Pak Demands Mohenjodaro's 'Dancing Girl' From India, Says Indus Valley 'Our Heritage'

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We should ask them to declare themselves to be dependents of Hindus and not Arab ki aulad. If they declare that their forefathers were hindus than only we can consider their request.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani lawyer has filed a petition to ask the government to claim a 5,000-year-old bronze statue called 'Dancing Girl' from India.

Barrister Javed Iqbal Jaffrey filed the petition in the Lahore High Court on Monday.

The 10.5-centimetre-high statue, dating back to around 2500 BC, was discovered in 1926 from Mohenjodaro - the ancient city of the Indus Valley Civilisation in Sindh.

The petitioner claimed that the statue is the property of the Lahore Museum.

"It was taken to India around 60 years ago at the request of the National Arts Council, Delhi, and was never brought back," a report in Pakistani newspaper Dawn claimed.

Jamal Shah, director general of the Pakistan National Museum of Arts, in a statement said that a letter would be written to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) to bring the statue back.

"This is important if we want to protect our heritage," Mr Shah said.

Mr Jaffrey says the statue has the same historic importance as Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa in Europe. He calls it a marker of Pakistan's cultural heritage which needs to be protected.

Some of the most famous archaeologists in the world have described it as one of the most captivating pieces of art from the Indus Valley site.

The tiny bronze statue of a young woman is suggestive of two breakthroughs - that Indus artists knew metal blending and casting and that the well developed Indus society had innovated dance and other performing arts, India's National Museum said in its description of the Dancing Girl.
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pak-...-india-says-indus-valley-our-heritage-1472807
To that moron Paki lawyer. Here! Take this instead...

Akask kumar

Wrong, pakis are mix breed of Arabs, Turks, Mongols, Persians, Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Japanese, African, Latinos, Psythians, Russians are probably even aliens.:alien:
but they are not Indians for sure.:bounce:
I said pakistan not pakis. history ,geography of that region is part of Indian history ,heritage n culture.. Pakis are parasite ,,the Indus ppl living there were far more advanced in philosophy and life.. Pakistan is a mockery sitting on the chest of great Indus heritage...

root word is Sindhu from which two words originated-- Indus,Hindus..
Indus-- given by Greek(Megasthenese wrote a book Indica).
Hindu-- given by persian civ who cudnt pronounce S.. instead of "S" they use to say "H"..

Asura became Ahura(zoroastrian/persian god)
Sindhu became Hindu.. and so the ppl living there were referred as Hindu

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
root word is Sindhu from which two words originated-- Indus,Hindus..
Indus-- given by Greek(Megasthenese wrote a book Indica).
Hindu-- given by persian civ who cudnt pronounce S.. instead of "S" they use to say "H"..

Asura became Ahura(zoroastrian/persian god)
Sindhu became Hindu.. and so the ppl living there were referred as Hindu
Some other scholar told me that it's derived for the people who have Himalayas in North and Ocean in South.
Hi from Himalaya and Indu (इंदु) from Indu Mahasarovara (इंदु महासरोवर), now called Indian Ocean together makes Hi+Indu = Hindu.

Akask kumar

Some other scholar told me that it's derived for the people who have Himalayas in North and Ocean in South.
Hi from Himalaya and Indu (इंदु) from Indu Mahasarovara (इंदु महासरोवर), now called Indian Ocean together makes Hi+Indu = Hindu.
no i am sure here.. fot first time ,i heard about this when i was in school.. my history teacher told the S n H pronounciation problem story.. how Sindhu became Hindu.. back then i thought he was wrong..

But such lingual problem exist ,even in our communities.. if u go in south ..Tamil Nadu..
ppl cant pronounce छ and say च in place of it.. Chchata becomes chata..

same Ta in hindi become Tha in kannada.
SumiT become SumiTH..
bharat maTa become Bharat MaTHa..

Akask kumar

what does the word 'parSia' contain then ? :lol:
Persia and Persian are foreign words used to describe the country and its people.. Same way Hindu is a foreign wrod to decribe the ppl of current India..

HIndu religious old text dsnt hav word HIndu.. the religion actual name is Sanatan Dharma..

same way Indus civ didnt cll themsemves Sindhu civ,or indus civ or harappa civ or Mohenjodaro.. etc

as per modern findings they were called as Meluha.. this is what the mesopotamian called them..

Bharat Ek Khoj

Persia and Persian are foreign words used to describe the country and its people.. Same way Hindu is a foreign wrod to decribe the ppl of current India..

HIndu religious old text dsnt hav word HIndu.. the religion actual name is Sanatan Dharma..
One scripture has word Hidu. Also read somewhere an old Jewish book also used the word Hidu to describe us.

And I don't get it. Foreign adding 'S' to call Parsia ( then whats actual name of persia?) and Parsians removing S and calling Sindhu as Hindu ??

Akask kumar

One scripture has word Hidu. Also read somewhere an old Jewish book also used the word Hidu to describe us.

And I don't get it. Foreign adding 'S' to call Parsia ( then whats actual name of persia?) and Parsians removing S and calling Sindhu as Hindu ??
they didnt remove it by choice.. they cudnt pronounce S.. such thing even exist in tamil,kanada n other languages..

just read my above comment i have posted few examples.. i dnt know what persian called themselves.. i am looking for it.,, will post if i found..

no old scripture have word HIndu.. its pretty much a medieval name .. no ancient records..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu

The Punjab region, called Sapta Sindhava in the Vedas, is called Hapta Hindu in Zend Avesta.
Zend Avesta is like vedas of ancient pre-islamic perisa.. and in reality many verses in Zend avesta are actually lifted directly from vedas without changing even a single word. i can post the whole comparison link if u are interested..

the persian god is called is Ahura Mazda-- he is sukracharya the god of the asuras.
aSura became aHura in persia..

just type "origin of word hinud" into googe ,i cant post the screen shot..dnt knw how..it shows Hindu word as persian origin.
@Indx TechStyle

Last edited:

Bharat Ek Khoj

I don't trust wikipedia, specially when it comes to anything related hindu or india.
Once I read horrific description of lord shiva on wikipedia.

i can post the whole comparison link if u are interested..
Do post please.

aSura became aHura in persia..
If asura can become ahura, then it is also possible, hindu word was given by Saurasthra people of Gujarat, as replacing H is common there.
For example in Gujarat if someone asks 'Kem che' ( How are you)
Answer will be 'Saru che' (doing good)
But in Saurashtra they will reply with 'Haru che'. One may find plenty of words replaced with H there.

I would also like to know what is original name of Parsia.

Akask kumar

I don't trust wikipedia, specially when it comes to anything related hindu or india.
Once I read horrific description of lord shiva on wikipedia.

Do post please.

If asura can become ahura, then it is also possible, hindu word was given by Saurasthra people of Gujarat, as replacing H is common there.
For example in Gujarat if someone asks 'Kem che' ( How are you)
Answer will be 'Saru che' (doing good)
But in Saurashtra they will reply with 'Haru che'. One may find plenty of words replaced with H there.

I would also like to know what is original name of Parsia.
i am still on it.. will post.. when i am sure i got the real name of persia..

i dnt know how old is gujarati .. But the persian civilization I remember goes back to Darius I & II. its BC..
around Mauryan civilization or before that.. by that time Gujarati might not hav been born.. by that time Persia was a mighty civilization having great power .. pre-islamic persia never attacked india though they were almost at our gate,neighbor.. but later they entered gujarat region and might hav influenced the gujarati language.. that u are pointing.

now i am posting the comparative link between Zend Avesta and Vedas.. fire is common in both parsi and hindu and is considered pure..

Devas,hindus followed Brihapati ,, so thrusday is special in many hindu communities..
brihaspati is also THOR . so thursday is also special in europpe.[even before jesus..i am referring to Celtics]

Asuras followed shukracharya -- shukrawar,Friday is thus special for Ausras,persian,and even muslims ..they will now accept this but its the fact.

Asura dsnt mean they were demon with big teeth and big beard ..its just the practise that differ from devas and vedas.. its anti-parallel philosophy.. Hindu Gods are demons for them ..and what we call demons are pure n god for them..

http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in/2013/06/shukracharya-is-ahura-mazda-god-of.html

Veda: majadaah sakritva smarishthah [Only that supreme being is worthy of worship.]
Zend: madaatta sakhaare marharinto (Gatha 17:4 Yashna 29) [Only Ahura Mazda is worthy of worship.]
OR
mahaantaa mitraa varunaa samraajaa devaav asuraaha sakhe
sakhaayaam ajaro jarimne agne martyaan amartyas tvam nah
Rigveda: 10:87:21
(Translation: O Supreme Being, you are fire, you are the sun, you are water. You have appeared to us as Father, as our ruler, as our friend and as our teacher. O Great Father, you are beyond aging but we are not. You are beyond death but we are not. In spite of that you have given us the great fortune to call you our friend.)
mahaantaa mitraa varunaa devaav ahuraaha sakhe ya fedroi vidaat
patyaye caa vaastrevyo at caa khatratave ashaauno ashavavyo
( Gatha 17:4 Yashna 53:4)
(Translation: O Ahura Mazda, you appear as the father, the ruler, the friend, the worker and as knowledge. It is your immense mercy that has given a mortal the fortune to stay at your feet.)

From Atharva Veda: kasmai devaaya vidhema.
From Zend Avesta: kamhai devaaya vidhema.

Both mean “to which God should I sacrifice?”
Many ppl dnt like the captain blog coz he speaks Karwa sach /direct truth.no sugar coating..
u can deny his thinking,philosophy But u cant deny the facts,evidences..

Bharat Ek Khoj

but later they entered gujarat region and might hav influenced the gujarati language.. that u are pointing
Nope, they were very few, still are. Saurashtra is a big region, almost 1/3 of Gujarat. So no way they affected Gujarati language. Like many languages Gujarati is also derived from Sanskrit.
Gujarat region had civilization Lothal older than harappa.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
No, actually Hindu is ancient iranian term for sindhu river. It first appears around the time of the Achaemenid empire of Iran around 6th century BCE. It was a geographical term referring to the area (and eventually) people living on the east of the Indus river. Likewise the "sapta sindhu" was "hapta hindu."
The term Indus/indoi appear later, courtesy greek.
And yes, ahura is asura. My guess is asuras and devas were rival tribes of the ancient indo-iranic peoples.
Early on the term hindu was geographical and only much later did it refer to a religion (well after arrival of muslim invaders in the northwest)

PS: I never heard of sarovaram meaning as ocean, but more like lake. Samudram is ocean.

Bharat Ek Khoj

You might want to read my replies.
I've hard time buying persians calling sindhu as hindu.
PS: I never heard of sarovaram meaning as ocean, but more like lake. Samudram is ocean.
Yes, Sarovar means lake.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Nope, they were very few, still are. Saurashtra is a big region, almost 1/3 of Gujarat. So no way they affected Gujarati language. Like many languages Gujarati is also derived from Sanskrit.
Gujarat region had civilization Lothal older than harappa.
@Akask kumar
In addition to this, Avesta has not become AveHta and Zoroastrian has not become ZoroaHtrian.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles