Pak can't guarantee against repeat of 26/11 in India: Gilani

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Defend against Nuke Strikes against the main metros where the MNCs are based? Aggressive is good, but being aggressive against a rogue nuclear power is not that bright.

We clocked the growth after 26/11 because we didnt go to war and the Home Ministry under Chidambaram are working and then Luck too is on our side as nothing bad has happened in any major city after that.
I think we're being overly cautious to the fact that Pakistan is a nuclear-armed state, and the notion that Pakistan is an army with a country rather than a country with an army. Regardless of what Pakistan is, it cannot survive the repercussions of using nuclear force, and it knows that.

A far more bitter rivalry than India-Pak exists between the two Koreas, and DPRK is far more unstable than what Pakistan is. They have their share of skirmishes now and then, too. DPRK couldn't use nukes against ROK. So whoever is in charge of Pakistan knows there will be nothing left of it, if it pressed the wrong button.

sunit224

Country flag
you are right Ahmed that is why we are in such a dangerous situation, I doubt we would ever use nukes with Pakistan but by Pak being so ready to use they will in a sense force us to use nukes.
This is the delima that our nation faces today. We cant go to war fearing it might go nuclear. Pak will keep on sending terrorist coz it knows we wont risk a war. There has to be some way out of it.

The only thing i can think of is increasing our internal security as well as going for covert ops making sponsored terrorism so costly for pak that it has no option but to shun it for good. We should also keep our aggressive diplomacy front continue to keep pak an outclass in international forums.

The other side to this is that it will creat more aleaniation and breed more terrorist out of pak. There is only one solution to this and that is for pak to willingly work towards eradication of terrorism which i know pak army will never allow.

The fallout will continue...

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Using nuke sin an indo-pak war is not environmentally feasible for both nations

If we nuke Islamabad the hot summer "Loo" and cold winter winds will carry the radioactivity to our land ., if they nuke us they get radioactive rain via the monsoons. whether we like it or not Nuking each other is suicide even without a response form the adversary.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Using nuke sin an indo-pak war is not environmentally feasible for both nations
The environment is the last thing on the minds of nations locked in a nuclear war. I don't think when executing a second strike, we will have any other option than to execute it, regardless of "the environment," and its impact on us. Decisions will be taken in minutes.

Country flag
This is the delima that our nation faces today. We cant go to war fearing it might go nuclear. Pak will keep on sending terrorist coz it knows we wont risk a war. There has to be some way out of it.

The only thing i can think of is increasing our internal security as well as going for covert ops making sponsored terrorism so costly for pak that it has no option but to shun it for good. We should also keep our aggressive diplomacy front continue to keep pak an outclass in international forums.

The other side to this is that it will creat more aleaniation and breed more terrorist out of pak. There is only one solution to this and that is for pak to willingly work towards eradication of terrorism which i know pak army will never allow.

The fallout will continue...
One option could be to use the Indus water treaty as leverage and possibly abandon it all together why share water with a nation that only wants to be an adversary?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
One option could be to use the Indus water treaty as leverage and possibly abandon it all together why share water with a nation that only wants to be an adversary?
Not possible with World Bank as the ratifying signatory, and UN norms. Our war doctrine against Pakistan is holistic, and is intended to defeat only adversary military, with minimal civilian damage.

sunit224

Country flag
This will lead to a war.

PS: We would kick-a** :india:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
What we can and should do is isolate pakistan economically i have said this before and i will say it again

1)Double taxes on all MNC's Companies operating in both India and Paksitan while halving taxes for companies operating solely whithin India.
2)Deny overflight rights to the PIA let them fly around India.
3)Deny any visas for work or any other purpose(except medical) to pakistani citizens.
4)Cut access to all pakistani media in india, should cut their claimed viewership by a large number.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Damn my net connection, i wasnt able to post on this thread earlier.

My thoughts,
Gilani ought to go and hide in a gutter after saying his government cannot protect its own citizens. If any other leader in any other democracy had would have told this, he would have been thrown and and probably butchered so to speak. So it just shows what kind of a democracy Pakistan is.

By saying that the stopping of terror against India is relate to the resolution of the "core" issues, Pakistan is again telling in no uncertain terms that it will not stop terror against India.

America too needs to wake up from its slumber over trusting Pakistan.

Bloody Aman ki Asha.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
can india gurantee that indus will stop flowing very next day.if india can gurantee that then im sure gilani pak army and everyone in pak can gurantee that 26/11 wont happen in india in future:twizt:. the thing is india never leveraged indus as strategic tool.now the time has come for that.under the shadow of nuke blackmail india can sure stop indus during irrigation season in pak and hurt them.pak wants to bleed india with terror attacks in 1000 year wars let us dehydrate pak only in one season and see then on their knees.fools can in pak dont get it into their brain that india is too big for their pin-prick,but if india starts pin pricking them they willl burst like balloon.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
1)Double taxes on all MNC's Companies operating in both India and Paksitan while halving taxes for companies operating solely whithin India.
I'm sure the number of MNCs that operate in India (and not Pakistan) vastly outnumber those which work in both. So it's not viable. Besides, why would you want your Colgate, Pepsi, and Suzuki to cost more?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles