Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

Shishir Gupta Posted online: Monday , Oct 12, 2009 at 0827 hrs
New Delhi : In a significant development, the Pakistan ISI station chief, MK Afridi, at its High Commission in Delhi got electrocuted “ while drying his hair late Sunday night at his Vasant Vihar residence” and died. His body was taken to Pakistan via Wagah border in the wee hours of morning after intervention at the highest levels.

Government sources told The Indian Express that Pakistan High Commission told the local police that Afridi, who held the post of Counsellor, was electrocuted as he was using a dryer after having bath in the evening at his Vasant Vihar residence. Apparently as no foul play was suspected, no post mortem was conducted. It was at the diplomatic intervention that Pakistan High Commission was allowed to transport the body to Pakistan. It is learnt that the Pakistan High Commission officials took the body via road at 3.00 am this morning and the entourage crossed Wagah around 8.00 am.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Is this a coincidence??:eek:

ISI agent found shot dead in Nepal hotel

Piyush Srivastava
Lucknow, October 7, 2009

Abdul Majid Siddiqui alias Majid Manihar, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent wanted by the Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra Police for supplying counterfeit currency notes and illegal arms in India, was found dead in a Nepal hotel on Tuesday.

Majid was found shot dead in the Nepalganj area of Banke district, about 8 km from UP's Bahraiajid, which was his native place. He was said to be close to Paras, the controversial erstwhile prince of Nepal, Mirza Dilshad Beg, a criminal-turned MP of Nepal who was killed in 1998, and mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, said to be in Pakistan under the ISI's protection.

At a press conference on Tuesday, additional director general of UP Police Brijlal said Majid had become a threat to his ISI bosses. He was gunned down by two of his aides.

While Majid had been staying in the hotel for the past few days, two of his friends and the suspected ISI agents joined him two days ago.

"The ISI decided to get Majid eliminated because he had turned dangerous for them. After his son's arrest by the Indian and Nepal police, they were worried he would spill the beans in exchange for the youth's release," Brijlal said. "It is clear the ISI is behind his killing. We are awaiting more information."

A close aide of King Gyanendra, he was allegedly privy to the secret behind the shootout in King Bijendra's Kathmandu palace on June 1, 2001. Bijendra, queen Aiswarya and prince Dipendra were killed in that shootout. Majid, the ISI reportedly feared, would surrender in India and reveal all his associates and their activities.

According to a police officer from Bahraich, Majid had broken down after his son Javed Siddiqui alias Vicky Manihar was arrested on August 28. Vicky was nabbed in a joint operation by the anti- terrorism squad (ATS) of the UP Police, Bahraich police and Nepal's Banke police.

Sources said Majid had tried to strike a deal for Vicky's release.

However, he later decided to own up to all the crimes, including those committed by Vicky.

Vicky reportedly told the ATS that his father was not only working for King Gyanendra and his son Paras but also for the ISI. "Ever since I can remember, he had been supplying counterfeit Indian currency.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
how in the world can you die drying your hair,he must be either dumb or very unlucky,me suspect's foul play.Can you imagine having to tell his family how he died,i would cringe with embarressment...
My guess is that this guy might have been bumped-off by their own agents. See the alacrity with which they have transported the body within 6hrs to Pakistan without post-mortem. And, why GoI allowed them to take his body?? All questions but no answers. That's how dirty the intelligence business is.

Flint

Does Pakistan make public the identity of its ISI chiefs in India?

Arun

My guess is that this guy might have been bumped-off by their own agents. See the alacrity with which they have transported the body within 6hrs to Pakistan without post-mortem. And, why GoI allowed them to take his body?? All questions but no answers. That's how dirty the intelligence business is.
And why the hell on earth we didn't conduct a "postmortem" .This could be a foul play by ISI.

Vladimir79

Professional
I wonder if these offings have anything to do with Zadari's quest to become Army Chief.

Flint

Zardari become army chief? That's impossible. He could try to appoint a more pliable Army chief though, but even that is very unlikely.

Costanza

Bravo, bravo!

Some of the members here really need to grow up. A person's death is being subjected to sarcastic and pathetic remarks. Death of a person should be respected regardless of your nationality or beliefs.

May he rest in Peace.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Bravo, bravo!

Some of the members here really need to grow up. A person's death is being subjected to sarcastic and pathetic remarks. Death of a person should be respected regardless of your nationality or beliefs.

May he rest in Peace.
Do Report any posts you find offensive and not keeping up with the Standards set By DFI. Bringing it out into open and discussing it will only result in Off topic Posts being generated.

Martian

Respected Member
My guess is that this guy might have been bumped-off by their own agents.
I usually don't believe in conspiracies. However, in this case, I think somebody wanted his job.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^Oh really?. Don't be so self-righteous. There is blood of many Indians on people like these. This guy might be involved in killing of many innocents in my country. So, don't expect sympathy for him here. If he were an armed forces person who died fighting bravely and openly, then we would still respect him. Two different things.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
^^Oh really?. Don't be so self-righteous. There is blood of many Indians on people like these. This guy might be involved in killing of many innocents in my country. So, don't expect sympathy for him here. If he were an armed forces person who died fighting bravely and openly, then we would still respect him. Two different things.
Thinking from your POV its correct, but you must not forget that these men do what their country is asking of them and what their country is asking maybe heinous, so nonetheless they cant be called Cowards just because they differ from the army.

RAW is also just like them, so is CIA or Mossad, does it make their operatives any less than the armymen?? I dont think so.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thinking from your POV its correct, but you must not forget that these men do what their country is asking of them and what their country is asking maybe heinous, so nonetheless they cant be called Cowards just because they differ from the army.

RAW is also just like them, so is CIA or Mossad, does it make their operatives any less than the armymen?? I dont think so.
True, they might be working for their country. But I would have no objection to ISI's intelligence in India if it was for protection and defense of Pakistan but it is well known that ISI's aim in India is to not to protect Pakistan but to destroy India. Khalistan movement, 1992 Mumbai bomb blasts, Khandahar plane highjack fiasco, Terrorism in Kashmir all of these have a strong fingerprint of ISI. This is not acceptable. And that's why I don't respect such rogue intelligence agencies (not my words but is well known in media and these very words used to describe ISI) and people working for it.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I think we have to be careful that while analysing the actions of our enemies and their rationale behind it, we do not get carried away and start accepting their justifications for the same.

The objective behind looking at things from an enemy's point of view, is to find and exploit weaknesses in their strategy-it's not to accept their explanations for their crimes against us.

amitkriit

What about him being a double agent? May be ISI found out the truth.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
True, they might be working for their country. But I would have no objection to ISI's intelligence in India if it was for protection and defense of Pakistan but it is well known that ISI's aim in India is to not to protect Pakistan but to destroy India. Khalistan movement, 1992 Mumbai bomb blasts, Khandahar plane highjack fiasco, Terrorism in Kashmir all of these have a strong fingerprint of ISI. This is not acceptable. And that's why I don't respect such rogue intelligence agencies (not my words but is well known in media and these very words used to describe ISI) and people working for it.
Again correct from your POV. The ISI has been hand in gloves with every known Anti India Force. But think again, was the RAW keeping quiet while Khalistan Raged or say when Afghan was under seige during the cold war??

RAW has limitations, and has a definitive authority over it, while ISI is truly Independent, and is a headless monster to many, not knowing where it will turn next!!! Its supported many entities, which can at best be termed a danger to Humanity Itself.

But, Even if RAW didnt go that extra mile to be as sinister as ISI, when you look at it, nobodys hands are clean! Intelligence agencies are not made for Decorative purposes. They have targets to achieve, they have purposes to fulfill, but Sadly in ISIs case, its not always for Pakistans interest in the long term.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
the intelligence business is a dirty one both these men knew they were putting themselves into harm's way when they enlisted,as such i have no sympathy for these men i however offer my condolences to their respective families most of whom would be unaware of their relatives real job.as for the question about the man being a diplomat most intelligence operatives operate under the guise of some diplomatic post in whatever country they are posted.

S.A.T.A

Diplomatic Counselors and cultural attaches are almost invariably vetted by their respective countries intelligence agencies and liaise between the parent agency and its foot soldiers on the ground.

The death is highly suspect,probably an inside job(if its not indeed an unfortunate accident)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles