Pak-China ties changing?

amoy

but not helping it with food or education for its people.
Allow me to be cynical they've received lots of aids from the US, and China.

What they need is not food or "education". They need a few Messiahs like Atatürk, Mao, or Deng...

nimo_cn

Country flag
^^

Why are Pakistan trained, inspired, or funded Uighur separatists in East Turkestan labeled as from "a South Asian Country?" How do most Chinese interpret such news? Why is the government not telling its own people the truth?
"Trained in a South Asia Country" doesn't mean "trained by a South Asia country", we totally understand the complicated situation in Pakistan. No need to sow discords between China and Pakistan. In fact, it is hilarious for an Indian who hates both China and Pakistan to do something like that.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
How long will China keep carrying a cripple on their shoulders and who also bites?
Haha...I could not help but burst into laughter when i pictured a dwarf cripple and who also bites! LMAO! :lol:

Good one sir.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well it would be foolish to expect that China will not do anything if Pakistan is cracking up.

China will support Pakistan as much as it needs to survive and to be hostile to India and not more. This means helping it with its nuclear program but not helping it with food or education for its people.
There is a lot of ways to help Pakistan, helping it with food or education surely is feasible, in fact China has been doing that. The only university in my small town enrolled at least 200 Pakistani students in the last few years, most of them came to study medicine in China and were covered by a scholarship provided by Chinese government. By the way, besides the Pakistani students, 50+ Indian students are here too, and they also received the scholarship.

Another better way to help Pakistan is to arm it to stand a contest with its hostile enemy India.

You see, China is doing both.

pankaj nema

Country flag
If pakistan DOES NOT change then China will Abandon it

China will NOT tolerate this religious extremism of pakistan for ever

And add to it the total incompetence shown by the Pakistanis in their economic development

ejazr

Ambassador
Allow me to be cynical they've received lots of aids from the US, and China.

What they need is not food or "education". They need a few Messiahs like Atatürk, Mao, or Deng...
Possibly but countries that provide military assistance to Pakistan unnecessarily affect the balance of power.

There is a lot of ways to help Pakistan, helping it with food or education surely is feasible, in fact China has been doing that. The only university in my small town enrolled at least 200 Pakistani students in the last few years, most of them came to study medicine in China and were covered by a scholarship provided by Chinese government. By the way, besides the Pakistani students, 50+ Indian students are here too, and they also received the scholarship.

Another better way to help Pakistan is to arm it to stand a contest with its hostile enemy India.

You see, China is doing both.
Well let me correct myself and say minimal help on food on education is provided by China.

The fact of the matter is that Chinese weapons as well as Chinese troops prescence in Pakistani occupied Kashmir is not amenable for having good ties with India. And China is not along, US also has the habit of providing more weapons and related assistance than socio-economic assistance on schools, trade e.t.c. although that does seem to be changing now.

China wouldn't like India or the US arming up Taiwan for instance because its interference in its periphery. The same applies with Pakistan and India.

pmaitra

How long will China keep carrying a cripple on their shoulders and who also bites?
That is an excellent display of humorous simile. Kudos to you Ray Sir.

:lol:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I have heard and read this discourse for sometime now and this has been opinionated by the Pakistanis themselves, of course by the liberal lot, people who are invariably members of SAFMA.

Are the sino-pak relations really strained? Yes, but I strongly believe the pros of having Pakistan alongside will most definitely weigh on the cons, and so the two will cling on irrespective of the circumstances.

# Chinese understand fully well, a vacuum in Pakistan means open doors for the US and then these two countries together could cause a lot more pain to them. China's encirclement will be happen on another front.
# Strategically China uses Pakistan as a buffer zone, as a point of transit in case of choking of Strait of Malacca, and most definitely in containing India, a regional rival of today and possible global rival of tomorrow.
# There is the added factor of terror.
# There remains the question of access to Indian Ocean, the trade route, the silk route.
# Most important, if China is to rise up to challenge the US for the top slot, they will require as many proxies as possible, and Pakistani leadership is game for it and is a perfect playground for the same.

China and Pakistan drifting apart, no, not happening.

Blackwater

Pak-China ties changing?

answer is yes, here is live example

Fardoos Ashiq Awan Insulted By Chinese Mission

:lol::taunt1::rofl::laugh::laugh::thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

A Pakistan Federal minister insulted by third grade officer of Chinese consular staff.

Ties and time indeed changing:laugh::laugh:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles