that reignited the vitriol between India and Pakistan, that could be an incident that could cause someone to make the decision.
"We don't want to use these weapons, but we're going to let our surrogate Taliban have access to these weapons and they'll do our dirty work," Bob Graham, head of U.S. Commission on the Prevention of WMD proliferation and terrorism told U.S. legislators at a Congressional hearing.
Mr. Graham was responding to questions from anxious lawmakers who expressed concern over the safety and security of nuclear weapons in Pakistan at a hearing convened by the House Homeland Security Committee.
"I think one of our recommendations was to work with India and Pakistan to develop some fail-safe procedures.
Unlike, the U.S. and the Soviet Union during the Cold War, where although we were strong adversaries and had the capability of destroying each other.
"We understood that we didn't want to allow a misstep or an accidental event to become the ignition for such a war. So we set up the red phone in the Oval Office and a whole protocol," Mr. Graham said referring to the report of the commission released early this year.
"None of that exists between India and Pakistan. I have felt that this may be an area in which the U.S. and Russia together, since we developed these protocols for our own benefit and the world's benefit, might work together with India and Pakistan to try to get them to develop," he said.
"I was encouraged that within the last month India and China have started to develop some of those fail-safe procedures. But there's almost nothing that has been done in a similar vein between the real adversaries, which are India and Pakistan," Mr. Graham said.

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/international/article408260.ece

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I fear this might be a false flag operation with agents like geelani and they are just shouting before hand to save there a$$e$

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
When the US is aware that Pakistan's proliferation record is only going to go downhill from here on, why don't they place it on the same platform as Iran and North Korea? Since the US has near-authoritative control over everything Pakistan does, why not disarm it? It's not like India is going to invade Pakistan with the US military stationed there? Just because they pose threat to the US (although they don't have the missiles to strike US) they're more of a threat to world peace than Pakistan?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
as always us is execrating the things. i do-not think Pakistan military set up is so fool to give terrorist a nuclear missile/bomb . first even if its given then it may land up with international terrorist group which would ultimately make Pakistan as enemy of world.second nukes arent simple toys where u can gust play with them third i donot think pakistan have/had perfected tactical nuclear technology and 4 last even if they gave it took them + if kashmir or any other terrorist used it against india then i am sure india wont hastitae it to use nuke against pakistan because at that time pakistan`s non-state actors argment wont work

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ahh, we keep hearing all this from the US but then we also hear praises from the admin there about how Pakistan is working to secure its nukes.. Waste of time even discussing these statements these days as they hold no value. It doesnt make any difference to the admin in the US which continues to wink on this issue to save its arse in Astan.

Shortsighted policies from different nations have always hurt the entire world. The creation of Taliban and AQ itself was one by the CIA to fight the soviets. Now its haunting them. If this person is right in his assessment about Pak giving nukes to Taliban, then it would haunt the world in the future as the Taliban will hand over the nukes to the AQ which has been looking for nukes for a long time.

AkhandBharat

If any radical organization gets its hands on a nuclear weapon, the chances of it being exploded in the US is a lot more than in India.

DaRk WaVe

Someone wants to bring into view 'AQ Khan & Threats Posed by Nukes in the hand of Pakistan'

American Duality ;)

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Pakistan's dirty trick on N-weapons stands exposed

Washington: Pakistan may slip over nuclear weapons to the Taliban for use against India in the event of escalated tension or war between the two neighbours, a non-proliferation US commission has said.

"If something broke out in Kashmir that reignited the vitriol between India and Pakistan, that could be an incident that could cause someone to make the decision.

"We don't want to use these weapons, but we're going to let our surrogate Taliban have access to these weapons and they'll do our dirty work," Bob Graham, head of US Commission on the Prevention of WMD proliferation and terrorism told US lawmakers at a Congressional hearing.

Graham was responding to questions from anxious lawmakers who expressed concern over the safety and security of nuclear weapons in Pakistan at a hearing convened by the House Homeland Security Committee.

"I think one of our recommendations was to work with India and Pakistan to develop some fail-safe procedures. Unlike, the US and the Soviet Union during the Cold War, where although we were strong adversaries and had the capability of destroying each other.

"We understood that we didn't want to allow a misstep or an accidental event to become the ignition for such a war.

So we set up the red phone in the Oval Office and a whole protocol," Graham said referring to the report of the commission released early this year.

"None of that exists between India and Pakistan. I have felt that this may be an area in which the US and Russia together, since we developed these protocols for our own benefit and the world's benefit, might work together with India and Pakistan to try to get them to develop," he said.

"I was encouraged that within the last month India and China have started to develop some of those fail-safe procedures. But there's almost nothing that has been done in a similar vein between the real adversaries, which are India and Pakistan," Graham said.

http://news.in.msn.com/internalsecurity/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3831406

raja696

I think no wonder India will pound the pakistan every inch of its land evapourating all kinds of army it has if nuclear weapons are passed to taliban ,infact no need of India to do this USA, RUSSIA will finish the work for us. Usa is worrying about nuclear iran frankly because iran will pass nuclear weapons in future to remaining arab countries around it and finally they fight israel .Then its inevitable for USA to join israel war with these arab countries. Which leads to another world war. At this point if these arab countries join with nuclear weapons India will be challenged on its stand on kashmir. finally India is left with no option but to join with USA and other allys of it.... haha too much day dreaming but possibilities are there.

BunBunCake

;DD They've done it before. (i'm not saying they gave nukes. But they did support them, and use them ^^)
No guarantee that they won't do it again.

When it comes to War With India:
Taliban/Al-Qaeda = Brothers and Sisters

When it comes to begging for Aid from US:
Taliban/Al-Qaeda = Terrorists are not our people, killing innocent civilians, they aren't Muslims. ETC.

You gotta love Pakistan, and it's media, and it's people.

lodaxstax

scare scenario:

if the terrorists do get nuke and do use it on our territory. what do we do?

reply back and take this attack to logical conclusion i.e wiping out pak completely or do we sit and hear zardari say we are not responsible, it was the non-state actors at work.then sit 'peacefully' doing nothing?

BunBunCake

scare scenario:

if the terrorists do get nuke and do use it on our territory. what do we do?

reply back and take this attack to logical conclusion i.e wiping out pak completely or do we sit and hear zardari say we are not responsible, it was the non-state actors at work.then sit 'peacefully' doing nothing?
clap clap clap clap
LOL.

Last edited:

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Two points to remember are:

1.Which is more tempting target for Al-qaida/taliban/or any other islamists USA/west or india?And attack on whom creates more impact is it usa or indiaIf islamist lay their hands on nukes They will be more happy to blow away glittering NYC or any other western city then the slums of delhi or mumbai.For them attack on usa/west creates lot more impact on attack on india.india has always lived under the threat of loose nukes but now its the west who has lost its sleep over the loose nuke coz they too know that the usa is the biggest satan foRr world over islamist.=xD

2.The chinese nuke proliferation to north Korea and Pakistan and Myanmar is not for keeping india under check but to keep usa on tenterhooks so that china can get some leverage from usa in case of confrontation.

Last edited:

lodaxstax

Two points to remember are:

1.Which is more tempting target for Al-qaida/taliban/or any other islamists USA/west or india?And attack on whom creates more impact is it usa or indiaIf islamist lay their hands on nukes They will be more happy to blow away glittering NYC or any other western city then the slums of delhi or mumbai.For them attack on usa/west creates lot more impact on attack on india.india has always lived under the threat of loose nukes but now its the west who has lost its sleep over the loose nuke coz they too know that the usa is the biggest satan foRr world over islamist.=xD

2.The chinese nuke proliferation to north Korea and Pakistan and Myanmar is not for keeping india under check but to keep usa on tenterhooks so that china can get some leverage from usa in case of confrontation.
and pray tell how do those terrorists take those nukes all the way to US and do dhamaka there? its much easier to attack India than US. and besides, the report speculates that its the Pak establishment which could give nukes to these outfits. am sure no paki general in his sane mind would want to that for the U.S.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
and pray tell how do those terrorists take those nukes all the way to US and do dhamaka there? its much easier to attack India than US. and besides, the report speculates that its the Pak establishment which could give nukes to these outfits. am sure no paki general in his sane mind would want to that for the U.S.
last i checked 9/11 happened in usa not in india.It was usa's USS cole which got blasted in gulf not india's INS vikrant.coz both WTC and uss cole were nice giliterring targets then India and ins vikrant. hope you got the drift of what is indicated.

Last edited:

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Aj the USS Cole was a Destroyer

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
As far as the nuclear weapons are concerned then I must say that Pakistan can provide Taliban with modern weaponries but cannot dare to give them the nukes because whole world knows that pakistan is one of those countries whose nukes are not secured from getting into the hands of terrorists. After Mr. Gilani`s countinously explaining to U.S that their nukes are under secure hands I dont think that they would give their nukes to the Taliban. Pakistan also knows this fact that if even by mistake, their nukes got slipped into the hands of the Taliban then what would happen to its left out reputation and the several bans that will be imposed on Pak after that.

U.S is very well aware of this fact that if the Taliban acquired the nukes then it would be its first "victom" and not India. These comments made by the U.S officials only are only produced to catch the global attention on this topic. Presently from the global conditions I can only say that only nuke threat possesed to India is from Pakistan and that too in an upcoming Indo-Pak war which is just a prediction. So relax and cooperate in India`s` upcoming defence programs.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
thanks for correcting F-14.quite a novice though all ships looks same to me:)

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I am confused. How a mullah militant outfit will be able to get these nuke and explode in Indian city.

This is only possible when an Pro Pakistan and NATO recognised state (Taliban regime) in Afghanistan will be established (may be Afghanistan will be divided or Power sharing will be worked out). Its a long game and Nuclear proliferation under disguise of nuclear energy will be done. This is what China did to increase US headache by making many nuclear capable Pockets on globe. Pakistan is part and parcel of this anti USA conspiracy and proliferation nexus.

Pakistan is trying hard to make US ran out of patience and planning to click a deal for USA with Taliban. If i could have wasted many months thinking how Pakistan be able to use its strategic depth in Afghanistan with a pro Pakistan regime against India; Where geography and logistics are no where suggesting it as feasible. Then i can assure this mystery leads us to that point where Pakistan be able to get out of the picture after when a nasty nuclear catastrophe in India will be conducted by this regime. Last time there were non state actors, this time it will be a nuclear capable state where India will be helpless as usual and deceived in detail. The time span of this game is not short, India has to act assertively before Pakistan could proliferate Islamic bombs with a same Chinese ideology which is working well against USA and shall now against regional super power India for Pakistan very soon.

It was a failure of India (all agencies concerned) when out of the blue Pakistan started calming herself as nuclear state. Rather attacking Pakistan in 80's and destroying nuclear installations our idiot politicians were making deals with Pakistan not to attack each other's nuclear assets lol... without invitation. Tomorrow Bangladesh will do the same followed by Srilanka and we all now about Burma..the list is on.

I can see the trend where a well planned propaganda is working well against India that we are deleterious to our neighbours and we all Indians have become defensive on these allegations very badly. Its a matter of time when India for a bloody trade negotiation will not be able to influence its interests upon a neighbour. The time is running out, we have already certified that china is beyond our reach. Nuclear Pakistan became 'not a cup of tea' when we started talking about MAD.

So where this toothless super power India will stand under such serious threats in future. To whom we are trying to impress as noble non assertive state. Please name me few nations facing same threats and acting like us. I can suggest you few nations under threat randomly and please study a bit what they have planned for the threats. China under threat from Russia and USA in past ready to kill and be killed and as mentioned above proliferating nukes for US to clean the mess. Israel for Iran , Iran for Israel, USA on spree of bombarding since world war II with his sister concerns.

So the Plan 1 has to be: Attack Burma with an excuse to establish Democratic Govt. (no need to mention trigger and worry world opinion. It will favour us cause last time India was criticized by many after turmoil in Burma). Neutralize all pro chines power holders and nuclear assets. Station over whelming military assets so that we be able access Burmese corridors to entrench into China.

2. Establish a pro India govt, in Nepal BD and Sri Lanka.Invest resources in all and work out military alliance with regimes in power. We have lost many chances; at the cost of Maoists in Nepal the alliance was readily available and at the cost of LTTE determined India would have done miracles for its regional hegemony(Indians half heartedly crying LTTE was dangerous outfit are not getting that Chinese in Lanka a worst). Still there will be many opportunities India can create one is ready for harvest in Afghanistan and we are shrinking like pigeon near a cat.

3. Stop thinking to improve our PR no one likes us and we do not care is the mantra, neighbour's stability at the cost of India is unacceptable. It time for actions and claim what we deserve. Americans can afford to be pre emptive so can India cause we do not need to conquer all oceans but Sub continent at least.

Regards

Last edited:

JANA

Lolz the most funniest headline and false assumption i have heard and read so far.

Some vital questions

Q 1. Who will be benefited by any such "nuke" attack on India?

Answer: None other than US and India.

Q 2. Who will be harmed the most by any such assumed attack ?

Answer: None other than Pakistan.

Q 3. Who can stage any such attack and provide any dirty bomb to militants?

Answer: India or US or both jointly.

Q 4. Why would India, US stage any such attack?

Answer: Because thats the easiest way to implicate Pakistan for disarming her of her nukes and nuclear program after US and India failed to do that through other means.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles