Pak can't guarantee against repeat of 26/11 in India: Gilani

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
Pak can't guarantee against repeat of 26/11 in India: Gilani

Pakistan, which is experiencing "Mumbai-like attacks almost every other day", cannot guarantee there will not be a repeat of the 26/11 strikes in India, Pak Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani has told the US.

"Pakistan is itself facing Mumbai-like attacks almost every other day and when we cannot protect our own citizens, how can we guarantee that there wouldn't be any more terrorist hits in India," Gilani was quoted by a source in the media as having told visiting US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates.

Gilani said the best safeguard against such incidents is delinking the bilateral peace process from action against terrorism.

The 'Dawn' newspaper reported that the Pakistan Prime Minister told Gates about steps taken against militant groups, saying they had been outlawed and their network disrupted.

In an apparent reference to Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, accused by India of masterminding the Mumbai attacks, Gilani said his government could not prosecute anyone without evidence.

He also sought "even-handedness" by the US in its dealings with Pakistan and India, the daily reported.

An official statement issued by the Prime Minister's office said Pakistan-India relations had figured in Gilani's discussions with Gates but did not say whether the Premier had said Islamabad could not guarantee there would not be more Mumbai-like attacks.

:twizt:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India can't guarantee against repeat of '71: Singh

pankaj nema

Country flag
but India CAN guarantee you massive retaliation Mr Gilani and Mr kayani.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
No Singh saab. Manmohan Singh isn't Indira Gandhi. Shiv Shankar Menon is not RN Kao. The most we would see if there is repeat of 26/11 would be dossiers.
I thank the Lord that India did not attack after 26/11 (Even though I was on the precision strike bandwagon). If that attack had happened, we wouldnt be able to see the bad Taliban bomb Pakistan and giving it a taste of its own medicine!!

StealthSniper

It's not that Pak can't guarantee against repeat of 26/11, it's that they won't STOP a repeat of 26/11. They will just turn a blind eye to it and actually they will be more aggressive in the future. India is growing stronger and stronger and they will do cowardly attacks to try to destabilize India any way possible.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Gilani said the best safeguard against such incidents is delinking the bilateral peace process from action against terrorism.
Gilani, Rehman Malik and their ilk are jokers. Gilani cannot guarantee against repeat of Mumbai-like attacks but magically they can safeguard India from such attacks if peace process is delinked from action on India-specific terrorist thugs. These guys are people with lowest IQs who doesn't know from which orifice they are talking from. He is better off groping sherry rehman rather than being a PM.

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
I thank the Lord that India did not attack after 26/11 (Even though I was on the precision strike bandwagon). If that attack had happened, we wouldnt be able to see the bad Taliban bomb Pakistan and giving it a taste of its own medicine!!
You are right. If we need to attack Pakistan for another 26/11, we would be in effect fighting 2 Pakistans - State of Pakistan and Terrorist "non state" of Pakistan. This would be a drag on our economy and growth. India should adopt Pakistan's policy and bleed Pakistan with thousand cuts. But I doubt the soft alliance of MMS and SSMenon. You would see India engaging Pakistan and going soft on Pakistan's government. Already evident in Sharm el Sheik declaration.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
SM Krishna has responded saying "India will not tolerate another 26/11".

notinlove

"Pakistan is itself facing Mumbai-like attacks almost every other day and when we cannot protect our own citizens, how can we guarantee that there wouldn't be any more terrorist hits in India," Gilani was quoted by a source in the media as having told visiting US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates.
easily the statement of the decade :yourock:.............
seems like pakistani bureaucrats been takin classes from bush on how to make funny statements.....for god's sake even dictators in africa don't make such statements....

P.S - I hope america reads it like "please take over pakistan , we are done :D :twizt:"

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
Reacting to Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani's statement that Islamabad couldn't guarantee against a repeat of the 26/11 attacks, Krishna said: "India has been appreciated for its tolerance and statesmanship in the aftermath of the 26/11 strikes. But any repeat of such attacks will have serious repercussions on bilateral ties. Let there be no mistake about this."

Krishna said India will defend its sovereignty with full strength. "We want cordial relations with Pakistan but such statements raise questions about the motives of the Pakistani government," he said.
Terror attack will impact Indo-Pak ties: Krishna: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

prahladh

Respected Member
This is the lamest statement I've ever read and I've seen Gilani sherry video. What an incompetent fella. How was he even elected.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
SM Krishna has responded saying "India will not tolerate another 26/11".
Yes, India will not tolerate one more attack, it will send off a truck load of dossiers to overwhelm dumb Pakistani politicians. :D

prahladh

Respected Member
If this is a confession and proof of their helplessness & incompetence, they should let the IA in and we will do what they can't.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
You are right. If we need to attack Pakistan for another 26/11, we would be in effect fighting 2 Pakistans - State of Pakistan and Terrorist "non state" of Pakistan. This would be a drag on our economy and growth. India should adopt Pakistan's policy and bleed Pakistan with thousand cuts. But I doubt the soft alliance of MMS and SSMenon. You would see India engaging Pakistan and going soft on Pakistan's government. Already evident in Sharm el Sheik declaration.
Bleeding Pakistan with a thousand cuts, and then MMS being too soft. Isnt it during Singhs Tenure that Pakistan is facing all the attacks? I am by no means saying India is behind it, but do you think India would declare it if it were behind even one of the attacks? Come on!!!

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
Bleeding Pakistan with a thousand cuts, and then MMS being too soft. Isnt it during Singhs Tenure that Pakistan is facing all the attacks? I am by no means saying India is behind it, but do you think India would declare it if it were behind even one of the attacks? Come on!!!
What I said was I doubt the "future" MMS and SSMenon alliance.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
What I said was I doubt the "future" MMS and SSMenon alliance.
Menon and MMS alliance, well you must be knowing that MMS is no Iron Man, and is not fully in control of the government, there is a certain Madam who too takes the call :) I kind of trust these folks, and feel they are not sell outs.

We can never be sure of things like this, so I leave it there, Speculation :)

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag

The 'Dawn' newspaper reported that the Pakistan Prime Minister told Gates about steps taken against militant groups, saying they had been outlawed and their network disrupted.

In an apparent reference to Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, accused by India of masterminding the Mumbai attacks, Gilani said his government could not prosecute anyone without evidence.

He also sought "even-handedness" by the US in its dealings with Pakistan and India, the daily reported.
They will keep on furthering their dirty little games, notice how he twists Indian demands to sound like their nation is the saint amongst men.

Its terrorist attacks launched from their soil, involving their citizens, supported by their shadow organisations that we are demanding a stop to.

About time the government starts giving response with some bullets, bombs and rockets across the border and play their old game of it was not us or we did not start the firing.

I have still not heard of any Pakistani fishing boat blown up by the Indian Navy or coast guard, about time we make things expensive for them, instead we have a government which thinks that a strong worded letter will make the great Pakistani machine suddenly take notice.

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
Menon and MMS alliance, well you must be knowing that MMS is no Iron Man, and is not fully in control of the government, there is a certain Madam who too takes the call :) I kind of trust these folks, and feel they are not sell outs.

We can never be sure of things like this, so I leave it there, Speculation :)
We don't know for sure what the future holds. But the past is a way to speculate future. Menon Saab has the credit for acknowledging that India & Pakistan were both victims of terror, when in fact he negated the fact that Pakistan is the perpetrator and India is the victim.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Times have changed, its not the Pakistan of the 70s we are dealing with here for sending across some planes or bombard some cities. This is a nuclear power we are talking about, a Highly Unstable Nuclear Power with street battles going on in their cities on a daily basis! Attacking Pakistan would be the last thing on my Mind. It would unite them, and an United enemy country is any day hard to take on folks.

Dont simply blame our Governments like the Pakistanis do. When we blame our Government it should be with solid backing. If we start to blame, we should blame all our Governments, except Indira Gandis (even she too was soft in negotiations). No one did anything hard on Pakistan, be it the right wingers, or the leftists or the current folks!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles